Home

OSFM 2015 Prospect Ratings

This is a discussion on OSFM 2015 Prospect Ratings within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2015, 10:16 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OSFM 2015 Prospect Ratings

Question are the highbrid rosters going to have an opening day set or is it going to be rosters that are current?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 10:22 PM   #26
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola2728
Question are the highbrid rosters going to have an opening day set or is it going to be rosters that are current?
The goal is to release only one version of the Hybrid this year and we are leaning toward it being an OD set. Probably won't be ready until fairly deep into May I'd guess. I think an April release is quite optimistic considering all that's left to do and we don't even get our hands on the game for another 3.5 weeks.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:22 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxaalex
Just curious if your are asking the roster creators to create full AAA squads and 90% of AA this year.Will you ask roster creators of each teams to just include Top 20 prospects .And not to include international prospect that are not in their teams top 20 prospect list.I know single A players are mostly fillers and injury players.But is their been a priority for a example . A prospect like daniel norris who begin his 2014 milb season a level below AA.But who Ascend in the 2014 milb season to the majors.Basically prospects who a level below AA that have been promoted to AA .To replace a filler or top 20 prospect who was in AA that got promoted to AAA or the mlb.Their were two teams the Blue jays,astros that i recall that had this cover.
Would this be taking into consideration.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:34 AM   #28
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Just curious if your are asking the roster creators to create full AAA squads and 90% of AA this year.Will you ask roster creators of each teams to just include Top 20 prospects .And not to include international prospect that are not in their teams top 20 prospect list.I know single A players are mostly fillers and injury players.But is their been a priority for a example . A prospect like daniel norris who begin his 2014 milb season a level below AA.But who Ascend in the 2014 milb season to the majors.Basically prospects who a level below AA that have been promoted to AA .To replace a filler or top 20 prospect who was in AA that got promoted to AAA or the mlb.Their were two teams the Blue jays,astros that i recall that had this cover.
Quote:
Would this be taking into consideration.
I am not confident at all that I understand what you're actually asking here, but let me take a stab at it...

Exactly which prospects are included is going to be up to the guys doing the work on their OSFM teams. I'm sure they are considering striking a balance between adding in quality young prospects and having some sort of accuracy at the AA and AAA levels. Realistically, AAA and AA levels will probably not be 100% accurate because there are too many interesting prospects at the A+, A, and rookie levels to use 55-60 of the 65 minor league roster spots just on journeymen and depth players that have made it to the high minors. I think most people would be happy with ~80% accurate high minors if all the stud lower prospects can fit in as well.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:45 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
I'm a big proponent of 90-95% accurate AAA and AA and I think that is reflected in our hybrid releases so you can expect much of the same.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:49 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola2728
Very likely there will be just one release and it will be an opening day set. We've never done an opening day set before and it will add a wrinkle that will make this different for us involved. Keeping up with transactions/lineups/etc. can be soul-crushing and exhaustingly time consuming.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:30 PM   #31
Pro

Ivanhoe's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeds
I'm a big proponent of 90-95% accurate AAA and AA and I think that is reflected in our hybrid releases so you can expect much of the same.
I've tried to stock the minors in a similar way:
AAA=100%
AA= 90%
A= Injured players, High A players and I usually insert 1 or 2 highly regarded 19 yr old players.

Just an FYI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 06:57 PM   #32
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanhoe
I've tried to stock the minors in a similar way:
AAA=100%
AA= 90%
A= Injured players, High A players and I usually insert 1 or 2 highly regarded 19 yr old players.

Just an FYI.
That looks pretty good, I feel, personally, that every team should be limited to 15 single A players, no more, no less, that way a team with more injuries than another isn't penalized for it. Typically, AAA and AA filler types are released as opposed to being sent down when there's no room left on the roster for them. If it were done this way you're left with 25, 25 and 15, regardless of injury situations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »