Home

Show 13 lineup logic

This is a discussion on Show 13 lineup logic within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Show 13 lineup logic

Has the lineup logic been addressed for this year?

For example;last year Kinsler would sit against righties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Show 13 lineup logic

Considering he hit .226 with lower than a .300 OBP vs. RHP he should sit vs. righties.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Considering he hit .226 with lower than a .300 OBP vs. RHP he should sit vs. righties.

M.K.
Knight165
Looks good to me!

Last edited by Curahee; 02-08-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

M.K.
Knight165
Doesn't make sense when he's an above average defender with no real backup. That's the problem I think the OP was having.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Ian kinsler is an everyday player. You can set the lineup and place them on manual so the lineup doesn't go all wacky . The CPU will only sub for him when he needs a rest when simulating. Combat this by giving everyday players higher energy ratings. If you play that game you can bypass the CPU lineup recommendation to rest him or any other player. 2 controllers and you can maintain this through gamecast. Lots of different workarounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Doesn't make sense when he's an above average defender with no real backup. That's the problem I think the OP was having.
You know the AI doesn't take fielding into account when making lineups.(if anything that might be the slightest of shortcomings here...but I'd say most managers are looking at batting performance when making a lineup anyway)
But if there is anyone with 3B as a secondary position and has higher vs. RHP stats than Kinsler's less than stellar ones vs. RHP it' makes perfect sense to play him.
Why?
BECAUSE THE CPU HAS NO IDEA WHO IAN KINSLER IS(and why should it if we want it to be LOGICAL 20 years into the future in franchise.)

You guys gotta remember the game is not meant to be played as a single season play it exactly as the MLB recreation.

Too many guys lose sight of that with lineups and trades.
(not saying it's perfect...but when I see comments on lineups and trades...it usually stems from someone saying "SO AND SO" is always in there vs. or should never be traded for....and that just makes no sense when you are trying to walk the line between a real life sim but dynamic at the same time)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #7
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
Ian kinsler is an everyday player. You can set the lineup and place them on manual so the lineup doesn't go all wacky . The CPU will only sub for him when he needs a rest when simulating. Combat this by giving everyday players higher energy ratings. If you play that game you can bypass the CPU lineup recommendation to rest him or any other player. 2 controllers and you can maintain this through gamecast. Lots of different workarounds.
Good idea.
What's the energy rating? Durabilty, maybe?
Old 02-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #8
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingleberryfinn
Good idea.
What's the energy rating? Durabilty, maybe?
Yep durability. Sorry for not using the correct term. I haven't picked the game up in months. Past sim testing on 12 proved true, that by raising durability ratings it had a direct affect on games played during a season. I did this testing with injuries off to get true numbers. Just raise everyday players to 99. Raising energy attributes has little effect on overall ratings.

Also I play with manual injuries because I follow day by day transactions so I'm not sure what affect it has on injury frequency.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »