Home

Fictional Rosters: MLB 2015 The Show

This is a discussion on Fictional Rosters: MLB 2015 The Show within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2015, 12:22 PM   #105
Rookie

dpc134's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fictional Rosters: MLB 2015 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by cts50
Ok, drafted my team and Opening Day is fast approaching...

CF Michael Gates (20 y/o, 77 ovr, B, 94 speed, 99 BR Agg)
SS Rick Young (24 y/o, 84 ovr, A, 75 contact, 88 Field)
LF Cam Crosby (22 y/o, 86 ovr, A, 85 contact, 65 power, 60 speed)
1B Nick McKnight (35 y/o, 76 ovr, 85 power, 98 disc, 6'7'' height, 275 pounds)
DH Francis Hernandez (20 y/o, 82 ovr, A, 75 contact, 77 vision)
3B Brennan Roberts (25 y/o, 88 ovr, B, 76 contact vs LHP, 78 vision, 93/96/90/99 across the fielding stats)
RF Chris Duffy (23 y/o, 73 ovr, B, 75 power, 91 disc)
C Travis Dunnam (37 y/o, 68/75 contact, 91 disc)
2B Andy Harp (22 y/o, 77 ovr, A, solid all around. No standout skill)

Pitching....

Jacob Dennis, 23, 82 ovr, A potential, LHP
Dylan Sumnicht, 26, 81 ovr, B, RHP
Andy Carlson, 24, 79 ovr, B, RHP
Mike Frederiksen, 24, 78 ovr, B, RHP
Chris Guevara, 24, 78 ovr, B, RHP
Alvaro Furillo, 24, 77 ovr, B, LHP

David Casey
Danny Berman
Jacob Klement
Salvador Reyes
Richie Combs
Keith Wyrick

Very fun roster. I havent decided if I will use this team for a franchise, or if I will play with the default Cubs team. Gates, Young, Crosby, Hernandez, Roberts, and Duffy would be fun to play with, and it is a young team with upside and a lot of financial flexibility....

But I am a Cubs fan and Terrence Tankersley is a freaking monster. I played 4-5 games with him, Rex Carter, Maldonado, Angeles, and the rest of that Cubs team and they are great.

I must admit, I can get addicted to a franchise with fictional players much faster than a franchise with the real players. There is just something cool about playing in your own little fantasy world. The real teams are great, but the results always feel scripted. Like, I know who is supposed to win. With a roster like this, it is truly a whole new experience.

I very much appreciate all the hard work that I know went into these rosters. They are a thing of beauty.
Pretty good roster you have! I am using the Phillies using fantasy draft and also drafted Crosby, Gates, and Francis Hernandez. Good group of young talent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2015, 01:52 AM   #106
Rookie

creator2700's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett59
Looks good so far but I don't really like how you have re used player faces from other sets with slight variations (if any) a la Matt Williams, Pedro Martinez, Roy Halladay. This was also a brief skim where I noticed these faces which was dissapointing. Also may think it was an error but Marco Gonzalez of the Cardinals is in this roster.
To each their own. I, personally, like to think of these players as "easter eggs" in a sense. If you don't like them, edit away, my friend!

But be warned... You have MANY more to find

PS: I don't know who Matt Williams is so that must have been another person's contribution, though I take full credit for Holliday and Martinez. (and Yount, and Brooks Robinson, and Manny Ramirez.......)

*Wishing for transparency from game devs since 2017*
Old 06-13-2015, 08:03 AM   #107
Rookie

htskr21's Arena

I agree with you. Guys can edit whatever they want. Thanks for the great roster and the time that went into it.

P.S. You don't know who Matt Williams is???!!!???
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_W...(third_baseman)
Old 06-14-2015, 12:52 PM   #108
Rookie

justmunc's Arena

I've been slowly but surely editing these rosters to my liking (equipment, skill sliders, contracts), and I must say it's a long task.

What I'm currently trying to do is lower the potential on a lot of players to limit the inflation of overall skill over the course of a few years.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:23 PM   #109
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmunc
I've been slowly but surely editing these rosters to my liking (equipment, skill sliders, contracts), and I must say it's a long task.

What I'm currently trying to do is lower the potential on a lot of players to limit the inflation of overall skill over the course of a few years.
What have you been doing and what team are you on?

I would love to split this project with you so both of us could get it done quicker.

Even if we didnt like every little detail about the equipment we choose, that could be changed on our own rosters after the fact.

I am editing NL Central teams, and judging by your avatar, you probably have interest in the AL West.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:37 PM   #110
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by creator2700
PS: I don't know who Matt Williams is
Quote:
Originally Posted by htskr21
P.S. You don't know who Matt Williams is???!!!???
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_W...(third_baseman)
Matt Williams is a 1st Ballot Hall of Very Good Player:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...illima04.shtml

I'm not sure how it's possible for a serious baseball fan to not know who he is unless you are very young! He was a longtime Giant and was leading the NL in homers in the strike shortened year in 1994 and he also played a role on some of those early D'Backs teams. One of the better 3rd basemen of the 80s/90s/early aughts.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:19 PM   #111
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by creator2700
To each their own. I, personally, like to think of these players as "easter eggs" in a sense. If you don't like them, edit away, my friend!

But be warned... You have MANY more to find

PS: I don't know who Matt Williams is so that must have been another person's contribution, though I take full credit for Holliday and Martinez. (and Yount, and Brooks Robinson, and Manny Ramirez.......)
I think it's unfair for you to take other people's creations and edit them. That is all they worked hard on those faces and should be credited for doing so
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 04:11 PM   #112
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett59
I think it's unfair for you to take other people's creations and edit them. That is all they worked hard on those faces and should be credited for doing so
I think its unfair for you to critize when you dont know what the situation is. All players faces that were used was asked for before being used. They are either from the OSFM, which we asked, justmunc fictional roster, which was asked, SCEA edits which..we can do what we want or original creations. As stated..dont like..dont use it but dont accuse people or use your moral judgement on something you didnt contribute to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »