Home

P.A.D/ Padgoi MLB The Show 2017 Legend Sliders

This is a discussion on P.A.D/ Padgoi MLB The Show 2017 Legend Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2017, 09:19 PM   #65
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: P.A.D/ Padgoi MLB The Show 2017 Legend Sliders

Hey man, I played a game with your sliders (I really like them) as before, I had been playing on all-star hitting/HOF pitching with a different slider set and it was a bit too easy. Wondering if these could be played on directional hitting and classic pitching? That's what I was comfortable with. Also I was a little late on fastballs due to me never playing with pitch speed above 5.

I lost 2-1 as the Mariners agasint the Indians. Kluber had 8 k's in 7 innings, gave up 3 hits (one was a bunt by Dyson, and another was a swinging bunt by Haniger lol) and 4 walks, resulting in one run (earned). Andrew Miller struck out the side in the 8th and Cody Allen struck out 2 in the 9th for the save.

I had Paxton on the mound and he gave up 1 run on 6 hits, 1 walk in 7 innings, and then Zych came in, struck out 2 but gave up the winning run in the 8th and Vincent pitched a scoreless top of the 9th with one strikeout.

Brantley had 2 hits and drove in both runs, Ramirez and Lindor each had doubles.

Zunnino got our only RBI with a fielder's choice in the 7th, Haniger scored the run after reaching on a swinging bunt, and then a Dyson bunt and Cano double were our only hits on the day.

Really liking these sliders, although I'll have to get used to them. Gonna play more games later tonight (some out of my franchise, some in, I play every game and am currently at the trade deadline of year 2)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2017, 02:05 AM   #66
Banned

Hey fellas, I made a few very small adjustments to these and am considering them final unless another patch is released. I'm very happy with the way they're playing right now and I honestly can't think of anything I'd change. Please give them a shot, I think you guys will really enjoy them.

In the below images, I'm the Yankees and my friend is the Mariners in the other.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2017, 03:01 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
Hey fellas, I made a few very small adjustments to these and am considering them final unless another patch is released. I'm very happy with the way they're playing right now and I honestly can't think of anything I'd change. Please give them a shot, I think you guys will really enjoy them.

In the below images, I'm the Yankees and my friend is the Mariners in the other.

I hadn't bumped the power because I was still happy with the extra base hit numbers. Been wobbling between contact 6 and solids 6 and contact 5 solid 6 both with power at 5.

Must admit, also dropped down to HoF as was really struggling on legend!

Pipe dream: a good cricket game! (still)
Old 08-09-2017, 03:35 AM   #68
Banned

The problem with Legend is that the cpu gets a big bump in their attributes, leading to a lot of blown leads and saves. Part of the reason why I was such a proponent of the belief that comeback AI existed is because of the bump the cpu gets on higher levels. I like playing on legend because of the urgency the cpu shows in trying to win games, however the trade off is that the cpu sometimes gets really cheesy in their tactics. With that said, I'm currently 5-1 in my Yankees franchise so I can't really complain.

Here's the results from the game I just finished:

Old 08-09-2017, 03:38 AM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
The problem with Legend is that the cpu gets a big bump in their attributes, leading to a lot of blown leads and saves. Part of the reason why I was such a proponent of the belief that comeback AI existed is because of the bump the cpu gets on higher levels. I like playing on legend because of the urgency the cpu shows in trying to win games, however the trade off is that the cpu sometimes gets really cheesy in their tactics. With that said, I'm currently 5-1 in my Yankees franchise so I can't really complain.

Here's the results from the game I just finished:

Agree totally. The number of times I score then they score is ridiculous. So I thought hit on HoF, pitch on legend...even it out!

Old 08-09-2017, 03:41 AM   #70
Banned

That's why I made my sliders the way I did. The user offensive sliders configured the way they are should even out the playing field on legend. Hitting on hall of fame with these sliders might give the user a boost too large for the cpu to overcome. Right now through 6 games my stats are totally on point. Once you get the timing of the pitch speed down and learn to lay off the bad pitches, you should be OK.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:56 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
That's why I made my sliders the way I did. The user offensive sliders configured the way they are should even out the playing field on legend. Hitting on hall of fame with these sliders might give the user a boost too large for the cpu to overcome. Right now through 6 games my stats are totally on point. Once you get the timing of the pitch speed down and learn to lay off the bad pitches, you should be OK.

Cool. I must admit I just felt I wasn't getting value for hits. I might give the 575 contact/power/solids a go!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 01:00 PM   #72
Banned

Version 40 has been uploaded to the vault and updated in the OP. This version does a few things:

- Version 39 totally nerfed CPU power. My team ERA through 15 games was 3.08, which is absurdly low. This version addresses that.

- This version also addresses user pitch control. It was easy to not walk batters in the previous version. Now it should be harder to pinpoint locations.

- I also improved CPU pitch control. They were walking too many guys and leaving too many pitches down the middle of the plate. They should be able to work the corners a bit better now.

I'm tinkering with lowering human power and raising CPU contact, but I'm afraid even one slider notch for either of those will have devastating effects. Gonna play a few more games to see how version 40 plays out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »