Home

TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders

This is a discussion on TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-28-2018, 01:43 AM   #169
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I don't know if baserunning speed impacts speed in the field. It shouldn't but...who knows. If you're seeing a difference, I'll trust your eyes. If so..though...then what is the fielder speed slider for if baserunner speed makes fielders faster??

It might explain why I think fielder reactions are more than fine at 1 Reaction.
I'll need a playtest session where only Baserunner speed is changed before I get behind that theory. I'll probably just do quickplay maxing and minimizing the slider all game. Either that or pop in and out of practice mode running the same play on defense over and over.

To answer your question though, the fielder run speed would still be important because it would change the relative speed of the fielders compared to baserunners.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:15 PM   #170
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Cool, good to know I actually managed to get close on baserunner speed by eyeballing it. As for throws, I had to turn them down. I agree with you even when set high you will get throws that are too slow when compared to MLB max. But even on 7 I was getting way to hard of throws on awkward or off balance throws. I think this is one of those sliders where there may be a best setting, but there is no good setting.
I will preface thisby saying i have not time to read the past several days of this thread in much detail. I have only been able to skim through. So if i am way off subject here, or youve already covered this, my apologies.

The first thing i did out of the box this year and last year was literally time runners of different many different speeds, home to first, home to second, home to third, and home to home. As well as from base to base. I tried to adjust the baserunner speed slider to match MLB and got i fairly close (i cant remember exactly what setting and i am out of state right now)

Short story long, i then went to arm strength and adjusted for that. After MUCH trial and error with all other sliders, i never could get the game to balance great around these speeds. I tried this both in 17 and 18, and i even toyed with it in 16. I finally wiped the slate clean so to speak, and started with all the other sliders, and decided whatever speeds the runners and arm strengths fell on, thats where i would keep them. Although the speeds are wrong with the stopwatch (yes im that big of a stat nerd lol), visually in my opinion it is unnoticeable because it blends with the flow of the game.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:56 PM   #171
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
I finally wiped the slate clean so to speak, and started with all the other sliders, and decided whatever speeds the runners and arm strengths fell on, thats where i would keep them. Although the speeds are wrong with the stopwatch (yes im that big of a stat nerd lol), visually in my opinion it is unnoticeable because it blends with the flow of the game.
Yeah that's how I arrived at my 9 setting last year - timed as they ran to 1st on contested plays and then home-to-second.

This year, 8 was better. Mid guys were too quick by 0.1s or so. Backed to 8 and it's fine for me. Hamilton might be 3.6 instead of 3.5 but MLB Joe Average isn't getting down at 3.8, but more like 4.2 which is a 50 on the scouting scales I can find.

Then, like you, adjusted the arms. That's where I got 10 from. (That and seeing how slow the arms are vs Statcast data).

OF took more playing around with, but I tried to stay with Statcast data. Six gave me good throws from high arms, the possibility to "scare" runners into staying put on XBH (double but not try triple in some situations, etc). Without causing "questionable" singles from slower guys.

For me, visually it wasn't good. I'd hit a slow grounder to short and Gordon, Hamilton, 96 speed fictional is barely 2/3 up the line. I was like "uh...what?"

Last edited by KBLover; 05-29-2018 at 06:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #172
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

WOW! That was a lot of info the last couple pages! Good info!

I'm gonna take the HOF hitting and Legend pitching sliders from the OP and combine with KB's fielding sliders and go from there.

I'm guessing you're still testing things out?
Old 05-30-2018, 05:05 PM   #173
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
WOW! That was a lot of info the last couple pages! Good info!

I'm gonna take the HOF hitting and Legend pitching sliders from the OP and combine with KB's fielding sliders and go from there.

I'm guessing you're still testing things out?
Yup. The cycle for V6 is going to be long because I want it to be my final update. I'm not willing to commit to any single date, but I would expect to be done before I move. If it's not done by then (July 6th) then it will be a fair while afterwards. Moving sucks.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:49 PM   #174
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Hope the errors calm down for you.

I had three more (2 by CPU on the same play, 1 by me, all throwing) last game I played in my Marlins carryover.

The first by CPU was a throw in the dirt on a SB attempt. Then the CF made a hilarious looking throw (31 Arm Accuracy) where it came up short by like 40 feet on the throw to third. By the time it got there, my man was by third and heading home.

Ended up scoring on an attempted steal of second lol. Even the commentary was like
Old 06-04-2018, 02:58 PM   #175
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Just an FYI, I'm about ready to throw in the towel when it comes to finding a good solution for a "set it and forget it" setting on the CPU manager hook.

I think what I'll do is just post what I feel is the "best" (though I wouldn't call it good) solution, then post my recommended settings for those that want to change their sliders mid-game. This venture has been soul crushing, though it wasn't all in vain, I managed to learn a lot about the pitcher stamina sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2018, 05:06 PM   #176
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

I hear ya. I thought I had found a good spot with Hook on 8.

Then I watch Joe Maddon come get his starter after 3 1/3 innings with his team up 2-1 just because he was getting push a bit in the inning (we had scored a run).

I mean, I know I can drive up pitch counts if I'm on but that's ridiculous. I had raised pitcher staminas as well.

Frustrating indeed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »