Home

Community Day 2013 - Online Modes - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries

This is a discussion on Community Day 2013 - Online Modes - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: Community Day 2013 - Online Modes - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
minimum can be one player right now in MLB 12
I double checked by going Online to create a league and the min is 6 players. Maybe we aren't talking about the same mode...Let me know.

Last edited by Stikskillz; 01-10-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:41 AM   #18
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

How will the known issues of players exploiting the game be addressed?

i.e. Rage quitting, early steals on every runner, abusing the forced animations of the game (for instance going 2nd to home on a grounder). The throwing out from right at first seemed to be addressed, but has anything been done to remove these other issues from the game?

I was pretty into DD last year, but playing the games against other players was unbearable. Its not fun to have to base your whole way of playing online around these exploits.

The online was finally playable as in the lag was not the limiting factor last year, it was those who play online simply for their stats to increase and not to compete. Its the designers responsibility to keep the gameplay competitive and not a game of who can sneakily rack up the most wins and to keep potential losses from ever showing on your record via exploits. The customers have little to no power.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #19
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikskillz
I double checked by going Online to create a league and the min is 6 players. Maybe we aren't talking about the same mode...Let me know.
Six teams maybe....but only one needs to be HUMAN.
The others can be set to CPU....
I think that's what he means.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #20
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Six teams maybe....but only one needs to be HUMAN.
The others can be set to CPU....
I think that's what he means.

M.K.
Knight165
now all we need is online franchise so my brother and I can play without swapping save files
Old 01-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Will the online lag finally be addressed? I rarely play Online in The Show due o the fact that I have to swing at a 96 mph fastball as soon as it leaves the pitchers hand making me swing at curveballs in the dirt. It turns the game into a guessing game instead of a reaction one.

Only reason I even purchased 2k11-12 was because they have zero lag for pitching and hitting with some kinda new netcode they did in a patch for 2k11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #22
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlAtlZiX
Will the online lag finally be addressed? I rarely play Online in The Show due o the fact that I have to swing at a 96 mph fastball as soon as it leaves the pitchers hand making me swing at curveballs in the dirt. It turns the game into a guessing game instead of a reaction one.

Only reason I even purchased 2k11-12 was because they have zero lag for pitching and hitting with some kinda new netcode they did in a patch for 2k11.
minimal lag for me and loving online play. Here is a quote from a developer over at TSN
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizahowie
Thanks for the feed back. Games now have to have many dedicated servers. Something that people may not understand about hosting games these days is you aren't just using one server and one type of server. The games have so many working parts and so many items being processed at once, every section of the game has to have its own server type and multiple ones of each. for example servers for leaderboards, servers for stat processing, servers for chat, servers for Gameplay, etc. I think the hardest part is making them all play nice together and to be as reliable and as fast as possible. Server performance is always being monitored and issues that arise are addressed as soon as possible.

As far as lag goes, there are many factors that affect connection speeds and latency. Obviously it is our goal to try and make the game run as smoothly as possible and with as little lag as possible. We even go as far as having servers stationed in different areas of the world inorder to minimize the latency for users in different regions. The biggest factor to lag is User's connection types/speeds, internet traffic, bandwidth being used/available, and distance from the servers. Bored yet.....Its actually very complicated. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

thanks

][-][izahowie
Old 01-14-2013, 11:14 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Is COTW still there? Is it going to be the same as last year?
i hope so. was about to ask the same question, lol. it would be cool if there was a create our own challenge of the week mode offline?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #24
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

4 PSN online co-op?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »