Home

Picards OSFM40man Hybrid

This is a discussion on Picards OSFM40man Hybrid within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2015, 03:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Picards OSFM40man Hybrid

Figured I'd stop taking away from other threads with my roster conversations

Update: On page 2 i posted the results of a full season using the 3rd edition of these rosters (the description of v3 in the vault is "with cubs extras"); stats, standings, awards, and prospect movements are included.

Here is a brief summary of how i optimized my rosters for accurate franchise play:

First time sharer, long time editor and talent evaluator. I decided to post my roster set this year so my friend could use them, but they seem popular enough for me to update on here. It took a few days and featured an accidental overwrite of a nearly completed file, but it is done.

The Roster set is designed for Franchise mode. I never control more than 1-2 teams so I have to make a roster set that I can trust the computer to manage. A lot of my work was done to bullpens and rotations to help make certain the computer wouldnt mess everything up once spring training ended. Example: Kevin Gregg and Jumbo Diaz were bumped up to low 70s in order to keep them on the roster.
The same thing was done for starting rotations and position players (ie Jose Ramirez and Chris Owings are rated higher than Aaron hill and mike aviles in my rosters) I also made some edits to players who i felt were unjustly rated or rated too high.
Also converted several players who were out of position. for example; Jason Werth to LF, swapped Granderson and Cuddyer to their correct positions, and moved around the Rays OF as well.

The set features an extensive edit of SCEA rosters. Heres a handful of examples of well known players who saw ratings boosts: Yordano Ventura, Brock Holt, Bluejays Castro, Familia, Votto, King Felix, Stanton, Soler, Yadi, G Polanco, Pujols, J. Upton, A. Simmons, Abreu, Kuechel. Again I edited every team extensively, not just big names.

I also did a few edits to OSFMs release. I went through the entire thread of V.1 Corrections and made fixes accordingly. I also tempered overconfident ratings for unproven prospects. Part of that is to slow their path to the majors for a more realistic experience.

Here are a few more examples: I lowered the Power for Gallo/Bryant, fixed the guys who were too young on the cardinals and a few other teams, and lowered some of the potentials in Cleveland and the overalls of Sano/Buxton (again for realism purposes). I also converted Robert Osuna (and a few others) from reliever to starter, thats what he (and they) will be eventually.

Anyway I hope you guys download it, its saved under my psn username Picards__Flute. I released 3 versions. the original has no missing prospects added. Version 2 has Braves and Rangers guys added and some tweaks to the ratings for guys around the league (a lot on the Padres) For Version 3 also added cubs prospects. (in that one you will see guys like Lucas Sims, Jake Thompson, Mauricio Cabrera, Kevonte Mitchell, Carson Sands... The only guys im still missing that i really wish were on my set are Trey Martin and DJ Davis).

My rosters are only as strong as the foundation provided by Mills who set the 40 mans, the extra prospect makers, and of course the OSFM creators (ridin and knight).

I am starting my franchise mode today with this set but please leave me feedback for any further corrections you want to see and I will accommodate you (with an explanation and time estimate).

Last edited by Picards__flute; 04-16-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2015, 03:43 PM   #2
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Picards OSFM40man Hybrid

What system did you use when re-rating SCEA players?
Old 04-16-2015, 04:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
What system did you use when re-rating SCEA players?

Hey,

So because I dont want to play 30 team control, I had to make sure guys who start in real life will "win the job" once the I advance beyond spring training. I mentioned i did that for Chris Owings, Kevin Gregg, and a few other guys yesterday. The best example is probably Jose Ramirez, he starts over aviles usually, but is rated worse than him. If i leave it alone, Aviles will get primary reps unless I control the indians. I updated a lot of ratings so guys who are in the majors but arent very good in the game will make the opening day roster (kevin pillar, tim beckham, juan jaime, randall grichuck).

As for edits I did to other players, I didnt use a spread sheet. The standard rosters always have confusing decisions (bryce harpers arm strength was like an 80, yadis defense wasnt out of this world, Nelson Cruz lacked legit power, King Felix wasnt the best pitcher). I fixed all the 99 speed ratings for pitchers.

I was most generous to older players. I dont think Jimmy Rollins and Chase Utley are 82-83 overall anymore but i realize they are going to age a lot in season, just like top prospects like Correa, Buxton and Bryant are going to progress well.

I'm sure OSFM's hybrid will be stellar but we should let those guys take their time. Im sure they're all a little burned out from the initial release. I personally have never used their hybrid because I by the time its released, if my franchise isnt started i probably wont ever really get into it (especially if my fav team is terrible that year). Im in college &without a job so i have plenty of free time to make edits if people think its needed.

Just an FYI Its hard to tell which roster is the 3rd edition until you click download on it where it will say v3 in the name of the file.

Last edited by Picards__flute; 04-16-2015 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Just started my franchise. The only error I spotted was C.J. Edwards. He is probably a 72 overall talent but for he should be lowered to a 69 or 70. Theres no way he will be called up before Tsuyoshi Wada sees action. Im controlling the cubs so its not that big of a deal for me personally.

Also I dont know how you guys feel about closers. If you want i could make an entire set with all closers listed as relievers.

Again just let me know what you want. Il check back a few more times before the days over. I have nothing going on
Old 04-16-2015, 06:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

So it's based solely on opinion then and no projections or actual mathematical type formulas? I'm curious, why call it hybrid? That name is used rather extensively around here...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2015, 07:19 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
So it's based solely on opinion then and no projections or actual mathematical type formulas? I'm curious, why call it hybrid? That name is used rather extensively around here...
Its a hybrid in the sense that its a mix of both OSFM's edits to minor leagues and my edits to players. A lot of it is subjective. Not everyone is going to agree on who is better between Kershaw and Felix. I think i remained neutral and fair but if you want to tweak a few players you should.

If you'd like i could sim a full season and post some results. One problem I anticipate is Miguel Cabrera wont go through cold spells or play through nagging injuries that will hinder his stats. The result is, he will likely flirt with triple crown. Thats more of a video game weakness than a roster problem. In reality if he played a full season with only fatigue to contend with, im sure he could do that, but thats usually not what happens.

By the way, my rosters do not feature up to date lineups. The computer will change them once the season starts anyway. For the Reds, Phillips and Bruce batted 7 and 8 all spring but once the season started they were moved to the top of the lineup.

Last edited by Picards__flute; 04-16-2015 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:33 PM   #7
Rookie

Simming a season:

At the allstar break WAINO KERSHAW AND GIO GONZ are leaders for cy young... having filthy seasons: Salazar, Kluber, Hernandez in the AL

As feared Miguel Cabrera is batting .358 with 26 homers, trout also .358 I didnt really edit either player much.

Goldshmidt who i did not touch, by comparison is hitting .346 with 27 homers

Division Standings:
Redsox only al east team above .500
Indians are ranked 19th best team but have best record in baseball 55-34, followed by sox, tigers, twins royals (royals are disappointing me!!!!)
22nd ranked Astros have a lead in the AL east but angels and mariners are right behind them. They better overtake the stros.
Nats Marlins seperated by 8 games, rest are all below .500
Cards, Cubs, Reds, Brewers, Pirates (buckos are beat up)
Dbacks Pads Dodgers Giants Rockies (all separated by 6 games)
Old 04-16-2015, 07:51 PM   #8
Rookie

Miggy finished with an mvp 50 homers .360 he should be lowered if you have a problem with it but again i think thats a product of the video game not factoring fatigue and nagging injuries properly. Goldschmidt won NL mvp with 45 homers and a .316 avg

Kershaw and salaazar won cy young. They award too much for wins in cy young votes in the game. His era was 3.24.

Archie bradley and rusney won rookie of year.

Standings:
Sox, rays orioles yankees bluejays
Indians tigers (WC) white sox, royals twins
Astros won the division lol Mariners beat out the angels for the last wildcard. Thats just absurd. I refuse to take the blame and doubt i see that happen again.... EVER!

Nats Marlins (WC) mets phillies braves. Phillies traded for Braun and finished 80-82 so that explains their surprising record.
Cards, reds, brewers and cubs tied for 79-83, pirates brought up the rear. They traded McCutchen! no wonder.
Giants, Padres (WC) dodgers (trailed SD by 2 games for wc berth) dbacks rockies. By the end of the season the rockies roster was ranked in the top 5.

For the rockies, Royals and pirates, i believe their teams were doomed by mediocre rotations, then again that didnt stop the Astounding Astros.

Detroit eliminated seattle, Miami beat SD in wildcard games
Giants beat nats, cards beat Miami, Cleveland won in 5 vs DET, Boston in 5 over Houston.... Boston swept by cleveland (again they arent rated good), cards lose in 7 to giants.... Giants lose in 6 to the INDIANS! congrats to the city of cleveland.

A lot of the stats compared to previous seasons for jhonny peralta, carpenter, holiday, adams and yadi.. also nolan arenado.

Let me know whos stats you want me to look up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »