Home

A Franchise Gamer Torn

This is a discussion on A Franchise Gamer Torn within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-01-2014, 04:47 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: A Franchise Gamer Torn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
What you do, is when the off season hits, set the profile for the other 29 teams (or the teams you wish to not control) to everything auto, except Free Agency, and Contracts.

Now, sim until the day before the last day of exclusive negotiations with your current free agents (marked on the schedule by a star). Now, on the CPU teams profiles, switch Free Agency, and Contracts back to Auto, and sim through that last day of exclusivity. (after you have made qualifying offers, and such for your team of course).

Now, when you look at the Free Agency market, you will see a realistic amount of players hitting the market. Some will already have offers from their respective teams, some will not. Teams will have signed some of their impending free agents, but not all.

Remember, with 30 team control, even with everything set to auto, if you see a team offering a player a contract that they realistically shouldn't, you can go to that team, and withdraw the offer.
This I could see myself doing.

I am not running every team. I just won't. What's the purpose of AI if you have to do everything anyway? Plus, I know what every team is doing/planning/thinking because...I'm all the teams. Just not for me.

But the process described here - I'll throw the game that bone. CPU does it's thing except for that one day? I'll deal with that.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #18
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

I've updated the AL teams 25 man rosters, next the NL and then end spring training. Then go back in and add 15 guys to search 40 man, lock the lineups and rotations and set everything to auto.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:58 PM   #19
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Well, call me "Tardy to the (30 Team Control) Party"

Thanks to ktd1976's FA workaround and the nice "capsule" explanation in post 16 by BZito75, I'm begrudgingly committing to 30 Team Control for my upcoming Hybrid V2 franchise...

I've avoided it at all costs since it's inception, but since I want to get multiple realistic seasons out of this thing, here we go!

Play Ball:

And thanks y'all!

Old 06-01-2014, 06:10 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZito75
I'll also edit the first post of this thread to show the workaround. All in all this literally takes an hour to do.

1- Start a new franchise & load your saved roster
2- Chose your team and pick the first created profile (manual everything)
3- Check the remaining teams with the CPU profile you created
4- Set each teams MLB 25 man roster
7- End Spring Training
8- Go into your CPU profile and change the mode specific settings to what I have below.

Here is how I have it set up for the 29 CPU teams right now on their profile:

*Note: this is how it should look AFTER you click end spring training*

Lineups/rotations: auto
40 man: auto
Roster mover: auto
Scouting: auto
Waivers: Manual (this eliminates guys like Chris Davis put on trade waivers)
Drafting: USER PREFERENCE
Injury mgmt: auto
Trades: auto (will monitor each team as a commish, step in when needed)
Free agency: manual
Contracts: manual

Credit to ktd1976 for the below information and walk through:

Ok, so I did a little testing, and it seems the "FIX" is even easier, at least for me. I can live with the contracts the CPU gives to the arbitration eligible, and contract renewable players (those ones not yet eligible for free agency) if I get a realistic Free Agent market.

30 Team Control is still needed.

What you do, is when the off season hits, set the profile for the other 29 teams (or the teams you wish to not control) to everything auto, except Free Agency, and Contracts.

Now, sim until the day before the last day of exclusive negotiations with your current free agents (marked on the schedule by a star). Now, on the CPU teams profiles, switch Free Agency, and Contracts back to Auto, and sim through that last day of exclusivity. (after you have made qualifying offers, and such for your team of course).

Now, when you look at the Free Agency market, you will see a realistic amount of players hitting the market. Some will already have offers from their respective teams, some will not. Teams will have signed some of their impending free agents, but not all.

Remember, with 30 team control, even with everything set to auto, if you see a team offering a player a contract that they realistically shouldn't, you can go to that team, and withdraw the offer.

Keep in mind, the problem really isn't with the signing of the players not eligible for free agency yet, but rather with the teams having enough budget room to sign ALL their players who can be free agents, thus limiting the free agent market. By only giving these teams 2 days to do this, instead of 5, it leads to more players hitting the open market, while still receiving offers from their old club. These teams still can, and will negotiate conracts, renew contracts, and offer arbitration to their players who aren't eligible for free agency.
ONLY thing I would change, BZito, is leave WAIVERS on auto. In real life, almost EVERY single player is put on trade waivers in August. 99% of the time we don't hear about it, because when team puts in a claim for a player on Trade Waivers, he is pulled back off.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:33 PM   #21
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
ONLY thing I would change, BZito, is leave WAIVERS on auto. In real life, almost EVERY single player is put on trade waivers in August. 99% of the time we don't hear about it, because when team puts in a claim for a player on Trade Waivers, he is pulled back off.
Yeah thats true, even big time names get put thru waivers come August, then get pulled back if a claim is made.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #22
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Ktd you haven't steered me wrong yet, I will definitely change it to auto. I finished the 25 man rosters, and the rotations. Tomorrow I'll hit the lineups and start my franchise. I choice the mariners.

Should I add every teams 40 man rosters now? Or wait til August.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:52 AM   #23
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Ktd you haven't steered me wrong yet, I will definitely change it to auto. I finished the 25 man rosters, and the rotations. Tomorrow I'll hit the lineups and start my franchise. I choice the mariners.

You can add the 40 man players back at anytime after your into the regular season. Myself I usually add as needed, but I also follow real life injuries and transactions in my chise for all teams.

If on auto for teams your not controlling they will add them as injuries happen, but if could also be a player that isnt on the RL 40 man, especially if your using that Hybrid roster with odd overalls, cause they will call up based on overalls.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 06-02-2014, 08:11 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

I usually start with a roster that has 40 man roster intact, and just edit lineups and rotations for all teams on the first day of the season. Occasionally I have to call up someone, and send down someone else, but the CPU normally gets it pretty close to realistic. Only thing they royally mess up is the lineups, but that takes about a half hour to an hour to go through and fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »