Home

Mike Lowe MLB The Show '17 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe MLB The Show '17 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2017, 12:57 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Mike Lowe MLB The Show '17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Sounds silly, but I know folks are concerned with perhaps not enough HRs for them, and not enough Ks while batting.

Simple solution for both: Start swinging out of your SHOES!
To be fair, on 16, I struck out 3 times in a whole season on my rtts character and all three were looking, so this is my M.O.!

Pipe dream: a good cricket game! (still)

Last edited by richinspirit; 04-20-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2017, 01:45 PM   #402
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9

Played a few games with the hum power change and just finished an awesome game vs the White Sox.
I won 9-5 by having a 5 run 8th inning.

Their BABIP was .387 and mine (Indians) was .323. I only had 1 homerun and it was a wallscraper from Chisenhall. The game had 5 lead changes and both teams runs came mostly from RBI singles and doubles.

I'm leading the league in HRs mainly thanks to Edwin but he has struggled lately and it's good to see more runs scored by something other than the long ball.

Liking this set and really the only thing I'm trying to improve is my pitching. I'm not seeing my pitchers walk enough guys but I've knocked Hum consistency down to 0 and had 3 walks in this game so maybe that will get it more in line.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-20-2017, 01:49 PM   #403
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
Played a few games with the hum power change and just finished an awesome game vs the White Sox.
I won 9-5 by having a 5 run 8th inning.

Their BABIP was .387 and mine (Indians) was .323. I only had 1 homerun and it was a wallscraper from Chisenhall. The game had 5 lead changes and both teams runs came mostly from RBI singles and doubles.

I'm leading the league in HRs mainly thanks to Edwin but he has struggled lately and it's good to see more runs scored by something other than the long ball.

Liking this set and really the only thing I'm trying to improve is my pitching. I'm not seeing my pitchers walk enough guys but I've knocked Hum consistency down to 0 and had 3 walks in this game so maybe that will get it more in line.

With consistently that low, just be cautious of how many batters you hit and how many wild pitches you rack up. You'll quickly lead MLB in both categories if you're not careful.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:06 PM   #404
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
With consistently that low, just be cautious of how many batters you hit and how many wild pitches you rack up. You'll quickly lead MLB in both categories if you're not careful.

I typed the wrong thing. I actually meant control to 0 not consistency...like how your current settings are. Noticing a bit more walks and I'm working the corners a little more on purpose. Liking what I'm seeing.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:17 PM   #405
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
I typed the wrong thing. I actually meant control to 0 not consistency...like how your current settings are. Noticing a bit more walks and I'm working the corners a little more on purpose. Liking what I'm seeing.

Good--that's perfect.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2017, 04:24 PM   #406
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
First, I've updated first post to v1.12 which has just one small change: Human pitcher control -1 to 0.

Second, looking around the league as the Marlins have an off day:

We have played 15 games (6-9)
We have hit 13 HRs (21st)
We have given up 14 HRs (9th)
Our team BABIP continues to trend up, and is now at .218 (so glad we caught this so early in the season as it'll correct itself)
Our opponent BABIP is roughly .310 (not going to manually count ABs and SF)
We have 13 WP, 2nd most is Texas with 7 (all simulated games)
We have been HBP 5 times, which falls right within the league average for other simulated teams
We are last in 2B, but not by much. This will continue to climb with better BABIP now.
We have walked 51 times (10th)
We have struck out 99 times (t-4th)
We have grounded into the t-3rd LEAST amount of GDIP (5) --Hallelujah!

Most everything else is in line w league averages (ranking 10-19), aside from stats I know are on the rise (or proper decline).

I'm glad we have upped AI power, and with my VERY sluggish start to the season before we upped the human solid hits slider, I'm fine w where my HR numbers are, and expect those to continue to climb.

As for wild pitches, you have to be very careful w runners on base until we hopefully see a patch.

Getting more strikeouts for human hitters is my next goal, but that's tricky without affecting other stats.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Is batting average important to you? I see people talk about BABIP a whole lot more than Avg.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:45 PM   #407
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meskuzi301
Is batting average important to you? I see people talk about BABIP a whole lot more than Avg.
BABIP, over the correct amount of time, will handle batting averages as accurately naturally, and is a better measure of actual batting average itself when talking about sliders (the amount of hits in play...are we seeing enough drop in for hits, or are things like OF speed to high, etc.).
Old 04-20-2017, 04:54 PM   #408
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
BABIP, over the correct amount of time, will handle batting averages as accurately naturally, and is a better measure of actual batting average itself when talking about sliders (the amount of hits in play...are we seeing enough drop in for hits, or are things like OF speed to high, etc.).
Ok thanks, that makes sense. Loving these sliders so far, playing HOF on default seemed too easy to hit. Scores were ballooning for me, but these seem to have struck a very nice balance. Plays more like real baseball, nothing annoys me more than see the opposing pitcher throw heaters down the middle every other pitch, this seems to have fixed that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »