Home

List of Classic Seasons & Historic Specialty Rosters:

This is a discussion on List of Classic Seasons & Historic Specialty Rosters: within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 04:10 PM   #817
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: List of Classic Seasons & Historic Specialty Rosters:

Why in the world would that be?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 01-02-2017, 12:26 PM   #818
Rookie

lil_bomber_713's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know. It wasn't like that in last year's game. All the names were correct. I sent SDS an email about it, and they told me:

As stated earlier, naming a created player after a legend will have no bearing on what number he is allowed to wear in Franchise mode. Unfortunately our game does not have the logic to track every single retired player and their number that ever played the game, so naming a created player after a legend will not be recognized and allow them to wear a retired number.

Hank Aaron is another one I forgot. You have to change his name to Henry for him to wear #44 for the Braves.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #819
MVP

Lots more retro players and stadiums coming in MLB17. Looks like another year of importing in some of these great rosters from years past, with all the new additional content.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 01-17-2017, 08:56 PM   #820
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

Adding a few teams to my existing roster sets. Just uploaded Classic Teams v 3.2. More to come. Check my thread for details.

For classic sports highlights and livestream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75

Last edited by bostongahden; 01-18-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:23 PM   #821
MVP

Thanks for the latest updates Cropper
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2017, 08:49 PM   #822
Rookie

OVR: 7

I've read through this entire thread, and you guys have done some incredible things with these rosters. Can't say enough about how these extend the life of the game. My question is this: Do I need to save all these historical rosters on a USB now so I can use them in MLB 17 when it comes out? Does it work like that? TIA
Old 01-29-2017, 08:37 AM   #823
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiser66
I've read through this entire thread, and you guys have done some incredible things with these rosters. Can't say enough about how these extend the life of the game. My question is this: Do I need to save all these historical rosters on a USB now so I can use them in MLB 17 when it comes out? Does it work like that? TIA

This is what you need to do.

DL all the rosters you want.

Create a “Master” season mode file for every roster you want to carry to The Show 17 by doing the following.

So say for example you want to use 1990.

Create a season mode file employing 30 team control/cpu roster control “on" (no injuries).

Save it and name it 1990 Master

DO this for every roster you want to carry forward. Keep in mind The Show 16 limits us to a max 6 save files for rosters, franchise and season mode. So after you create 6 files....save them to your USB then delete them from your HDD on your PS4

Then repeat the process for the next 6 rosters you want to carry forward.

There is no roster carry forward feature. Only franchise/season/RTTS files can be saved Y2Y.

All these rosters except the 1987 90 man and Phil Parents 1994 can only be used in season mode with CPU roster control turned on. You can’t play these with injuries as there are not enough players to fill rosters for injured players. All of these are basically 25 man rosters meant to be used in a single season replay.

With master files for all your rosters you can use them again and again and again. Make sure you never overwrite your master save file once you start a season. Use a separate save slot.

Speaking of MLB The Show 17 and retro rosters.......in celebration of the games impending release and the new “Retro Mode” I am going to playing a ton of different classic rosters almost daily and streaming a ton of those games. Look out for:

OS All Time Roster
All Time Great V 1.0
1965 TBTC
1975 TBTC
TBTC 1985

Various teams will be used as we get our hype level to 11 for MLB The Show 17. We can talk about the upcoming game, the era’s we are playing in on the stream, baseball memories, new features we hope to see, gameplay improvements etc.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-29-2017, 09:39 AM   #824
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
This is what you need to do.

DL all the rosters you want.

Create a “Master” season mode file for every roster you want to carry to The Show 17 by doing the following.

So say for example you want to use 1990.

Create a season mode file employing 30 team control/cpu roster control “on" (no injuries).

Save it and name it 1990 Master

DO this for every roster you want to carry forward. Keep in mind The Show 16 limits us to a max 6 save files for rosters, franchise and season mode. So after you create 6 files....save them to your USB then delete them from your HDD on your PS4

Then repeat the process for the next 6 rosters you want to carry forward.

There is no roster carry forward feature. Only franchise/season/RTTS files can be saved Y2Y.

All these rosters except the 1987 90 man and Phil Parents 1994 can only be used in season mode with CPU roster control turned on. You can’t play these with injuries as there are not enough players to fill rosters for injured players. All of these are basically 25 man rosters meant to be used in a single season replay.

With master files for all your rosters you can use them again and again and again. Make sure you never overwrite your master save file once you start a season. Use a separate save slot.

Speaking of MLB The Show 17 and retro rosters.......in celebration of the games impending release and the new “Retro Mode” I am going to playing a ton of different classic rosters almost daily and streaming a ton of those games. Look out for:

OS All Time Roster
All Time Great V 1.0
1965 TBTC
1975 TBTC
TBTC 1985

Various teams will be used as we get our hype level to 11 for MLB The Show 17. We can talk about the upcoming game, the era’s we are playing in on the stream, baseball memories, new features we hope to see, gameplay improvements etc.
Thanks! Great to know I can preserve these going into next year's game. I wish I had done this the past few years

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »