Home

25-man vs. 40-man?

This is a discussion on 25-man vs. 40-man? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2016, 08:51 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 25-man vs. 40-man?

If you start with 25. When does the ai fill in the 40? After Spring or first season ?
Old 04-25-2016, 01:52 AM   #10
Banned

vizioN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbomberoloco
If you start with 25. When does the ai fill in the 40? After Spring or first season ?
I'm curious about this too.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:40 AM   #11
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad79
It will screw up not only the lineups but who makes the Opening Day 25-man rosters, as well. If you start a franchise using OSFM 40-man rosters, at the end of Spring Training even if you have all the lineups/rosters set up how you like, they won't "stick" because the CPU will change all teams' (included user teams) Opening Day, 25-man rosters so the best 25 players out of 40 make the team. As a domino effect, all the lineups will be affected unrealistically, as well IMO (Carlos Santana batted 9th for CLE when I tested mine).

For example, the Yankees. If you use a 40-man, when you begin the regular season Gary Sanchez and Rob Refsnyder will make your OD roster, while Romine and Ackley will begin in AAA. Even if assigned to AAA, when you "End Spring Training" the CPU will re-assign those players to MLB because they're rated lower than Sanchez/Refsnyder. It's fine if you don't mind having the best players, ratings-wise, making your team. But so many people want the real-life OD rosters so the only way to ensure that is to use the OSFM 25-man rosters, then add everyone to the 40-man after you begin the regular season (that's not required, however; I usually just add to 40-man roster as I go when calling someone up to the bigs).
Somewhat true, but you are off on the details.

CPU teams choose their best 25 out of the 40 (due to all 40 being in MLB for Spring Training). They will set a lineup and rotation themselves. around this.

For any user controlled teams: as long as you set your 25 man roster before Spring Training ends (meaning you send guys manually to AAA/AA) the CPU won't touch your MLB roster (including lineups and rotation).

The drawback of a 25 man roster is thst the CPU will not call anyone up from the Minors unless there is an injury. As soon as the CPU does this, it affects the CPU lineup anyway.

The only real way around this is 30 team user control. I personally don't use it (I love living in 'my own world' while playing my franchise, and keeping it separate from what happens in real life), but some want to keep everything close to what is happening in the real MLB. 30 team user control is the answer for them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 02:37 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium

CPU teams choose their best 25 out of the 40 (due to all 40 being in MLB for Spring Training). They will set a lineup and rotation themselves. around this.

For any user controlled teams: as long as you set your 25 man roster before Spring Training ends (meaning you send guys manually to AAA/AA) the CPU won't touch your MLB roster (including lineups and rotation).

The drawback of a 25 man roster is thst the CPU will not call anyone up from the Minors unless there is an injury. As soon as the CPU does this, it affects the CPU lineup anyway.
But this could allow for a young prospect to not be protected from the rule 5 draft ?

Do you know when the AI will "fill" the 40 man roster ?

Thanks
Old 04-25-2016, 02:41 PM   #13
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
But this could allow for a young prospect to not be protected from the rule 5 draft ?

Thanks
Not sure when they do it.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-25-2016, 02:43 PM   #14
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:

Thanks
I don't think the cpu will fill the 40 man until the next offseason. It will add players one at a time during the season when the MLB club has injuries though.

I love that 25 man rosters keep the lineups better, but the fact that SCEA puts injured players in the minors instead of a dedicated DL bucket messes it all up because they will never get out of the minors unless they are on the 40 man, or if the MLB club has enough injuries to promote them. Because of that, I use 40 man rosters and just deal with the goofy lineup issues (like I see Freddie Freeman set to lead off batter from time to time).

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 04-26-2016, 09:05 AM   #15
Pro

I'm pretty sure the CPU will add who it needs to its 40 man by the deadline in the offseason but u can always sim to that point to make sure....a extra 10 minutes wouldnt kill anyones day to make sure this happens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 09:17 AM   #16
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium

The only real way around this is 30 team user control. I personally don't use it (I love living in 'my own world' while playing my franchise, and keeping it separate from what happens in real life), but some want to keep everything close to what is happening in the real MLB. 30 team user control is the answer for them.

This! I am also a 40 man roster user. I would prefer to let the computer set their own lineups and rotations how they see fit based on the ratings of their team. I don't care if it is exactly accurate because I feel it is an "alternate universe" type of league once I start my franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »