Home

Picards OSFM40man Hybrid

This is a discussion on Picards OSFM40man Hybrid within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2015, 08:06 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Picards OSFM40man Hybrid

If you want to stop the Cabrera dominance i suggest tweaking his hit and power stats.

I cant see league leaders after post season but heres some cool stats

David Wright had in comparison to 2014 4 less ABs, 2 less hits, 6 more homeruns 2 more RBIs and batted 2 points lower in 2015

starsburg started at 89 and ended the year at a 94. 2 less wins, same amount of losses, 5 less Ks an era .01 higher. wow.

Giancarlo only hit 27 jacks in spite of his immense power.

Freeman was awful. missed some time but only hit 10 homers and batted .245 in 500 ABs
Wish i could see steals for altuve, Springer hit 25 homers but batted .207
Fielder hit 260 with 23 homers
Cano hit 25 HR with .292 avg (nelson cruz declined to an 84 from 88)
Sonny gray had a 11-14 record with a 4.48 era
Pujols hit .250 with 27 homers
Dozier hit 23 homers just like he did in 14 but with a .250 avg instead of .242
hosmer hit 16 dingers with a .274 avg
kluber finished with 18-6 record and a 3.10 era
Jose abreu duplicated his homers from 2014 (35) but only hit 256
Longoria hit 38 homers and .300 thats awfully high for him
justin upton hit for avg like his name was BJ but finished with 28 homers
my jose bautista and adam jones edits produced same homers from the year before with lower avgs... i didnt make their hitting or vision worse though
Puig hit 23 homers and 295... i edited his arm strength and speed, not his hitting.
Soler hit 282 with 16 homers and broke his leg, rizzo hit 264 with 26.
Votto hit 327 with 30 homers, frazier hit 25 .275. Billy hamilton only hit .229
Pedro alvarez hit .199 with 26 homeruns. gregory polanco hit 270 with 16. Geritt cole went 3-10 with a 3.40 era.

That was exhausting. I have no problem with anything but Longorias homer total, miggys awesomeness, and the astros winning ways just to spite me

Last edited by Picards__flute; 04-16-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:08 PM   #10
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

OK.....I just have to give you a 'thumbs up' for your awesome handle!!
Old 04-16-2015, 08:11 PM   #11
Rookie

Good stuff dude
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2015, 08:20 PM   #12
Rookie

Haha thanks

As for prospects, Miguel Sano made it to the bigs but buxton didnt. Tyrell jenkins got a late call up. Syndergaard didnt come up... Montero had a cup of coffee but he was already on the 40 man. Jameson Taillon started at least 5 games. Urias came up in september. Gallo didnt. Bryant didnt but i was in control of the cubs and didnt do trades or anything. bundy came up but also a 40 man guy. Norris and Osuna had short seasons in the bigs. Rodon got called up but they also traded Sale. Lindor and Correa never came up. No on Giolito.

I feel like the comp has to make a trade before bringing a guy up off the 40 man. but if you add a guy like buxton, hell be up opening day. Im gonna sim the offseason and see what the twins do.

Update: Buxton, Syndergaard, Gallo, and a ton of guys stuck in AA have been added by the computer to 40 man rosters for 2016 and many made the opening day roster. Lucas Giolito, Hunter Harvey, Kyle Crick, Lindor and Correa did not. I cannot explain Lindor but all the others have a lot of starters in front of them. You may want to just add them to the 40 mans. The only one of those 5 who the computer will for sure start opening day is Lindor. The rest will probably stay in the minors due to their ratings. Of the five, im most likely going to do it for Giolito. If you add the shortstops i suggest lowering them to 65-70 overall.

Hope that helps

10:40 PM UPDATE: Id go ahead and just add Kris Bryant to 40 man roster since he's up. I controlled the cubs so im not sure exactly how long he'd be stuck in the minors otherwise but it could be a while if you add him.

Lastly for today, if you dont control the cards or cubs, id recommend lowering Stephen Piscotty from 72 to 70 or raising Randall Grichuk from 71 to 73. it might not matter since i dont think piscotty is on the 40 man but id do it to be safe. Also grichuks probably better than him anyway. The same goes for CJ edwards and Tsuyoshi wada. Make wada better either by lowering edwards or raising wade a point. Wada was decent last year.

I will upload a fourth edition if necessary. those are pretty easy fixes.

Last edited by Picards__flute; 04-16-2015 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:30 AM   #13
Rookie

I did some work on the Diamondbacks before bed. Was waiting to see if Enciarte took the job from Peralta. Also need to check on daniel hudson, randal delgado chafrin... Im sure duffy on the giants could use a small boost to make the team.

Went through every Pen and rotation and found a few players to edit/add to 40 mans. got that all fixed up. Added KB to the cubs 40 man, lowered piscotty and cj edwards like i said i would. moved giolito to AA because it is probably his only chance of making it to the bigs in a reasonable time.

Flipped Miguel cabreras power ratings. I dont know why so many players have lower ratings against opposite handed pitchers. I figure miggy will see more righties so this could knock off a few of his homers. tweeked a few other ratings based on my sim season.

ANOTHER AWESOME SET. guess ill upload and go to sleep. the file is under Picards Flute. Il name it Picards 4th OSFM

Last edited by Picards__flute; 04-17-2015 at 02:40 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:17 AM   #14
Pro

So, there is a fourth version out? Now, I have questions on Bryant. Why hasn't he been called up to the bigs, yet? You said you were controlling the Cubs. So, what are his ratings? I am at work and cant check. I don't get a ton of time to play, so I am looking for a roster like this to get started, but I was just wondering about Bryant.....and what did you do with CJ Edwards? Did you make him a reliever?
Old 04-17-2015, 10:54 AM   #15
Rookie

Yes the fourth version is there. I simmed through a full season but i had control over cubs and cardinals. I didnt really get a great look as to how those 2 teams will make roster moves when controlled by AI. But if a guy like bryant doesnt start the season on the 40 man theres a good chance he wont be up before june/july. So hes been added.

Cj edwards was a bit overrated when i looked at him so i lowered him a couple overall points. Hes still a starter but he wont be first in line to get called up if theres a trade or injury (in a season in which the computer controls the cubs). Tsuyoshi wada is rated slightly above him now rather than equal to him.

Bryant is an 80 overall with 84 power vs lefties to start the season. I think his power vs righties is 79 (give or take a point). By the end of the season he will progress at least 5 points on both power categories. I also changed his stance to a more accurate one in this version.

UPDATE: You will have to change his number from 19 to 17. If you want to weigh today's game I'd lower a few of his hitting stats, vision/plate discipline... thats just 3 ABs though. Daniel Corcino is now a dodger. Ill move him over on my rosters but im gonna hold of on another upload for a little while.

I might sim another season after the cubs game to see if the Royals Dodgers and Pirates can bounce back, or if the Stros in Indians can duplicate their success. And Id like to know if my Miggy power swap can prevent him from winning another triple crown. Stay tuned...

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Picards__flute; 04-17-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2015, 06:06 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picards__flute
Miggy finished with an mvp 50 homers .360 he should be lowered if you have a problem with it but again i think thats a product of the video game not factoring fatigue and nagging injuries properly. Goldschmidt won NL mvp with 45 homers and a .316 avg

Kershaw and salaazar won cy young. They award too much for wins in cy young votes in the game. His era was 3.24.

Archie bradley and rusney won rookie of year.

Standings:
Sox, rays orioles yankees bluejays
Indians tigers (WC) white sox, royals twins
Astros won the division lol Mariners beat out the angels for the last wildcard. Thats just absurd. I refuse to take the blame and doubt i see that happen again.... EVER!

Nats Marlins (WC) mets phillies braves. Phillies traded for Braun and finished 80-82 so that explains their surprising record.
Cards, reds, brewers and cubs tied for 79-83, pirates brought up the rear. They traded McCutchen! no wonder.
Giants, Padres (WC) dodgers (trailed SD by 2 games for wc berth) dbacks rockies. By the end of the season the rockies roster was ranked in the top 5.

For the rockies, Royals and pirates, i believe their teams were doomed by mediocre rotations, then again that didnt stop the Astounding Astros.

Detroit eliminated seattle, Miami beat SD in wildcard games
Giants beat nats, cards beat Miami, Cleveland won in 5 vs DET, Boston in 5 over Houston.... Boston swept by cleveland (again they arent rated good), cards lose in 7 to giants.... Giants lose in 6 to the INDIANS! congrats to the city of cleveland.

A lot of the stats compared to previous seasons for jhonny peralta, carpenter, holiday, adams and yadi.. also nolan arenado.

Let me know whos stats you want me to look up.

In the 2nd test season standings were a bit different:
Mets Nats (wc) braves marlins phillies
Brewers Cubs (wc) Pirates (better season) cards reds
Dodgers Dbacks Padres Giants Rockies

Orioles Redsox (WC) yankees Rays BlueJays
ROYALS (how bout that bounce back) Tigers (WC) Indians twins W Sox
Astros again won their division A's Angels Mariners Rangers

Ryan Braun and Miggy won mvp and led the leagues in Homers and RBIs but neither won the triple crown due in spite of hitting .301 and .312 respectively. Miguel hit 10 less homers than in my first test. Longoria hit 26 homers this time instead of 39.

Kershaw and Tanaka take home Cy Youngs. Kris Bryant narrowly beat out Archie Bradley and Jorge Soler for Rookie of the Year, Angels 2b Taylor Featherman won in the AL

These were better stats with virtually the same rosters. I moved Corcino, Yepez and Arencipia to their correct teams in this set.

Playoff results: Baltimore survived game 5 in ALDS vs the Royals, then Swept Detroit, while the Cubs won the WC game, beat the dodgers in 5, brewers in 6.... AND WON THE WORLD SERIES thanks to a top of the 11th inning double by anthony rizzo. Congrats to the city of chicago.

Stats wise this was a superior season. Postseason was a lil crazy but hey, who had the royals going to the world series last year?

SIMMED A THIRD SEASON:

Rockies marlins orioles and bluejays won Wildcards. Redsox White Sox and Angels/Nats, Brewers Dodgers won their divisions... and the astros finished dead last in the AL. Cubs also sub 500.

Miggy did not win MVP: hit 283 with 29 homers and 92 rbis in the worst season i've ever seen from him on the show. MVP's Jose Abreu and Giancarlo led their leagues with 44 and 42 homers respectively. Kershaw and Scherzer (traded to seattle) won Cy Youngs. Soler and Featherston won rookie of the year.

Nationals swept the Angels to win the world series. Congrats to the district of columbia.

I'm now convinced these rosters will serve you all well. Enjoy the weekend. Start your franchises already!!!!!

Last edited by Picards__flute; 04-17-2015 at 06:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »