Home

MLB ON FOX: 2018 All-Star Directional Hitting & Classic Pitching Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on MLB ON FOX: 2018 All-Star Directional Hitting & Classic Pitching Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2018, 03:21 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: MLB ON FOX: 2018 All-Star Directional Hitting & Classic Pitching Simulation Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I like the sliders so far. But I am not striking out and I知 really struggling on offense. I know I need to be more disciplined at the plate and I知 swinging and hitting balls that I should be missing. They would be a soft liner to either 2B or SS.

I played the Phillies against the Giants with Bumgarner and my offense had 4 hits with only 3 strikeouts. So I chalked that up to it being shut down by Bum. So next game I do the 5th starters and I only get 3 hits with 4 strikeouts. Please help. I知 lost.

I have everything the same as the original post.
Unfortunately, I知 afraid it痴 the game. Too few strike outs for HUM hitters, too few walks for HUM pitchers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2018, 07:04 AM   #66
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB ON FOX: 2018 All-Star Directional Hitting & Classic Pitching Simulation Slide

Ok I lost a game 1-0 with only 4 hits with Yankees I think the speed change has really effected hitting now and my timing is screwed I値l hace to see if I get use to it
Old 03-30-2018, 09:01 AM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I like the sliders so far. But I am not striking out and I知 really struggling on offense. I know I need to be more disciplined at the plate and I知 swinging and hitting balls that I should be missing. They would be a soft liner to either 2B or SS.

I played the Phillies against the Giants with Bumgarner and my offense had 4 hits with only 3 strikeouts. So I chalked that up to it being shut down by Bum. So next game I do the 5th starters and I only get 3 hits with 4 strikeouts. Please help. I知 lost.

I have everything the same as the original post.

I would click timing down a notch and pitch speed up 1
Old 03-30-2018, 04:57 PM   #68
Rookie

SoxSoxSox's Arena

Trying these. Broadcast pitching view is new to me (Always used the home plate looking out view) but the API is making it slightly easier.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:48 PM   #69
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

I am struggling so much offensively this game is almost not even fun I知 so frustrated. I知 either going to max out solid hits and power or go to Beginner level. I知 timing everything good but just not making good contact. My timing says good and the bottom line says okay most of the time. When I do hit the ball hard it痴 just a hard ground out. I would feel betrer if I was struggling to hit the ball.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:49 PM   #70
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

I even went down to dynamic hitting and started at Veteran + and through 7 innings I知 just about to drop down to Veteran it痴 so low.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:14 PM   #71
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Games for sure got harder to hit after the patch I moved pitch speed to 8 a bit better not sure if more has happened with it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2018, 06:45 PM   #72
Rookie

SoxSoxSox's Arena

White Sox 8--11--0
Red Sox 4--9--0

I gave up a grand slam that was just inside the pole over the Monster. Other than that Price was solid, but let a few on and I took him out around 85 pitches. Clawed back and tied it 4-4, then Kimbrel **** the bed.

New to me was having strike zone off, using API, and pitching from the broadcast camera. But I really, really enjoyed it. It FELT like REAL baseball, does that make sense?

I guess when I go to Miami I can finally see the fishtank behind home plate LOL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »