Home

HOF Difficulty

This is a discussion on HOF Difficulty within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2018, 11:42 AM   #9
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: HOF Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo
Pitched my first game on legend pitching and hof hitting. NYY-Toronto. The only pitching and hitting sliders I touched were +1 for stamina for me and -1 for solid hits for the cpu.
Tanaka pitched great! I won (yankees) 3-2 on a Judge 2 run homer in the 5th. The yankee bullpen came in in the 8th and 9th and stopped two Toronto rallies.

Toronto game line...2 runs...5 hits and 1 error.
Yankess....3 runs...8 hits... and 1 error.

Playing a game with this setup would not have been possible for me a few years ago. I would have gotten my doors blown off. SDS has truly made the game easier and that is not a good thing IMO.

Could it be that in years past, the higher difficulty levels were just cpu cheats? And now "Legend" is in the realm of reality with the cpu just playing smarter and/or more "realistic".

I mean, if that's the case, and I don't know for sure, that would be a dream come true. I have to play more games, but being competitive in my last Legend/Legend game and considering "making adjustments" to my pitching philosophy post said game, is a thing of beauty.

My hitters had 6 runs on 10 hits. They struck out 11 times and walked 8 times with two of those being intentional. The CPU threw 181 pitches with 58% strikes. It was fantastic. I felt confident and intimidated with different hitters at different times in the game.

My pitching was a different story though. I never adjusted, and I never pitched around. I won the game, but I didn't respect their power and they put four over the fence on me.

That being said, and after watching a few youtube tutorials, I'm making a few adjustments and I'm going to adapt a more "modern" style of pitching.

We'll see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »