Home

MLB 13 The Show Trailer - First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Trailer - First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #337
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Thumbs down Re: MLB 13 The Show Trailer - First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
That's why I get so frustrated with all the eye candy talk. Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay! The more folks talk about hat colors, lettering on shirts, the color of the eighth house behind the warehouse in left field, the less gets talked (or noticed) about the gameplay. All the eye candy in the world won't make a great baseball game, wait.....to some here it would.
This is just way off base.
Nobody cares more about gameplay than I....but in your world you'd be fine with a car company doing nothing to it's vehicles year after year except modifying the engine and drivetrain.

The way it looks.....creature comforts.....safety advances would mean nothing.

I realize it's a bit of a far reach in terms of analogy, but the game has to grow en masse.

They may emphasize on a certain area more from one year to another.....but everything gets worked on every year to some extent.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #338
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 13 The Show Trailer - First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
You don't know how WHO does it? Franchise mode IS played offline, no? Then, there is no point in your implying you made a choice to play the mode offline. My post was a response to what I saw in the video AND the history that I, as a customer of SCEA, have with this baseball series. I am capable of reading between the lines, and logic tells me that if franchise mode really had anything added /changed worth mentioning it would have been hinted at in the video. It wasn't. Logic isn't something you can see, my friend.
Bro. this wasn't a gameplay trailer. If you READ you would clearly see that the title of this is MLB 13 TS Trailer FIRST LOOK.
First Look doesn't involve gameplay/franchise fixes. It was meant to show each of the cover atheletes that we are supposed to vote for tomorrow.
Do you think SCEA wants everyone to know EVERYTHING about the game? If that were the case, what would be the point of Community Day and the buildup to the release?
If you don't understand that, then here it is plain and simple
First Look= Promoting voting for the cover
There will probably be a gameplay trailer as we get closer to Pit/Catch reporting to S.T.
Next time, read what's in front of you before making assumptions.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #339
Rookie

canyonblue's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates1fan
And, Tiger fans, is every little blasted detail SO important? Gracious, it is just a scoreboard! Same thing with all the Blue Jay fans getting frustrated about the color of the Jerseys and Turf at the RC. I understand the little things and details matter, completely agree on that. But WOW, in the words of Dr. Evil, tone it down a notch! Lol (-:
Point being, if they want input on any inaccuracies, we feel compelled to point it out. If they don't fix it will I still buy the game, absolutely. But until they tell me to stop posting about little details, I'll continue to tell them what is wrong.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #340
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

To add to that, I bet hell would be raised by the same poster if the Pirates played at PLC Field with no Roberto Clemente Bridge in the background. To add to that, the graphics department has nothing to do with the gameplay department.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #341
Rookie

OVR: 1

Could the uniform editor mean that we can take teams in existing franchise, relocate them, and pick different jerseys? Just a thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #342
Rookie

pirates1fan's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonblue
Point being, if they want input on any inaccuracies, we feel compelled to point it out. If they don't fix it will I still buy the game, absolutely. But until they tell me to stop posting about little details, I'll continue to tell them what is wrong.
You're right, I didn't thing about it like that. Just thought it all sounded petty, but I do completely get what your saying.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #343
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 13 The Show -- Exclusive Reveal Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I am pretty sure I have seen that same Sunset Flights advertisement in MLB 12 The Show so it may not be new.

But it would be so cool if someday we start seeing a lot more variety in the Fake advertisements in all the stadiums.
The old Triple Play Baseball/MVP series had the best fake advertisements of all time. Will never forget the big "Drink Lobster Cola" and Drink "Diet Lobster Cola" signs all over the park. lol
Old 01-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #344
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
$60 for new cleats? This presentation needed revamped, and if we have the same stale commentary, i can't recommend this game for that price.
Nobody is asking you to recommend it for that price.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »