Home

WILLARD's 2015 OSFM REVISION ROSTER (formally Hybrid). ETA - in the works

This is a discussion on WILLARD's 2015 OSFM REVISION ROSTER (formally Hybrid). ETA - in the works within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2015, 06:30 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: WILLARD's 2015 OSFM REVISION ROSTER (formally Hybrid). ETA - in the works

Will the pitch edits that are made be available, in a spreadsheet? I'm 15 games into my franchise (just spring training games)and would rather do the edits myself, as I don't wanna lose the stats that I have built up. However, if they are not provided it's not the end of the world, and I can just sim the spring games. Thanks much for all the hard work done though! Definitely is cool to see the community working together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2015, 06:44 PM   #42
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
I could input pitch edits for some teams. The teams I'm most familiar with are the Cubs, white sox, Indians, Tigers and reds so you can sign me up for at least those 5. After attempting to play the Cubs/pirates game on the show live today I remembered how vital the edits are as scea has Jake arrieta's repertoire completely screwed up. No sinker and a cutter instead of his filthy slider.
Do you make edits based on your own ideas of how guys pitch? With pitchfx we have easy access to the acual pitches and speeds, that's the best way to do it imo: http://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfx.asp...153&position=P

I don't get why SCEA rosters would have any pitchers with the wrong pitches/speeds to begin with when this data is widely available for every pitcher. That has no excuse.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:03 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteLordz
Will the pitch edits that are made be available, in a spreadsheet? I'm 15 games into my franchise (just spring training games)and would rather do the edits myself, as I don't wanna lose the stats that I have built up. However, if they are not provided it's not the end of the world, and I can just sim the spring games. Thanks much for all the hard work done though! Definitely is cool to see the community working together.
They will be on a spreadsheet. When Seanjeezy posts them, I'll link his spreadsheet here. Also, I'm import them into my own, editable spreadsheet so we can all work together on it. As for your edits, you're welcome to do it on your own, but if you ask me, 15 spring training games are replaceable for saving probably 20 hours of inputting pitches.

Sheet 1 will have the MLB edits, Sheet 2 usually has MiLB edits (if there are any), and we will organize on Sheet 3.

For example, I'd start it off. I'd claim the roster for 3 hours at 3PM, so no one has to worry about it for a while. When I'm exhausted from it, I mark down my PSN, what I named the roster, and what time I uploaded it. The next person will volunteer to work on it, and sign it out for 2 hours at 6:30PM, and get done what they can get done, and so on and so on. That way, when you look for it, you can organize by date added, and just look for the PSN or the name. It seems like the easiest way to do it after a couple minutes of brainstorming. If anyone has any ideas to do this any smoother, I'm all ears.

New York Yankees/New York Giants/New York Knicks
Old 04-20-2015, 07:04 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Do you make edits based on your own ideas of how guys pitch? With pitchfx we have easy access to the acual pitches and speeds, that's the best way to do it imo: http://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfx.asp...153&position=P

I don't get why SCEA rosters would have any pitchers with the wrong pitches/speeds to begin with when this data is widely available for every pitcher. That has no excuse.
We borrow from Seanjeezy's work. He takes all of his information from Brooks Baseball.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-thread.html

^There is the link to his thread about it, you can skim through it to see what he has to say about it.

New York Yankees/New York Giants/New York Knicks

Last edited by cultbuscus; 04-20-2015 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Added links
Old 04-20-2015, 08:29 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
I could input pitch edits for some teams. The teams I'm most familiar with are the Cubs, white sox, Indians, Tigers and reds so you can sign me up for at least those 5. After attempting to play the Cubs/pirates game on the show live today I remembered how vital the edits are as scea has Jake arrieta's repertoire completely screwed up. No sinker and a cutter instead of his filthy slider.
Dont worry about pitch names. Arrieta has a pretty good repertoire. The cutter and slider combo is a perfect representation of how Arrieta uses his "slutter". He throws it multiple ways and in different locations/speeds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2015, 08:36 PM   #46
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cts50
Dont worry about pitch names. Arrieta has a pretty good repertoire. The cutter and slider combo is a perfect representation of how Arrieta uses his "slutter". He throws it multiple ways and in different locations/speeds.
This is true but he has so many effective pitches that you can't give him both and the cutter in the show doesn't move enough to represent arrieta's "slutter". That and his sinker is a must. For him to only have a 4-seamer is terrible on scea's part.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:44 PM   #47
Banned

I really don't know much about how this stuff works and how edits are made and files are stored and all that.

However, if there is any grunt work that can be done or anything that is fairly simple using charts that is simply inputting data from a sheet so I don't screw anything up.....I would love to help with this project if there is anything I can do.

I loved this roster last year, so I would feel good about contributing in someway.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:32 PM   #48
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

I have a question for all the users - the update today was still not as good as we had hoped - would you prefer I move forward and use this roster as a base or wait for next week?

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »