Home

MBMavs Pitch Edits 2017

This is a discussion on MBMavs Pitch Edits 2017 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2017, 12:00 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MBMavs Pitch Edits 2017

looking for some edits on the padres younger guys. saw you mentioned updating lamet but i didn't notice his name on the spreadsheet from your OP. i'm curious more on guys like quantrill nix lauer maton morejon allen and espinoza. thanks
Old 06-18-2017, 12:55 AM   #58
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.mc107
looking for some edits on the padres younger guys. saw you mentioned updating lamet but i didn't notice his name on the spreadsheet from your OP. i'm curious more on guys like quantrill nix lauer maton morejon allen and espinoza. thanks
Pitch edits are only for guys who have pitched in the majors or in spring training/WBC. The younger guys you mention haven't been tracked by PITCHf/x yet (these systems are not in minor league parks). Actually, Phil Maton and Dinelson Lamet are the only ones on your list who have pages on Brooks Baseball, FYI.

For younger guys, you would just have to research/guestimate based on scouting reports. I wouldn't call that a "pitch edit" in the normal sense of the term though.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:38 PM   #59
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.mc107
If you look toward the bottom of the spreadsheet, you will see the second group of edits. These were the minor league pitchers and non-roster invitees. Lamet is listed in this group.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:56 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Pitch edits are only for guys who have pitched in the majors or in spring training/WBC. The younger guys you mention haven't been tracked by PITCHf/x yet (these systems are not in minor league parks). Actually, Phil Maton and Dinelson Lamet are the only ones on your list who have pages on Brooks Baseball, FYI.

For younger guys, you would just have to research/guestimate based on scouting reports. I wouldn't call that a "pitch edit" in the normal sense of the term though.
yeah wasn't exactly certain how to phrase it. i know all those guys are loaded up in the vault so i suppose that ought to be good enough. i just figured with some guys progressing through the year there might have been some updates to their pitching types and stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMavs20
If you look toward the bottom of the spreadsheet, you will see the second group of edits. These were the minor league pitchers and non-roster invitees. Lamet is listed in this group.
cool noticed it now. already went back and edited perdomo to the numbers you had and weick is on there too so that's a plus as well. appreciate it
Old 06-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 0

What I did was make an excel sheet with every single one of Mavs pitch edits and made them into separate sheets (RFB, Sweeping Curve, Sinker, etc) and made 10,000 samples of all the data. (Sounds hard but took 10 minutes)

And then for a minor league pitchers I do a randomly generated number between 1 -10,000. I go to the number and input the MPH, Control, Break to the player. For control I subtract -15,-10. -5 based on their minor league rankings and potential. This way in the minors they are learning how to pitch.

You can get a lot of minor league pitching repertoires off Baseball America or by searching their names. So I just input those for them and random generate and boom I have a minor league system with somewhat pitch edits. I also add a 4th pitch to some pitchers so they have to learn a new pitch while in minor leagues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2017, 02:55 PM   #62
Rookie

Here are a few more guys to edit! Sorry if i missed any guys that were already done, besides the few who have MLB data now that could be updated.

-Arcenio Leon DET
-Randy Rosario MIN
-Jacob Faria TB
-Sean Newcomb ATL (He is already in there but has much more data now since before was only from the futures game i think)
-Francis Martes HOU (has AFL data but jw if anything has changed in the MLB)
-Nik Turley MIN
-Josh Hader MIL (has updated MLB data)
-Edgar Santana PIT
-Jimmy Yacabonis BAL
-Domingo German NYY
-Daniel Gossett OAK
-Kyle Crick SFG (not sure if enough data for him)

Last edited by KKralle7277; 06-21-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:33 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKralle7277
Here are a few more guys to edit! Sorry if i missed any guys that were already done, besides the few who have MLB data now that could be updated.

-Arcenio Leon DET
-Randy Rosario MIN
-Jacob Faria TB
-Sean Newcomb ATL (He is already in there but has much more data now since before was only from the futures game i think)
-Francis Martes HOU (has AFL data but jw if anything has changed in the MLB)
-Nik Turley MIN
-Josh Hader MIL (has updated MLB data)
-Edgar Santana PIT
-Jimmy Yacabonis BAL
-Domingo German NYY
-Daniel Gossett OAK
-Kyle Crick SFG (not sure if enough data for him)
Also can i add Brad Peacock? seems to have changed his pitch mix and is striking everyone out. Read a fangraphs article about how his pitches have more movement this year so im sure his pitches movement/control would change some
Old 06-23-2017, 02:37 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 6

Glad to see someone take on pitch edits. Steve Cishek of the Mariners took on a fastball and i couldn't figure out how to add it in since the main roster updates don't include pitch edits.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »