Home

OSFM 2016: Chicago Cubs

This is a discussion on OSFM 2016: Chicago Cubs within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2016, 01:13 AM   #1
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Seems like Knight and co. are taking a different approach to OSFM this year by updating and importing the previous roster. I don't know if they will be taking input or created players from individual creators this year. As of now though I'm assuming there won't be much for me to do except enjoy the roster that gets put out. Maybe I am wrong and I should be staring at pictures right now from minor league games scattered around the net to get equipment details.

But we can still discuss what we want and think should go into the Cubs roster and I can always update OSFM to satiate Cubs fans specifically. Especially if there are prospects we want to see, but are not in the official OSFM release around launch. I'm very picky about equipment, stances and motions. Ratings not so much since the OSFM guys make changes and I typically use a roster that uses OSFM as a base and edits all the ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2016, 08:35 AM   #2
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: OSFM 2016: Chicago Cubs

We will still need a full list of players for each team

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 02-01-2016, 03:17 PM   #3
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
We will still need a full list of players for each team

Sure, that will be done. Any time frame you guys are looking for?
Old 02-01-2016, 04:05 PM   #4
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Sure, that will be done. Any time frame you guys are looking for?
ASAP would be ideal.
Old 02-04-2016, 01:16 PM   #5
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Cant wait huge Cubs fan. Love this roster every year. Even with all the big names called up Cubs still have a few bright spots in the system. IMO though none are worth an A potential.

I think Contreras should be a high B as with Torres. But I think Mckinney, Almora and Happ are all middle B's at this point. Almora just cant seem to find a bat and Happ its a little to early to say but I think its clear he is no Bryant or Schwarber. I actually like Mckinney more then Almora. I think he has a more refined and balanced skill set.

Either way looking forward to it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2016, 01:38 PM   #6
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Cant wait huge Cubs fan. Love this roster every year. Even with all the big names called up Cubs still have a few bright spots in the system. IMO though none are worth an A potential.

I think Contreras should be a high B as with Torres. But I think Mckinney, Almora and Happ are all middle B's at this point. Almora just cant seem to find a bat and Happ its a little to early to say but I think its clear he is no Bryant or Schwarber. I actually like Mckinney more then Almora. I think he has a more refined and balanced skill set.

Either way looking forward to it!
Almora has MLB ready defense right now. He should probably be mid 70's or higher for reaction and fielding to start out.

Hitting, you are right, his bat hasn't progressed as well as some thought it would. I think he projects out to be a step below, but similar tools to a guy like Mark Grace. Not a .300 hitter, maybe .275 w/above average plate discipline and vision. Long term I think he could hit 10-15 long balls a year. I'm thinking a potential in The Show around 78-82, a beginning rating in the low 60's, with defense being the highlight.

Also - Ian Happ is supposedly being converted to a 2nd baseman this season.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:34 PM   #7
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Happ is indeed playing 2B, but he should have corner OF as secondary.

The way the show rates CF Almora might get grade out higher than you'd think if he has peak 90s defense.

Contreras may not rate out that high since he is not an elite defender. If you want to see put in what you think a players potential ratings might be into a player at the correct position. That is basically their potential.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 02-04-2016 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:26 PM   #8
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11

MrOldBoy,

Would you like us to start putting together our "wish list" rosters as a base, or is it already handled?

Also, does anyone know if Carl Edwards Jr is going to get stretched out this spring and start in the minors, or if the organization has decided his best bet is to remain a reliever?

Can't wait to play, always releases a week or two before my birthday and has been a repeat gift to myself for years.

I also can't wait to play in renovated Wrigley Field. I thought last year's version was going to have all the changes.

Last edited by Figment; 02-04-2016 at 08:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »