Home

League 162: PS4 MLB Show '14 Online Franchise

This is a discussion on League 162: PS4 MLB Show '14 Online Franchise within the MLB The Show Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2014, 04:18 AM   #153
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: League 162: PS4 MLB Show '14 Online Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamidaddy
Just read through the thread, Definitely interested! Love the OP, the settings, sim rules, and overall organization that is going into this. The Show is definitely looking like it's going to be one of the best next-gen games this year. I've been in many OD's for NCAA and Madden leagues on OS (a few long lasting ones) before but I've never played online with the show, I always played on the vita before (had a 360 before the PS4 came out...2K...such trash!) and the this game is one of the reasons I got a PS4. Anyways, super excited. Hope I get picked lol (either through tournament or resume! haha) And even if that means getting added in later in the season if not the initial group...that's cool too! This league looks legit, and I could definitely enjoy having a long lasting baseball league with some OS guys. Oh and I'll take the Marlins if they are still available...haha

PSN: TheUInventedMe-6
You sure you read through it buddy?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed"
Old 03-31-2014, 08:45 AM   #154
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk
But that's the whole point of hitting. Good hitters make good hard contact on a consistent basis, bad hitters don't.

Plus, with the zone hitting if you have it down(just about everybody but me does) you can make anybody a good hitter like you said.
This is it exactly. If we wanted things cut-throat, we'd do timing and I'd go 3-3 with my pitcher who has 6 contact.

For the sake of realism, and for the sake of building a proper ball club, timing will help the league.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:49 AM   #155
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedjohnson
Interesting, never thought about those settings. My preference is timing and that pulse thing like another guy said. Guess I'll have to adjust
Jabs, the thing with the pulse is that it is easy to make a bad pitcher good, and when you miss it's too unforgiving. Classic, you aim and your pitcher does what he should do based on his ratings. Sometimes that's good, and sometimes that's bad. When I think of classic, I think of a 3-2 count, and sometimes I aim for a corner (but not too crazy) and the pitcher will just completely throw a ball. Frustratingly realistic!

You still have control of the situation, but it's not as precise as some of the more arcadey settings tend to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2014, 08:50 AM   #156
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
what was your difficulty setting and what is your lineup like all 99's??
My team is good, but I got 3 hits with my pitcher lol. I had it on All-Star. It was just one of those games...3 run HR, grand slam, and my pitcher was on.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:56 AM   #157
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Just to be clear, I'm not opposed to zone. I agree with those who say it gives a good mono-y-mono feel to each game, and it DOES still take into account the ratings of the players.

We'll find out more tomorrow; hell, we might not even have a choice! Either way, we'll find what works best and go with it.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:27 AM   #158
Rookie

PovertyStricken's Arena

OVR: 0

Back from my weekend vacation (trying to get them out of the way before the game drops). I like the idea of timing to help equalize the league, but if that isn't an option we will all be in the same boat with whichever option we choose. I actually enjoy zone hitting, but when I'm feeling lazy I'll switch to timing.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #159
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PovertyStricken
Back from my weekend vacation (trying to get them out of the way before the game drops). I like the idea of timing to help equalize the league, but if that isn't an option we will all be in the same boat with whichever option we choose. I actually enjoy zone hitting, but when I'm feeling lazy I'll switch to timing.
I enjoy zone too, but it can be very cut-throat. Then again, this league and its players will play differently compared to DD because not every team will be 99 overall. Far from it, and hopefully that balances things out as DD can turn into a HR derby quick.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:42 AM   #160
Rookie

AJenius06's Arena

OVR: 0

Just my two cents...fficeffice" />>>

Why not have an open invite to 30 players who at least seem seriousabout this league, then run through the Spring Training portion of theschedule... I think that'd give us a chance to test out some of the timing vs.zone arguments as well as weed out the not so serious players.>>

I think this league is a great idea; running slowly but yet at a steadypace.. and with the maximum amount of people, this could be one of the bestonline franchises ever created. Team Managers getting fired, other users takingtheir helm... Ok I'm getting ahead of myself, but I think Spring Training wouldgive us a good opportunity to learn how we (you) can run this thing.>>

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online »