Home

Hashtagjorgie's Sliders

This is a discussion on Hashtagjorgie's Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #33
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Hashtagjorgie's Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLion
Hey man! I was wondering how you came about your sliders? How many games did you played with this set that made you feel they play as realistic as MLB?

BTW, I'm also a Yankee fan.
I played over a month with the game before I made any changes, but the slider set was an accumulation of not just gameplay from MLB 16 but from playing the series over the years and knowing some common things that plague the game.

The biggest/most radical change was to make fielding speed set to 0 and then base the sliders off of that. The fielder's being too fast is something that plagued the entire series not just MLB 16.

As we now know with MLB 17 it is not necessarily that the fielders were too fast, but that the ball physics were off causing the balls to hang for too long. This robbed us of too many extra base hits over the course of a season.

So this year for MLB 17 I will again be coming up with a slider set but due to the ball physics change and what I have seen so far, the sliders will more than likely not feature fielder speed = 0.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:15 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
I played over a month with the game before I made any changes, but the slider set was an accumulation of not just gameplay from MLB 16 but from playing the series over the years and knowing some common things that plague the game.

The biggest/most radical change was to make fielding speed set to 0 and then base the sliders off of that. The fielder's being too fast is something that plagued the entire series not just MLB 16.

As we now know with MLB 17 it is not necessarily that the fielders were too fast, but that the ball physics were off causing the balls to hang for too long. This robbed us of too many extra base hits over the course of a season.

So this year for MLB 17 I will again be coming up with a slider set but due to the ball physics change and what I have seen so far, the sliders will more than likely not feature fielder speed = 0.

I'll be looking forward to that set and The Show 17 looks better than ever for sure.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #35
Pro

I don't know what you did but it definitely improved player movement and control while using Player Lock. As much as I love baseball I could not really play this game from a Player Lock perspective this year. The control was just too frustrating. This is based on the last patch that came out with the game.

Somethings that I noticed that changed or improved. While playing using a player locked SS

•Turning a doble play

No more running past second base and into the outfield automatically when trying to turn a double play ball that was hit to the second base men.

If you take the wrong angle while running to the base you would continue to run into the outfield and loos control of your player

•Calling for a Pick Off

I have not had a successful call for a pick off while using a player locked short stop since I started playing MLB The Show 14 on PS4. That is almost 4 years and this still exist. What this slider set fixes is not the success of calling for the pick off.

But after several tries it no longer pulls your player locked SS way off the bag, sometimes near the pitcher. Which would make it impossible to tag the runner. Now you at least stand near the base. I tested this many time and was just happy to be near the base when I called for the ball.

•Running to a cut off spot

When running towards the white cut off markers in the outfield with a player locked SS. I know longer over run the markers and run into a random direction. Even though the outfields throw the ball over my head is if I am never there. Better than loosing control of the player you are controlling.

• No more overrunning the ball

Playing SS from a player locked perspective when the ball was hit and I reacted too it. I did not over run the ball the movement felt more weighted and I was able to get to the spot and make natural reflexed plays. My player is 6'1 and 195 pounds and always felt very light until using this slider set.

•*CPU Controlled Player Reactions

This was a bit to fast for me some pop ups into foul territory resulted in outs because the first base or catcher got to the ball too quickly. If you cringe the same way I do every time the catcher catches a foul tip yikes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2017, 01:52 PM   #36
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
I don't know what you did but it definitely improved player movement and control while using Player Lock. As much as I love baseball I could not really play this game from a Player Lock perspective this year. The control was just too frustrating. This is based on the last patch that came out with the game.

Somethings that I noticed that changed or improved. While playing using a player locked SS

•Turning a doble play

No more running past second base and into the outfield automatically when trying to turn a double play ball that was hit to the second base men.

If you take the wrong angle while running to the base you would continue to run into the outfield and loos control of your player

•Calling for a Pick Off

I have not had a successful call for a pick off while using a player locked short stop since I started playing MLB The Show 14 on PS4. That is almost 4 years and this still exist. What this slider set fixes is not the success of calling for the pick off.

But after several tries it no longer pulls your player locked SS way off the bag, sometimes near the pitcher. Which would make it impossible to tag the runner. Now you at least stand near the base. I tested this many time and was just happy to be near the base when I called for the ball.

•Running to a cut off spot

When running towards the white cut off markers in the outfield with a player locked SS. I know longer over run the markers and run into a random direction. Even though the outfields throw the ball over my head is if I am never there. Better than loosing control of the player you are controlling.

• No more overrunning the ball

Playing SS from a player locked perspective when the ball was hit and I reacted too it. I did not over run the ball the movement felt more weighted and I was able to get to the spot and make natural reflexed plays. My player is 6'1 and 195 pounds and always felt very light until using this slider set.

•*CPU Controlled Player Reactions

This was a bit to fast for me some pop ups into foul territory resulted in outs because the first base or catcher got to the ball too quickly. If you cringe the same way I do every time the catcher catches a foul tip yikes.

Those are nice side effects to the sliders.
Good feedback and something to keep an eye on when 2017 drops.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:33 PM   #37
Rookie

Is it possible to put hitting on Hall of Fame difficulty?
Old 03-06-2017, 04:09 PM   #38
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouRead
Is it possible to put hitting on Hall of Fame difficulty?
I have actually been tinkering with LOWERING the difficulty to Veteran in the time that I have been playing while I wait for MLB 17.

However, as you can see the hitting sliders are very close to default so in theory if you are good enough to hit on HoF then this should not effect that much.

However, I did adjust CPU Pitching to make them throw more balls and be less consistent; I cannot comment how that will be effected on HoF Human Hitting.

These are Simulation Style Sliders, meaning they are not intended to make the game easier or harder, they are intended to make the game play realistically when compared to a live MLB ballgame. Which is why you see pitching at HoF but hitting at All-Stsr (and like I said I have been testing Veteran).

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 03-06-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:12 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
I have actually been tinkering with LOWERING the difficulty to Veteran in the time that I have been playing while I wait for MLB 17.

However, as you can see the hitting sliders are very close to default so in theory if you are good enough to hit on HoF then this should not effect that much.

However, I did adjust CPU Pitching to make them throw more balls and be less consistent; I cannot comment how that will be effected on HoF Human Hitting.

These are Simulation Style Sliders, meaning they are not intended to make the game easier or harder, they are intended to make the game play realistically when compared to a live MLB ballgame. Which is why you see pitching at HoF but hitting at All-Stsr (and like I said I have been testing Veteran).
Sounds good. Appreciate the feedback!
Old 03-15-2017, 11:20 AM   #40
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

I have made some HUGE edits to the set while playing the last few weeks and have found a pretty good set that works A LOT BETTER! New edits on OP and highlighted in red.

One huge change is the Fielder Run Speed is no longer set to "0" but rather "3".
The reason I have done this is because another huge change is Human Timing is set to "10"!

It sounds very drastic, but with Directional Hitting (i.e. Time Hitting) I feel that a lot of the poorly hit balls were as a result of bad timing. Now, when I say bad timing I do not mean from a user skill perspective, but how timing is interpreted by the game. Essentially, there are many times I was "right on a pitch" but the feedback said "just late" or "early", sometimes even "very late". The problem is that the player would STILL make contact, but bad contact.

At first I thought the remedy was to lower contact to make it so when I am very late or too early more often, I would swing and miss instead, but this only made things worst as the lowering the contact slider ALSO lowers timing (as per description in sliders section).

Once I put all those pieces together than I figured lets see what happens if I bump the timing slider up. I started with 6, 7, 8. I still felt that it could be better and I just jumped all the way to 10, and man has there been a difference! Balls that I feel that I time perfect are now being put in play with authority more often, there are now more balls up the middle, and I feel like with the Direction I can influence balls more where I want (i.e. I can now pull inside pitches more often when I want to).

As a result of more balls being put into play with more solid contact, that indirectly made me up the Fielder Speed. There are now more balls up the middle and in between 3B/SS and 1B/2B. There are also more balls hit into the gaps. So once I basically got rid of too many lazy hits that hang too long I no longer needed to nerf the fielders, in fact I saw too many balls getting past the IFs and too many balls that the OF could not get to because they were hit too hard in comparison to their 0 fielder speed...so bumping it to 3 felt like the right thing to do and seems to bring back the balance.

I still get a lot of swing and misses, and I still strike out a good amount of time. So the timing slider hasn't made it so I am perfect, it just makes it so when I wait and time the pitch perfect, it results in more realistic feedback. I am still early and late, I am still fooled, and I am still fouling off pitches....I think I might be fouling off even more pitches now than ever and as a result I am getting into deeper counts. I now feel like I can wait for a pitch in certain part of zone and use directional hitting to pull or push the ball where I want with authority. This lets me take more pitches and not feel so anxious. When I pop something up or hit a weak grounder, I feel like its legit as opposed to before when I felt like it happened too often even when you timed something perfect.

Hopefully with the new ball physics we will not need to do this in MLBTS 17 but I think it fixes a lot of issues with MLBTS 16 and something to keep in mind as I create the slider set for '17.

I will note that since the Timing Slider is all the way up, I am not sure how this effects Zone Hitting. I remember hearing back in MLBTS 15 when Directional Hitting was introduced that Timing is a little harder on Directional Hitting since it is the main component to the hitting method, so raising the timing to a 10 for Directional Hitting, might be the equivalent of raising it to only 7 for Zone....but I am not 100% sure on that.

If you guys are still playing and want to give it a crack, I would appreciate feedback.

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 03-15-2017 at 02:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »