Home

League 162: PS4 MLB Show '14 Online Franchise

This is a discussion on League 162: PS4 MLB Show '14 Online Franchise within the MLB The Show Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #97
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: League 162: PS4 MLB Show '14 Online Franchise

Would an attempt be made to 'catch up' to the regular season? Or is that asking too much of everyone--as far as time involvement?
Old 03-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #98
Rookie

PovertyStricken's Arena

OVR: 0

I've never tried Twitch before, but it sounds like a very interesting venture. It would also ensure true sim play as you are 'being watched'

As far as choosing teams go (I know it's early) but we could always put our top 5 teams and we could draw for most popular ones and then work our way down the list for the original members. (This will help ensure that folks don't get stuck with teams they care nothing about (Yankees )
Old 03-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #99
Rookie

JibJab 24's Arena

OVR: 17

For team selection I thought I had would be for each user to rank the division they want in order then draw teams for them from that division. This would randomize the teams somewhat if that's what's required and help fill out the divisions faster.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JibJab 24
For team selection I thought I had would be for each user to rank the division they want in order then draw teams for them from that division. This would randomize the teams somewhat if that's what's required and help fill out the divisions faster.
Yea, id say first thing that needs to happen is that we need to see how many users we have, find out how many divisions we can fill and then split them between the AL and NL.

Then we need to decide how to make budgets fair. Im not sure if theres an option for budget equalizing or not but if not maybe we can elimimate a certsin amount of teams, depending on how many player we users we have. Or we can just host our own draft. We could setup an ESPN fantasy league so that it randomizes everyone and then when its your turn to pick, you pick a player from the team you are choosing. for example, if you have the #1 overall team and want the boston red sox, you would draft david ortiz or dustin pedroia.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #101
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Would an attempt be made to 'catch up' to the regular season? Or is that asking too much of everyone--as far as time involvement?
I'd love to. Guys, if I had it my way, we'd play game one THIS Monday, game two on Tuesday/Wednesday, etc. This is where I'd like the league to be eventually, so we'll need to do catch-up-mode as we can...if we finish our series early, which in the beginning I'm sure we will, we can start to get caught up.

We'll need a few days to get our teams set, etc. Even do some tryouts and get used to sliders. Regardless, I'd like to kick-off that first season probably the first weekend after the game is released.

Last edited by Mike Lowe; 03-28-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 02:53 PM   #102
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedogg9999
Yea, id say first thing that needs to happen is that we need to see how many users we have, find out how many divisions we can fill and then split them between the AL and NL.

Then we need to decide how to make budgets fair. Im not sure if theres an option for budget equalizing or not but if not maybe we can elimimate a certsin amount of teams, depending on how many player we users we have. Or we can just host our own draft. We could setup an ESPN fantasy league so that it randomizes everyone and then when its your turn to pick, you pick a player from the team you are choosing. for example, if you have the #1 overall team and want the boston red sox, you would draft david ortiz or dustin pedroia.
We're not equalizing budgets. Baseball is unfair! Pick a team that suits you.

As for the draft, we're not doing any sort of fantasy draft.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #103
Rookie

WB1214's Arena

OVR: 3

Hopefully we will know whether or not it rolls over.. that makes a difference for how people pick teams. No reason to use Astros or Cubs if there's no rollover, they'll just be terrible then you have to restart next game.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:25 PM   #104
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Can anyone secure us free server space to install a WordPress site to? I can likely handle the rest of the setup with just an ftp database/user.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online »