Home

MLB on FOX: 2017 OPENING DAY ROSTERS

This is a discussion on MLB on FOX: 2017 OPENING DAY ROSTERS within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2017, 09:33 PM   #129
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB on FOX: 2017 OPENING DAY ROSTERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
I appreciate your feedback, but I think most of us here prefer using SCEA ratings or we would just use one of those other roster options out there.

I don't necessarily always agree with some of the SCEA ratings and some do have me shaking my head, but the idea of this roster is to "KEEP IT SIMPLE" and "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Fair enough. I'm still with ya
Old 09-20-2017, 01:34 AM   #130
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Houston I hate to ask this as I know your going this alone, and its quite a challenge what your doing, but I was just wondering how far along are you? Did get all players zeroed out yet? I know once you finish this project, its going to likely be the best roster out, and thats not to knock the other roster guys on this site, as the do a nice job as well, but to do what your doing, and to rerate the entire rosters on SCEA scale, is quite the undertaking. Hope you havent gotten burnt out yet, and your still working on it, but I can definitley understand if you are burnt out by now too

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-21-2017, 12:44 PM   #131
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Houston I hate to ask this as I know your going this alone, and its quite a challenge what your doing, but I was just wondering how far along are you? Did get all players zeroed out yet? I know once you finish this project, its going to likely be the best roster out, and thats not to knock the other roster guys on this site, as the do a nice job as well, but to do what your doing, and to rerate the entire rosters on SCEA scale, is quite the undertaking. Hope you havent gotten burnt out yet, and your still working on it, but I can definitley understand if you are burnt out by now too
Hey Casey, thanks for checking in. Yes I am working on them still, probably not as much as I was, but I still do plan to get these done soon. I did take a little brake this month.

ROSTER STATUS:

I did get all the players ratings to zero even the players in free agents. I then finished filling out the free agent spaces.

Then I went over the SCEA ADDED PLAYER LIST I did this year and imported all those players SCEA has added this year onto my roster. All 21 roster updates players have been added to this roster, those currently are the only players with ratings right now.

Currently I am go over those players I added and removing the green R beside there name if there in the minors. I am also taking away the TOP 50 ICON if they have it when they shouldn't. These rosters are based off of OPENING DAY 2017 and I have the TOP 100 PROSPECTS printed out from then, so only the top 50 on what I have printed out will have the TOP 50 ICON.

Lastly,

Here are some players that SCEA added in there updates who do not have there career stats added. I have contacted Lorne at SCEA and hopefully they correct these players in the next update or 2.

RP Gregory Infante
RP Tyler Cloyd
1B Chad Huffman
RP Ricardo Rodriguez
SP Onelki Garcia
SP Wilmer Font

* I did half to remove the following real players to get pitchers from the SCEA roster updates onto the roster as I ran out of room, but these are the only real players I imported over.

SP Ryan Vogelsong
(Retired)
SP Corey Luebke (Retired)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 03:06 PM   #132
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Hey Casey, thanks for checking in. Yes I am working on them still, probably not as much as I was, but I still do plan to get these done soon. I did take a little brake this month.

ROSTER STATUS:

I did get all the players ratings to zero even the players in free agents. I then finished filling out the free agent spaces.

Then I went over the SCEA ADDED PLAYER LIST I did this year and imported all those players SCEA has added this year onto my roster. All 21 roster updates players have been added to this roster, those currently are the only players with ratings right now.

Currently I am go over those players I added and removing the green R beside there name if there in the minors. I am also taking away the TOP 50 ICON if they have it when they shouldn't. These rosters are based off of OPENING DAY 2017 and I have the TOP 100 PROSPECTS printed out from then, so only the top 50 on what I have printed out will have the TOP 50 ICON.

Lastly,

Here are some players that SCEA added in there updates who do not have there career stats added. I have contacted Lorne at SCEA and hopefully they correct these players in the next update or 2.

RP Gregory Infante
RP Tyler Cloyd
1B Chad Huffman
RP Ricardo Rodriguez
SP Onelki Garcia
SP Wilmer Font

* I did half to remove the following real players to get pitchers from the SCEA roster updates onto the roster as I ran out of room, but these are the only real players I imported over.

SP Ryan Vogelsong
(Retired)

Thanks, I appreciate the update. Yeah, SCEA has did a really crappy job this yr in their adding of player into the game and I had noticed some without stats. Defnitley disappointed in MLBTS this yr, for the 1st time evr really to the point of saying Im not buying day 1 next yr. Major things better improve as far as franchise goes, or I will stick with 17, no need to spend 65-70$, when franchise mode stays the same each yr, as they seem to only be up the online fantasy players rear ends these days, well if they are going to do that, then they can kiss my rear, I will be done buying it every yr. Again thanks for the update, and sorry about the rant, just highly diappointed with these devs this yr.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-21-2017, 11:32 PM   #133
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Thanks, I appreciate the update. Yeah, SCEA has did a really crappy job this yr in their adding of player into the game and I had noticed some without stats. Defnitley disappointed in MLBTS this yr, for the 1st time evr really to the point of saying Im not buying day 1 next yr. Major things better improve as far as franchise goes, or I will stick with 17, no need to spend 65-70$, when franchise mode stays the same each yr, as they seem to only be up the online fantasy players rear ends these days, well if they are going to do that, then they can kiss my rear, I will be done buying it every yr. Again thanks for the update, and sorry about the rant, just highly diappointed with these devs this yr.
I couldn't have agreed more, It's not all devs, but some all they care about is Diamond Dynasty these days giving most of the attention to that all year long.

There are still missing players who debut way back in June and before that, but that is more likely the player never turned in his papers to the MLBPA.

It has been frustrating, but if you go out and try another sports game sure those might look graphically better and have all the bells and whistles, but still THE SHOW has the best roster tools in my opinion. I bought into the whole Madden 18 have not played really since M25 on XBOX 360 days and still in that lapse of not buying Madden they still don't have a player search feature, you still cant create a player and give him how many years pro they have played, you can just pick from faces you cant still give them any type of unique facial features.

Madden 18 is a great game as far as game play goes and to replicate the NFL we see on TV these days, but under the hood trying to build rosters we are still restricted what we can do and edit.

I will forever and always be a baseball fan first, I do love me some football every now and then, but my point is as much as we think MLB THE SHOW 17 is lacking it really is not as far as creation tools are concerned and they don't handcuff as much as Madden does. On Madden 18 you only have 131 creation spots it's impossible to have accurate rosters like we can on MLB THE SHOW.

Myself I apologized for my ranting as well.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:41 PM   #134
MVP

Houston's Arena

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...sing-game.html

Don't pay as much attention to the recent ones i added but if you go back at the beginning of the year still missing guys that were never added.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:09 AM   #135
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

ROSTER STATUS:

Lastly,

RP Gregory Infante
RP Tyler Cloyd
1B Chad Huffman
RP Ricardo Rodriguez
SP Onelki Garcia
SP Wilmer Font

SP Ryan Vogelsong
(Retired)

Didn't Vogelsong resign back with the Giants on a minor league deal just a couple of days ago instead of retiring? If so, he will probably be back with them soon so he would probably need to be added back somehow. Thanks. Nevermind, I see that he just signed with the Giants so he could retire a Giant.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by tonybologna; 09-22-2017 at 12:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2017, 12:20 PM   #136
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Just checking in seeing how things are over there

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »