Home

2017 OSFM Hybrid

This is a discussion on 2017 OSFM Hybrid within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2017, 10:05 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: 2017 OSFM Hybrid

Hey guys! Great to see this project is still alive and well. I used these rosters two years ago and they were outstanding.

Two questions:

1. If I remember correctly, there was an issue two years ago with drafted players coming in and the ratings being severely inflated compared to the hybrid roster due to the ratings re-writes. After a few years the drafted players were significantly higher due to being on a different ratings scale. Was there ever a solution to this?

2. Is there any chance that any of you will make a 25 Man roster without any injuries in A ball? So essentially an opening day roster with all teams at full strength.. That would be amazing. It may be a hassle, but I figured Id ask.

Thanks guys!!
Old 04-11-2017, 12:12 AM   #50
Rookie

evjo91's Arena

OVR: 0
Question Re: 2017 OSFM Hybrid

Hey, I've never used a Hybrid version before. What is the difference between Ridin's?
Old 04-11-2017, 02:12 AM   #51
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by evjo91
Hey, I've never used a Hybrid version before. What is the difference between Ridin's?

We go through and re-rate every player on the roster using our ratings calculator. It makes the game extremely realistic not only in-game, but in simulations. We also make Double-A roster more accurate (less 18-19 year olds on the roster, unless they're top prospects). We will feature full equipment edits, pitch edits, and updated faces (though this year's OSFM faces look great).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Hey guys! Great to see this project is still alive and well. I used these rosters two years ago and they were outstanding.

Two questions:

1. If I remember correctly, there was an issue two years ago with drafted players coming in and the ratings being severely inflated compared to the hybrid roster due to the ratings re-writes. After a few years the drafted players were significantly higher due to being on a different ratings scale. Was there ever a solution to this?

2. Is there any chance that any of you will make a 25 Man roster without any injuries in A ball? So essentially an opening day roster with all teams at full strength.. That would be amazing. It may be a hassle, but I figured Id ask.

Thanks guys!!

1. We're using a different ratings calculator this year. It will remove this issue from happening again. It's completely revamped and improved.

2. This roster will be 25-man when released, however, injured players as of Opening Day will remain in Single-A. Can't have accurate 25-man rosters if we were to leave them on the MLB rosters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2017, 02:14 AM   #52
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

2017 OSFM Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNobleEaglex
Hoping the Hybrid roster is a little bit more favorable to a guy like AJ Minter in the Braves organization. Scouting reports say he's the best Braves relief prospect since Kimbrel, and he has a good chance of reaching Atlanta this year. He was a darkhorse to open the year in Atlanta before an inflamed nerve in his elbow slowed him down for a few weeks. He will likely rehab in the warm weather at High A Florida before moving to AAA Gwinnett. However, the current rating of Minter in OSFM would make me very hesitant to bring him up this season lol.

We're working on calculations for players with little experience. We've discussed him privately and ran a few tests on him. From what we have discussed and saw, he will be a mid-high 60s guy with I believe a mid-80s potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2017, 08:00 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 27

Feel free to use my Phillies equipment edits I worked on. Thread has been created with a link to my Google Doc.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by PhilliesFan13; 04-11-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:11 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 4

If this has been asked before then I'm sorry... Do you have a rough timetable as for release.... Appreciate this is a massive project and a labour of love! I can't remember when they came out last year after release to at least give me some time frame!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-11-2017, 08:40 AM   #55
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
We're working on calculations for players with little experience. We've discussed him privately and ran a few tests on him. From what we have discussed and saw, he will be a mid-high 60s guy with I believe a mid-80s potential.
As a fast riser through the minors with only a year under his belt, I think that rating sounds much more fair and realistic! I appreciate it guys. Obviously, I can adjust him to my liking myself, but I like to leave that to the experts when possible, as it removes any bias I may have towards Braves players/prospects.

Thanks!

PSN: xNobleEaglex
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2017, 08:57 AM   #56
Rookie

Per some discussion in the OSFM thread, will you adjust salaries back to something that works better with the game engine? Apparently real salaries causes issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »