Home

MLB 16 The Show Impressions from us puny "last gen" PS3 Consoles

This is a discussion on MLB 16 The Show Impressions from us puny "last gen" PS3 Consoles within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2016, 11:16 PM   #41
Rookie

spike83's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 16 The Show Impressions from us puny "last gen" PS3 Consoles

Earlier in this thread it was mentioned...

"...the softball-sized ball is getting on my nerves. It was perfect last year, and if the excuse is going to be "so it is easier to see", then that guy needs to look at the overlays, and the score bar, and the font size that is too small to read from 10 feet away. Not going to buy a visual excuse, when the menus this year are as tiny a font and point size as can be made legible. The ball is too big. It looks goofy."

I agree the ball is bigger but doesn't bother me...yet The BIG ISSUE I have is the EVEN SMALLER font size for the score bar, etc. I hated it last year and it just got worse this year. A certain discontinued game that originated out of the far east had nice and very legible overlays that I loved. No excuse really why it could not be replicated in the states but I digress..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 12:09 AM   #42
Rookie

LASTROSNoMore's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike83
The BIG ISSUE I have is the EVEN SMALLER font size for the score bar, etc. I hated it last year and it just got worse this year. A certain discontinued game that originated out of the far east had nice and very legible overlays that I loved. No excuse really why it could not be replicated in the states but I digress..
I agree with this 100%

I don't blame the players today for the money. I blame the owners. They started it. They wanna give it to 'em? More power to 'em.
-Yogi Berra
Old 03-31-2016, 12:37 AM   #43
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

"...the softball-sized ball is getting on my nerves. It was perfect last year, and if the excuse is going to be "so it is easier to see", then that guy needs to look at the overlays, and the score bar, and the font size that is too small to read from 10 feet away. Not going to buy a visual excuse, when the menus this year are as tiny a font and point size as can be made legible. The ball is too big. It looks goofy."

I agree the ball is bigger but doesn't bother me...yet The BIG ISSUE I have is the EVEN SMALLER font size for the score bar, etc. I hated it last year and it just got worse this year. A certain discontinued game that originated out of the far east had nice and very legible overlays that I loved. No excuse really why it could not be replicated in the states but I digress..
Is it possible for someone to upload a quick video to show the size of the baseball?
Old 03-31-2016, 08:34 AM   #44
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Couple of things no one mentioned yet:

Busch Stadium now has pictures and numbers of retired legends on LF Wall.
The Show Live now lets you use quick counts.
This may sound dumb, but The Show Live having quick counts is probably the biggest selling point for me. I like to play with the current rosters and it can be very time consuming in Franchise. But I also don't have much time to sit and play a game for an hour so I really like Quick Counts.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:15 AM   #45
Rookie

htskr21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Couple of things no one mentioned yet:

Busch Stadium now has pictures and numbers of retired legends on LF Wall.
The Show Live now lets you use quick counts.
Busch had those last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 09:21 AM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htskr21
Busch had those last year.
Yea they had pictures of current players not the legends. So if someone on that wall got traded like Allen Craig, it looked stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EK_EwZQdd8
Old 03-31-2016, 10:27 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

You really want some fun? Try to read the Game Log after the game... impossible.

They made the type really, really small. I still don't like the ball size, but I would inde3ed trade that fix for readable menus.

~syf
Old 03-31-2016, 12:27 PM   #48
MVP

jmillhimes's Arena

OVR: 4

Can you turn off the quick counts??? I hate the quick counts in franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »