Home

OSFM 2018 “Opening Day Version” Available Now

This is a discussion on OSFM 2018 “Opening Day Version” Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2019, 11:19 PM   #2361
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OSFM 2018 “Opening Day Version” Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Councilmann_Jamm
They should just let is input numbers instead of clicking the sticks. Very annoying.

Thank goodness for y'all creating this roster. I wanted to smash something on the first try lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Tell me about it think of all the wasted hours we have all had to put in to get the damm correct numbers in I got so frustrated at times that I just go close enough lol This is why we need a import player option into franchise. so we don't spend 1 hour creating a playing in franchise and spend 5 seconds importing them I am wasting hours of time of players that I forget to put in the franchise that I have to copy and paste over..

exporting team option would also be another good option to have so you don't have to individually import every single players and name every single file!! takes time I don't know how you guys have the patience to do it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2019, 05:10 PM   #2362
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Wow I can't help but feel like this is the end of an era. When knight stepped away I really thought that was it for these rosters. But honestly the sets that ridin and showtyme did were some of the best ones not only for the show, but any game I have ever played.

Even though I don't know any of you personally over the last 8 years the rosters have been such a big part of my life it feels like I do. You guys did these for free every year and had the kindness to share them with all of us. For that I will always be greatful and appreciative. Mostly thank you for making sure we get a version for '19 even if it is just for one more year. I would have been devastated otherwise.

Good luck to you guys on your future ventures, and I really hope you guys decide to hand the keys off to someone who will approach it with the same passion all of you did. God speed gentleman.

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 02-08-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:28 AM   #2363
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I know you guys dont really need ideas for name rebranding, but for continuity sake, maybe something like

Operation Baseball Real Minors (OBRM).

EDIT: or Operation Show Real Minors (OSRM).

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 02-10-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:32 PM   #2364
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Councilmann_Jamm
Awesome. Don't know how you guys do this. Have to be very patient!

It took me 10 minutes to do Victor Victor. Dang numbers almost skip by 2 every time you move the stick!
Ya man. When I was making faces I was doing them in my franchise so I could enjoy them and then also doing them in the main menu so I could share them. What a pain.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:09 AM   #2365
Rookie

FastEd's Arena

Just my luck... I’ve been playing The Show since 2010 but only on season mode. It wasn’t until last year when they removed season mode, I was forced to play on franchise. Playing on franchise, I wanted to play with deeper rosters... you know, guys who are actually real players and not made up. Since I was caught off guard with the removal of season mode last year, I made a quick decision to play with a downloaded roster that wasn’t OSFM, only because I was uncertain how long before they were released. Although the roster was ok, it wasn’t comparable to OSFM. I told myself this year I would wait... no matter how long it took for the OSFM roster to be released, I would never chose another roster over OSFM again...

Then I read this is will be the last year for the OSFM rosters and I have to say I was really bummed. I guess i jumped on a little too late. I’m hoping someone continues it moving forward but it doesn’t sound like it’s going to be in as good of hands as it is now.

I’m at least looking forward to this years roster and just want to thank all the folks behind the scenes busting their butts to make it as great as it is. Here’s to another great year of baseball and MLB The Show!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2019, 02:11 PM   #2366
Rookie

Siuflyer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEd
Just my luck... I’ve been playing The Show since 2010 but only on season mode. It wasn’t until last year when they removed season mode, I was forced to play on franchise. Playing on franchise, I wanted to play with deeper rosters... you know, guys who are actually real players and not made up. Since I was caught off guard with the removal of season mode last year, I made a quick decision to play with a downloaded roster that wasn’t OSFM, only because I was uncertain how long before they were released. Although the roster was ok, it wasn’t comparable to OSFM. I told myself this year I would wait... no matter how long it took for the OSFM roster to be released, I would never chose another roster over OSFM again...

Then I read this is will be the last year for the OSFM rosters and I have to say I was really bummed. I guess i jumped on a little too late. I’m hoping someone continues it moving forward but it doesn’t sound like it’s going to be in as good of hands as it is now.

I’m at least looking forward to this years roster and just want to thank all the folks behind the scenes busting their butts to make it as great as it is. Here’s to another great year of baseball and MLB The Show!
Something a Cubs fan and a Sox fan can agree on. It’s a last ride of sorts. Should be fun though.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:14 PM   #2367
Rookie

Can someone PM me and explain what is going on with all this? Sorry I guess I'm old and I don't understand what is happening lol! They can't call it OSFM anymore but why does that mean the rosters can't be made under a different name by the same people? I've tried to read everything but I know I'm confused and probably uninformed so my apologies on the front end.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:07 PM   #2368
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

I got a question for roster people

I am working on a complete roster set as we speak to use for the 18 version of the game as I will not be buying the new version. I am making all the moves currently in the bigs and making sure all teams 90 man rosters are of players listed on the roster resource site.

Here is my one question. When i play with it eventually I use 30 team control and shut off having to consider budgets when making trades. But because I am making all contracts the real contracts like Machado has a 10 year 300 million and such. I wonder most teams will at the end of my first season be in the red. Will that stop me from being able to advance past season 1 or can I edit some setting to where that never matters cause that part of the game I really do not worry about when I play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »