Home

Best Roster for Harcore Sim Franchise Players

This is a discussion on Best Roster for Harcore Sim Franchise Players within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2020, 12:57 PM   #9
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best Roster for Harcore Sim Franchise Players

Just so you guys know I appreciate you roster makers and I’m not trying to argue about anything. All I’m doing is going by what i see in the actually gameplay.

Thank you both for your rosters
Old 04-20-2020, 02:34 PM   #10
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Top, not sure what you're talking about... Cy has strike out pitchers with very high ratings in his roster.

Just a few for example:

Robbie Ray - 97 K/9
Will Smith - 97 K/9
Chris Sale - 99 K/9
Josh Hader - 99 K/9
Matt Barnes - 99 K/9
Yu Darvish - 88 K/9
Trevor Bauer - 85 K/9
Mike Clevinger - 87 K/9
Gerrit Cole - 99 K/9
Max Scherzer - 99 K/9
Stephen Strasburg - 86 K/9
Corey Kluber - 80 K/9
Old 04-20-2020, 03:07 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViatorLion10
Thanks for following!

Cycloniac does have a robust system for rating based off of specific statistics. That is definitely next level for roster creation. However, after looking through his roster, I did find some of his calculations a little puzzling and the resulting overalls to be disagreeable.

Don't get me wrong, its still one of the best rosters out there for realism. It just wasn't exactly to my liking, mostly because of the resulting overalls and potentials that he came up with.

My system was based predominantly on WAR for current MLB players. Fangraphs has a great WAR system that breaks different values into tiers. I simply turned those tiers into ratings spreads and used them as target overalls for players. For potentials, I assigned potentials based on future roles that players are projected to fill. For example, "middle of the rotation starter" varies anywhere from 78-83. Some other things like career performance to date or potential of individual tools would then go into calculating a final number.

One drawback of my system that I'll admit is that it is not 100% adherent to statistics. If a players has a league average K rate as a hitter (25%), then its not guaranteed that his vision will be a 60 (average rating), but it should be in the general vicinity.

I focused just on editing overalls mainly, so I didn't necessarily edit attribute patterns. I took the base attributes generated by SDS or by the roster creator (mkharsh33) and increased/decreased them until I got to my target overall.

I would LOVE to edit each individual player and make their ratings accurately reflect every detail of their play. I have the knowledge of statistics and mathematics to generate formulas to make this happen in a completely unbiased and accurate manner. However, I am just one person, and even this method that I did took 60+ hours.

I would love the opportunity to collaborate with someone like Cycloniac or anyone who's interested for future projects. We the players deserve the best roster humanly possible. I just wish SDS delivered it to us instead.

And don't worry about about starting any rifts. I got respect for Cycloniac and the grind he puts in. I'm just pointing out a few criticisms for improvement, and I welcome the same.

Thank you for the explanation. I have concerns about any roster where overall ratings are used. The overall of a player does not affect how he will perform in gameplay or sim. It is the underlying statistics that will drive performance and sim stats. That should be the focus of any roster IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2020, 03:50 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidBream
Thank you for the explanation. I have concerns about any roster where overall ratings are used. The overall of a player does not affect how he will perform in gameplay or sim. It is the underlying statistics that will drive performance and sim stats. That should be the focus of any roster IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I'll concur with that. But like I said, I'm only one person. Its not a perfect system, but it has its advantages. By focusing on overalls, roster management and balances are a lot better.
Old 04-23-2020, 04:44 PM   #13
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4

does this set combine a deep minors with your re-workings of ratings? I'm super intrigued.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:16 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
does this set combine a deep minors with your re-workings of ratings? I'm super intrigued.

Yes. "Deep minors" to the extent that if a top prospect is in the deep minors it's highly likely that he has been included.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:43 PM   #15
#1 conrhusker fan

huskerfan4life's Arena

OVR: 13

I was wondering if this set was out yet?

Follow Me On Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadjz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2020, 05:44 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan4life
I was wondering if this set was out yet?

Yessir. Been out for a couple weeks. Enjoy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »