Home

True Contact Rating formula

This is a discussion on True Contact Rating formula within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2014, 10:59 AM   #9
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: True Contact Rating formula

What seems to be missed is that there is a difference between true talent and results. For instance, Joey Votto hits a lot of line drives resulting in higher batting averages. But, sometimes, those line drives are going to find gloves resulting in career years and down years. So, his true talent level might be something like hitting .300 but some years he'll hit .330 and other .270. I think the game engine does a tremendous job at making this happen.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #10
MVP

ilstu24's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
What seems to be missed is that there is a difference between true talent and results. For instance, Joey Votto hits a lot of line drives resulting in higher batting averages. But, sometimes, those line drives are going to find gloves resulting in career years and down years. So, his true talent level might be something like hitting .300 but some years he'll hit .330 and other .270. I think the game engine does a tremendous job at making this happen.

I think you're giving the game WAY too much credit. I personally think it is 100% random.

PSN: Onebase24
Follow me on Twitter: @mdthomp24
Old 08-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #11
Rookie

mAiLmAn 502's Arena

OVR: 6

Yea popups are hit way too much, ur example for votto is great the vuy literally pops up less than 1percent of his abs. Lol it drives me nuts, but I dont believe there is anything in the hitting ratings to help this. Mizzou would know
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #12
Rookie

mAiLmAn 502's Arena

OVR: 6

A guy like votto is around 99cnrt and 88 cnlft, but those ratings dont help the type of batted balls really, thats the user control and randomness.this scale just keeps user averages about right
Old 08-20-2014, 08:43 AM   #13
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilstu24
I think you're giving the game WAY too much credit. I personally think it is 100% random.
I know that it can feel that way!

I'll give another example though, Ruben Tejada hits an above average amount of line drives and it doesn't seem to help him!

Seriously, though, all the contact rating does is affect the quality of the contact which in theory means more line drives and squared up balls. I think that the scale is correct, though. If that matters, it is just an opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »