Home

The JT Roster Builder Utility (beta) - Download Link Included

This is a discussion on The JT Roster Builder Utility (beta) - Download Link Included within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2015, 11:14 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The JT Roster Builder Utility (beta) - Download Link Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
JTommy67,

I continue to Marvel with you creation!

Question(s):

It appears to me that you go forward from a specified Roster Year about 8 years into the future to build each organization. Which leads me to believe if I would create every player at each level the RBU generates in a given Roster Set then I could likely have a very realistic Franchise with true historic players for around 5-8 years or so.

So let's say, if I create a 1960 Complete Roster from your RBU then I can carry on a Franchise practically through the entire '60s decade expecting to have true players from that era participating throughout that Franchise scenario. At minimum I would speculate a really good Franchise for at least the 1st half of that decade.

If this is true then what Calculation Type would be best to use, in your opinion, to create the initial 1960 season? I would guess it would be Career for each category.

Next question, which is due to my unfamiliarity with how the Draft in this game works, is what type of players would then be in the Drafts each ongoing year. I would assume this would not change and also assume that all players in the Drafts during Franchise play are fictitious generated players?

Man Ain't this RBU SOMETHING !!!

Thanks,
Don
The generated players that will come in each year will have ratings according to the 2014 scale. You'll need to edit the drafted players at the start of the next season, replacing them with a new batch based on the method below:

Let's say you begin with 1960, which includes rookies from the next eight years as minor league players (up through 1968). Now 1960 is finished and you proceed to 1961. You can then run the rookies as minor leaguers for 1969 only. You don't need to run step 1 to do this. The result will be a list of rookies that, once you've advanced into the offseason, you can use to edit the drafted players on each team. You might not have enough room for all of them, though, so you might look individually at the players to see who you would want to discard, or you can keep a list (just copy and paste the rookies in the export list to another excel worksheet) and perhaps some can be included in the next season. As you create them in your franchise (overwriting the game's generated rookies), you could delete them out of the list.

I would do this based on whatever settings you used for the initial 1960 rosters. If you do this each season, the rosters will remain mostly accurate. However:

Keep in mind that the game may not retire players that actually retired, might retire players early, and once in awhile there are players that drop out for a couple of seasons due to being in the minors. Though time consuming, you may want to run 1961 in the RBU and cross-reference each team in your roster with the list to see if anybody new comes up that is not actually a rookie. There won't be many of them, but sometimes there may be players you don't want to miss.

(For example, if you started around 1988 or 89, you could potentially miss Bo Jackson. If the initial roster is made for the year he was out of baseball, you won't have him, and he won't show up as a rookie the next time he appears in a list.)

If this is unclear, let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2015, 01:36 AM   #26
MVP

Thanks for such a very detailed and clear response.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:20 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 5

This is great to have and hopefully we can establish a scale like this as an O.S. staple for ratings. You have no idea how many people I would have ran over to get to one of these when I did the ratings for the 1987 Full 90 man set. This is killer.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:50 AM   #28
Pro

Just a quick update on where I'm at right now:

I have a list of minor fixes that I was hoping to get taken care of this week, but I'm in the middle of moving and so am likely to be scarce in the near future, and so the fixes will be delayed. I'll try to get on here when I can to answer questions, though. But if I seem to have vanished it's because I will probably lose internet for a stretch of time.

Cheers
Old 02-14-2015, 04:39 PM   #29
Pro

Just uploaded a new version with some fixes and a few things added:

* Reordered attributes to match those found in game edit screen.
* Corrected a problem with career ratings scaling
* Added a "Reset all settings to default" command button.
* Fixed a problem that was causing overall ratings for pitchers to be calculated incorrectly.
* Added a Stamina adjustment for pitchers on the Ratings page (scroll right for the option which will be on by default). This ensures that stamina ratings will be adjusted based on whether a player is a SP, RP, or CP. This has more effect as the roster year goes further back in history. Since higher stamina ratings adversely affect batting averages, this will help correct a potential problem caused by much higher stamina ratings for time periods where pitchers threw far more innings.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:41 PM   #30
Rookie

ohdannyboy12's Arena

First this looks like it is going to be amazing. I have been working on my own ratings system for a All time Franchise league so I am curious to see what this looks like. Looks like you spent a lot of time on this, and appreciate you sharing.

I say looks like because I cannot get the macros to run. I admit to being fairly new to macros, but usually can ifgure out excel problems easily with the help of a google search or 2. However I am stuck here. I have all the macro settings allowing them to run and ActiveX opened. The problem arises that the files open as Read-Only. They are save as macro-enabled in the folder (and I have not changed the file paths). I have excel 2007 and VBA is installed. When I try and save a copy of the file I get a message saying I don't have permission to save in this location...However I am the administrator (and only user) on the computer. Any one able to help me out??

I know this is more of an excel issue than your file, but I am eager to see the work (it seems excellent and well thought out) you have done and been blocked. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:20 PM   #31
Just started!

Fantastic tool! I have figured out how to build as roster I want to use on PS4 MLB14...um...how do i get it from my laptop to the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2015, 10:32 AM   #32
Pro

What version of windows are you running? This sounds like it may be a file permissions setting that needs to be adjusted.

Can you describe what happens when you attempt to run a macro? If there is a specific error message, go ahead and post here so I can see.

Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »