Home

Franchise withOUT using 30 team control

This is a discussion on Franchise withOUT using 30 team control within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Franchise withOUT using 30 team control

I totally understand the desire for 30-team control. And 10 years ago, I'd have been all over it. But I'm strictly a one-team guy now. What happens in videogame world, happens in videogame world. Sometimes the CPU does screwy things. Sometimes real-life GMs do screwy things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #26
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I totally understand the desire for 30-team control. And 10 years ago, I'd have been all over it. But I'm strictly a one-team guy now. What happens in videogame world, happens in videogame world. Sometimes the CPU does screwy things. Sometimes real-life GMs do screwy things.
Agreed...If Washington wants to trade Harper or Strasburg in my "videogame" world then so be it. Ill just continue jugging along in my franchise
Old 03-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #27
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5

People...re-read what Knight said about 30-team control.

You aren't controlling 30 teams.

This is what i do (similar to others)

Profile 1 (my team...i control everything)

Profile 2 (29 teams...i control nothing)

Those who think it is time consuming haven't taken the time to figure out what is really means.

If you do nothing else...it can stop stupid trades

If you get more adventurous...you can set pre-season injuries for all teams...you can make trades for all teams...you can sign contracts...fix lineups...do the draft.

but you DO NOT have to do anything different.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

I control 2 teams at the most. I usually go with the Mets and an AL team. In recent years I been choosing the Rays as the other team. Like others have said I look at the Show as an alternate universe. I can't get caught up in making it just like real life. I try to do trades that the teams I use do but only if I agree with the moves. I don't want the game to play out exactly like real life. That would be boring to me.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

I do 30 team control franchise every year and I love it. The main reason is the trades. Like the big Boston La trade last year. It keeps me from resetting my franchise. I do the injuries and the starting pitchers if I have time. I try to keep it as realistic as possible. It is time consuming but worth it to me.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #30
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

30 team control is a must. It allows you to stop asinine trades that don't make sense by the computer logic.

I also like it because I can call up impact players from the minor leagues around the time they usually come up. Example, last year I called up Baltimore's star shortstop. Without 30 team control I'm unable to make this happen.

The last thing I use it for is for lineup/rotation adjustments. All you simply need is two controllers and no longer will you see Ortiz getting starts at first base or starting pitchers getting starts when the energy is low. I can control spot starts and make lineup changes that make sense when players are injured or need rest.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #31
Rookie

jwmcards's Arena

OVR: 3

I will probably go with 30 teams again this year. I can live with most lineups & usually let trades fall where they may, but sometimes trades just have to be vetoed. However, I will add that for those who may not have tried it, it can sound daunting, but it really doesn't have to be.

You are just setting up 2 profiles & set the second one to cpu for whatever you want, in most cases everything (for all other teams). That allows you the opportunity to control everything, it doesn't require it.

For me, it can also help avoid some burnout without restarting a franchise. Get tired of controlling the Cards everyday, switch my profile somewhere else & let the CPU take over St Louis for a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

I also do 30 Teams but only focus on updating rotations, lineups and injuries for My Division. Saves some time because once that OSFM roster hits, I'm anxious to start my franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »