Home

Community Day 2013 - Online Modes - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries

This is a discussion on Community Day 2013 - Online Modes - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon5 Re: Community Day 2013 - Online Modes - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries

Wonder if The Show Live will just be a one-off mode or something similar to 2K's MLB Today Season mode. That was a great concept, although I never did actually play it myself. I noticed the word "exhibition" in the fact sheet, which to me meant I play today's say, Red Sox/Yanks game and I win when the real team loses; the next day, the standings won't reflect my win, just what actually happen.

Still fun, but not as much as changing an outcome of a season game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #26
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Community Day 2013 - Online Modes - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries

When is the CD?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 12

Can you guys confirm if the hot/cold left and right zones on the player card under manage roster in an Online League are no longer in reverse? Offline, the left and right zones are correct, but online they are in reverse - meaning the red and blue squares for facing a LHP are under RHP, instead of LHP.

Thank you!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Six teams maybe....but only one needs to be HUMAN.
The others can be set to CPU....
I think that's what he means.

M.K.
Knight165
Yes, it is currently 6 teams at a minimum in '12. However, the ability to play an online league with one other buddy (2 player minimum) and also play as the cpu teams would be great. This way, the CPU teams can be controlled just for games, not for managing the rosters, signing free agents, etc. So if I'm user controlling the Giants and my buddy is user controlling the A's (with the idea to try and meet in the Fall Classic), and the Padres come up on the Giants schedule, I can just invite him to a game so he can user control the Padres.

This would also be great if someone drops from a league and a team needs to play the game, but wants to play vs. a live opponent, instead of the CPU.

In addition, another cool feature for a later edition of the Show would be for solo Franchise players to play live opponents/friends online as an option, solo they don't always have to play the cpu.

Hopefully my vision around this is more clear.

Last edited by Stikskillz; 01-16-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #29
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikskillz
Yes, it is currently 6 teams at a minimum in '12. However, the ability to play an online league with one other buddy (2 player minimum) and also play as the cpu teams would be great. This way, the CPU teams can be controlled just for games, not for managing the rosters, signing free agents, etc. So if I'm user controlling the Giants and my buddy is user controlling the A's (with the idea to try and meet in the Fall Classic), and the Padres come up on the Giants schedule, I can just invite him to a game so he can user control the Padres.

This would also be great if someone drops from a league and a team needs to play the game, but wants to play vs. a live opponent, instead of the CPU.

In addition, another cool feature for a later edition of the Show would be for solo Franchise players to play live opponents/friends online as an option, solo they don't always have to play the cpu.

Hopefully my vision around this is more clear.

I'm not a big online league guy....but can't you keep switching back and forth between the team being HUM and CPU?.....so you could keep it as a HUM team right up until playing the games....(I don't know if it would make any moves at that point or not.)

I know what you're asking for, but that could be a way around it if it's not that way.
(If I'm understanding you correctly! )

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-17-2013, 12:40 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm not a big online league guy....but can't you keep switching back and forth between the team being HUM and CPU?.....so you could keep it as a HUM team right up until playing the games....(I don't know if it would make any moves at that point or not.)

I know what you're asking for, but that could be a way around it if it's not that way.
(If I'm understanding you correctly! )

M.K.
Knight165
Yes, we are on the same page. In online leagues you can't switch it from human to cpu.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:06 AM   #31
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikskillz
Yes, we are on the same page. In online leagues you can't switch it from human to cpu.
Is this true?? When I was in online leagues, I remember the commissioner frequently switching CPU and HUM because of personnel changes... that was in 11 but it would be hard to believe if that feature was removed in 12...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2013, 02:53 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »