Home

Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2017, 08:07 PM   #457
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

Thanks to Armor for posting the updated Manual Fielding Slider Tweaks for those who enjoy playing defense.

Some of the important adjustments may have been cut out on the OP page, so here are my settings, and the reasonings behind why I have moved them as such.

For you Pure Analog fielders, this game is the best we've ever had, and the most fun I've ever had playing console baseball. Enjoy!

Slider Tweaks (totally optional, but with manual fielding, they portray accurate results and sweat-covered controller!

Human Pitcher Control* 1
Human Pitcher Consistency* 1

If we are going to nerf the CPU power and solid hits, we cannot be painting corners and hitting the black with mediocre pitches and Classic Timing. These sliders will require you to figure out the release point for your staff, and will reward you handsomely for your consistency in releasing the pitch button as such. Some folks still don't realize that if you choose a Fastball with the Triangle, you can send that pitch home with the Triangle. You do not have to use the X button for all your pitches. You can, but I like to use the same button or R1 button to throw the pitch, as I used to select it. Drew Pomeranz will throw you strikes with his 4 seamer nine out of ten times, if you release the pitch button just as his front knee reaches the highest point. Even with Control and Consistency set at "1". This is because that is where his "Optimum Release Point" is located. For Him. Kimbrel's is when he gets to the highpoint, and begins the push forward. Take the time to warm up your pitchers, and figure out where your guy's release point is. You are allowed eight of them, use them, and learn where their command is best suited for strikes. Got a batter down 0-2, hold it down til the rumble, and break off Gnarly Uncle Charlie in the dirt, and get him to chase. The idea is to find the sweet spot of the release point, and replicate it every time, so that the pitch goes where you want it to... hey wait a minute... that sounds familiar. Thanks Coach Till.

Fielding Errors Infield* 6
Fielding Errors Outfield* 6

These are not crazy bumps up, but there needs to be some skin in the game when you are manually fielding. You need to take your time, and learn how long to push the stick, when to go maximum effort (buzzing controller) and how to take a step toward the bag (Lstick) and make a strong throw. Grounder to Short, you field, take a step towards first, and push the R stick to the three o'clock Zone of Influence. Picture a pie piece and the better players get a bigger slice of pie (accuracy wedge) Stepping away from the target when throwing, results in a less-accurate throw, with a smaller wedge of influence. Fielding cleanly, pre-load the throw, and move the L-stick a step towards your target. The animations are a thing of beauty, and the sense of accomplishment is gratifying. Give it a few games, and take control of your boys... It is so good.

Fielder Run Speed* 2
Fielder Reaction* 4

Trust me on this one. The FRS at 2 allows the fielder to be as fast as his ratings, and allows the user to help him with the plays, based on smart routes, and fielding panache. Herky jerky movement is toned down, as you cannot over-power your fielder with your clunky input. You can make mistakes, bad decisions, and flat out misjudge a ball, but you'll see guys who ought to track down a ball get there, and guys that have no shot making a play, have no shot. You will also need to shift the defense, and make individual decisions for slower, or less-talented players. Play five games this way, and watch the ratings and the attributes work themselves out. It is glorious.

I have been an A&S Slider fan for years, and use this set as a baseline for my similar style of gameplay. I still love to have some active control over the fielders, but the core gameplay of a clean screen, and tempo, are exactly how I play it.

The bottom line is to play the game and have fun. These are the slider I love, and your mileage may vary. But give them a five game test set, and I think you'll love the results.

Thanks to Armor for getting these up in here, and feedback is always welcome.
~syf
Old 04-08-2017, 08:54 PM   #458
Pro

VincesVictims's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

Omg pitching with vibration off is so awesome. Why have I just started pitching like that.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-08-2017, 09:15 PM   #459
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I have updated the OP with Stealyerface’s very own tweaks for those of you who like to do your own fielding with the slider set.

He has tested this well over 30 games and we have been talking a lot since release on our streams. I think those that like to do their own fielding will really get the most out of the slider set with his settings and a few tweaks.

Enjoy!!!!!

OSFM V1 tonight folks.......we will be live this evening enjoying those with some Yankees spring training before we embark on a 2017 Yankees/Nationals franchise with 30 team control.

Sorry for the amateur question but I'm relatively new to the show so can't say I'm overly familiar with your roster. Was wondering where I can hunt down the sliders with assisted fielding in them (if they are any different)?
Old 04-08-2017, 10:15 PM   #460
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan39
Not sure what your approach is but the best advice I can give is just keep plugging away. You want to try and work hitters just like in real life with these sliders. You want to try and get ahead whenever you can and make them chase. If you are playing with vibration off (which is awesome!!) then you have to challenge more because it's harder to nibble the corners and your pitch count gets elevated quickly. Try and challenge up in the zone early in the count and down when your behind.

I haven't given up too many homers pitching this way but they will get you if you hang anything or just stay in the middle of the plate. Keep in mind too that sometimes your pitcher may just be off and have trouble hitting his spots. Other times he's locked in and can throw it by them with a challenge fastball. Basically Real!! As far as hitting goes stay patient and look middle in most of the time unless your behind in the count. One of my biggest struggles is hitting bad pitches. The more patient I am the better wood I get on the ball. Again Real!!

Also, your hitters being hot or cold will affect how they contact the ball. If your cleanup hitter is in a slump you can sometimes put a perfect swing on a meatball and he'll just foul it off. Other times he may square up one on the corner and drive it in the seats. Real!! I love this game! Trust the settings play and have fun!

Yeah. It bugged me I'm the Nats 1st inning got 2 outs walked the 3rd bc of bad call by ump then 1st pitch to Stanton in the first game of the season crushes it. Guess I gotta keep grinding and getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-09-2017, 12:06 AM   #461
Just started!

OSFM is out and Started my Padres Chise! First game with your sliders and settings; Padres v Dodgers and it went exactly how you all probably thought... got blanked 7-0 lol

Kershaw was a beast 9.0 IP 2 H 0 BB 0 ER 8 SO

I gave up two Dingers to Grandal and Forsythe. Pitched w/ vibration OFF and boy is that a difference maker.. really have to focus on locating pitches leave a meatball over the plate and you will pay!

Can't wait to keep playing! Loving the sliders so far!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2017, 12:16 AM   #462
MVP

Is there a classic pitching tutorial I can read/watch? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2017, 12:54 AM   #463
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

I've been using this slider set with quick counts and it's been great. The only thing I have adjusted is foul ball frequency. Turned it down to 0 and still get them, but not as crazy it seems at 3.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:57 AM   #464
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

OVR: 5

Box Score..Slider game 1..Felix was dealing as expected..Great first game.thanks

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »