Home

MLB 14 The Show Blog - Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Blog - Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2014, 02:56 PM   #57
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 14 The Show Blog - Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
You don't have to. That's what I've been trying to say. The game doesn't have to use the exact same logo data that is stored server side or local that the game reads. They export and display the logo outside of the game already. So I don't think its a stretch to think they could also export it out of MLB 12, 13, 14 via the server side data, and the just import a flattened one layer image into future versions. Its just an image file at that point.

If you are resticting it to local save file import/export than yes it is impossible to go back and make MLB 13 saves compatible with MLB 14, or MLB 14 compatible with MLB 13 saves at this point if they haven't done it this year. If that is the case than yeah, we have to move on from that dream. But I would gladly take a much lesser import option in the form of just a flattened one layer image.
I hope I'm not misunderstanding the conversation. Anyways,I'm thinking they can't use flattened images in the game itself.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:30 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 2
All of this online/dynasty stuff seems like fluff to me. Baseball fans are more about playing the actual game on the field. Give me perfect presentation, graphics, animations, weather, and commentary before any of the other gimmicky features.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Dev Blog from TSN: Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vessel29
This may be great news for some, but I was really hoping to see a blog about RTTS or offline franchise. I want to get the digital pre order and was hoping to see one of those before I pulled the trigger.

Uh didn't sony release an online franchise blog a few weeks ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #60
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
Uh didn't sony release an online franchise blog a few weeks ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He said offline franchise. They have not discussed that yet.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #61
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
I hope I'm not misunderstanding the conversation. Anyways,I'm thinking they can't use flattened images in the game itself.
That would be really...odd if true. There are plenty of flat images in the game, at least from the naked eye. It doesn't have to be a PNG, just whatever format that they use in the game.

I'm using flat to describe any image that isn't made of multiple layers. In the editor the logo is presented as something similar to photoshop where you can manipulate each layer or layer group. You can flatten groups of layers into one in the editor even.

In photoshop once you export that image, as a JPEG, PNG, GIF, whatever it is I'd consider that a flat image.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-13-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2014, 11:08 AM   #62
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7

I've tried searching but haven't been able to find a definitive answer. If I start a DD team on PS3 version, will I be able to carry that over on PS4? I know franchise and RTTS carry over. I don't want to take the time to make a DD team for PS3 if I'll have to start over when PS4 comes out.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:09 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
hope logo creation has been improved too cumbersome for my tastes and can never really give the mode a chance
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I always have the best intentions of playing this mode but as soon as I get to the logo creation section its over!
It takes time and effort, but you can definitely work some magic in the logo editor.

I made this replica of a famous snack mascot in about an hour:

Spoiler

I just wish the physical logo space was a bit larger so I could fit his legs into the frame.

Last edited by jyoung; 06-22-2014 at 07:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »