Home

2020 mkharsh33 + Roster Resource (CREDIT-RIDIN)

This is a discussion on 2020 mkharsh33 + Roster Resource (CREDIT-RIDIN) within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2020, 12:31 AM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: 2020 mkharsh33 + Roster Resource (CREDIT-RIDIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I have barely touched any ratings. Just those that people have really brought to my attention. Some guy sent me a message the other day via PS4 and cussed me out and said how stupid I was (ZallyZally - you guys see his rosters, I'm guessing). But the funny part was when he said he'd use them after I fixed some things. So I don't know... Again, I don't want any thanks or pats on the back. I think the thing that gets me the most here lately are 2 things:

1) the amount of animosity I'm seeing here - it's over the top. This cooped up stuff we're all dealing with is having an effect, and it's sad. People are really at each other, and everyone needs to relax.

2) the lack of cooperation and teamwork here. Guys are so into "IT'S MY ROSTER BRAND" to the point that any idea of taking something and making it the best possible is a joke.

Me? I could care less. All I ever asked here was for SPECIFICS. You want something - then tell me EXACTLY what I need to do. Add a player? Fine - but tell me who I need to get rid of. Roster limitations don't allow for every player in the file.

You'll find a lot of them in Free Agency and the other added fake teams. If not, then look at the vault to see if available.

ONE LAST FILE WAS UPLOADED

April 7 - VERSION 9.0

I think this will now suffice. I may look at some things moving forward, but not enought to warrant a new upload anytime soon. At least not until real games begin. I was asked about 3 catchers for KC - well, I added one new one (Sebastian Rivero - AA catcher who is solid defensively). I also went over the Diamondbacks pitching staff and added some guys (including Dillon Overton who was just signed before the roster freeze). Other players and tons of player model fixes. Hope you guys have fun with the game and stay safe!
As has been mentioned earlier we appreciate your work very much. I just started a franchise using your v8.5.

Ate there that many changes in 9.0 that I should start over? I don’t mind if you think it’s necessary
Old 04-08-2020, 09:19 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgess
As has been mentioned earlier we appreciate your work very much. I just started a franchise using your v8.5.

Ate there that many changes in 9.0 that I should start over? I don’t mind if you think it’s necessary
I added around 12 new CAPs in the game - some are in the FA list because of roster restrictions. I had failed to catch that Jordan Milbrath was still on the Miami roster, so I removed him and added some work to the Marlins pitching staff. I didn't put Milbrath on the Arizona roster (again - space and priority) but I also added a few pitchers to the DBacks staff.

It just depends on what you want. Taking time to write down every thing I do takes a LOT of time, on top of the actual work on the roster itself. I created Sebastian Rivero - targeted to AA for the KC Royals - catcher. Just to create him - research, information, batting stance, equipment - takes around 20 minutes or more. Getting those as good as I can matters to me. Again, it's just a bit time consuming.

I, like all of us, are deeply indebted to Ridin and the roster crew. I couldn't do any of this without his base file (I began with 1.0 - and just kept working from that one, even though he had a couple more updates - had too much already invested). But I'm guessing I've done work on a few hundred player CAPs in the minors, and others - and other under-the-hood things I read about on players. I've taken any/all suggestions here, so those who did provide feedback got their requests. I've removed the retired players (firmly confirmed following the 2019 season) to use for other player spaces. There are no additional spots for new created players, so they have to be over-written.

The file is basically now done. I'm still working to finalize my sliders. If you have a lot invested - then just keep going. If you want to start over, then you'll have my best effort on this.

And I also like to thank other roster creators here. I don't see this as competition. I don't care about the "likes" on the rosters because I know the other guys are voting them down (one guy wrote me to tell me he does this each time I put a new file up - and he WANTED me to know this). So I don't care. It's a hobby. It's a game. People have much larger life issues right now than any of this stuff. Just enjoy it for what it is!
Old 04-08-2020, 06:38 PM   #59
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

@mkarsh i understanding your frustration and i completely understand you want to take a break. But before thanks for all your contribution. I’ll use your roster (And thx Ridin as well) in my new franchise.

I’m sure 99% of the you followers here are doing fine and appreciate it and hope you won’t take too hard those 1% with some mental illness problems. Mental illness is everywhere, in every communities, online or not. These days, with everything we all have to go through ( coronavirus), the stress is an amplifier to mental illness and we can see it here and in social medias in general as well. Only advice I can give you, don’t take anything personal.

I’m working for a AAA game dev studio and can tell you moderators of our forums are pretty busy these days. Huge amount of insane comments since the beginning of this crisis. Like 5-10 times we usually see. Crazy.

Thanks again and hope to see you back soon. Meanwhile, enjoy the game !!!
Old 04-08-2020, 10:52 PM   #60
Rookie

love the daily roster updates!
Old 04-08-2020, 11:26 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanco12
love the daily roster updates!
I think we're good and set...

If anyone sees any transactions that were overlooked, please let me know. If you are missing a prospect, I'd suggest grabbig one from the vault (the guys do a GREAT job on them) and just replace on your preference. Again, roster size limitations really hamper this. Now I'm going to enjoy playing this game - it's solid. (Once the season kicks in gear - if it does - I'll then look at things and get back after it.) Thanks and stay safe!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2020, 03:16 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

Love this roster set! I just have one question? Does anyone know ehy is Zack Greinke a CAP in this set. He is in the original game. Not a complaint just curious lol!
Old 04-11-2020, 04:08 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdawgus
Love this roster set! I just have one question? Does anyone know ehy is Zack Greinke a CAP in this set. He is in the original game. Not a complaint just curious lol!
Because of his haircut. The CAP is very spot on - and all the attributes are exactly the same. If he decides to let it grow out again then it can always be adjusted. I get why that might not be liked, but it was a decision I made and I'm cool with it. Hope this makes sense. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2020, 06:22 PM   #64
Rookie

soonermagic75's Arena

OVR: 9

Does he have the correct service time and stats?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »