Home

Adjusting sliders to account for Temperature

This is a discussion on Adjusting sliders to account for Temperature within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #9
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Adjusting sliders to account for Temperature

OH - I know. I'm a MoM guy. Played Colorado in Colorado last night. The temp was 26 degrees according to the score board and started the game at 32 with wind blowing in at 11mph

So I put the CNTRL and PWR sliders down a notch. 5 HRs and one going 499 feet almost OUT of the Stadium.

And really - I'm not anal for accuracy. Every game has it's issues and as long as it's FUN, who cares. I randomly play a different stadium every game and I tweak sliders when I FEEL something needs changing.

I don't think sliders do that much anyway. MoM the game really puts a crimp on hitting for the CPU.

Last edited by Grinder12000; 04-04-2016 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:45 AM   #10
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

OVR: 0

I think one of the most important variables is the way in which certain molecules in certain substances act according to temperature. In colder temps molecules are more likely to be less active and more stiff, however in warmer temps molecules move around more and are more active. In theory, batted ball speed should actually increase in warmer temps with all other variables held constant. To what extent? I dont know. If its something you believe in and makes the game more realistic and FUN no one is going to tell you you're stupid. They may tell you what i alluded to before about how increasing power in the game itself can't possibly match the variables, but stupid....no
Old 04-04-2016, 12:25 PM   #11
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

Should I change Human molecule density or just CPU molecule density. That is always the conundrum.

Being a weather geek (Weather Underground station, CoCorahas and a few other things, RadarScope Group etc . . .) weather is always a fascination in baseball.

The one thing I have not found is how rain effects baseball. Temperature is something that has been studied but precipitation is still unknown statistically.

No worries about being called stupid - I'm an aldermen just north of Madison - being called stupid is part of my life now LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2016, 06:38 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanOfCornCobb
I just dont think any baseball video game made before we die will be able to accurately replicate that. And if they do, its because they got bored of having everything else work so perfectly.

Baseball Pro 98 did. In 1997. Granted, it was a PC game, but still.

Temperature, wind, and altitude impacted batted balls. Heck, velocity of the pitched ball impacted batted balls.

And no, not everything else worked perfectly - and that may not have either - but it was there and you could tweak the impact of it.

Last edited by KBLover; 04-09-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:42 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I've thought about doing this for park effects once I get a set solid to my liking.

Easier to get info on and we can adjust sliders that correlate to stats more easily even if it's "gamey" like making 2B/3B more common by manipulating the sliders, etc.

Maybe that route could make things easier because part of park effects is how the atmosphere/wind play with balls in addition to of course dimensions of the park.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:09 AM   #14
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

Quote:
Baseball Pro 98
THAT is a name from the past - I played APPA for a while but then Strat-O-Matic was so much better - played that ALL the way back in the 1968 area for about 30 years!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »