Home

BYU 14's "Old Guy" Quick Count Sliders for the Show 18

This is a discussion on BYU 14's "Old Guy" Quick Count Sliders for the Show 18 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #105
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: BYU 14's "Old Guy" Quick Count Sliders for the Show 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
Thank you, glad you are enjoying. My only concern at this point are human walks, so may change CPU control back to 5, but starting a second dynasty as I would expect the Yankees to draw a lot of walks, to confirm..

Last 2 games in Yankees Franchise
OAK 2-7-0 HR-1, BB-3, K-9
NYY 7-13-0 2B-2, HR-2, BB-3, K-9

OAK 4-9-0 2B-2, HR-2, BB-6, K-13
NYY 5-9-0 2B-2, BB-9, K-8

Through 44 games 27-17 3rd place 3.5 behind Boston and 1 behind Toronto.

Hitting Stats
Average - .265 13th (The game has the Yankees rated 11th for contact)
Runs - 219 3rd
2B - 72 8th
3B - 8 14th
HR - 66 1st 1.5 per game (The game has the Yankees rated 1st in power, so plausible)
BB - 182 1st (6 more than 2nd and this is the one area I may still tweak and change CPU control to 5)
K - 390 32nd (A lot of this is on me, but the Yankees are currently averaging 9.5 in RL per game and this is 8.8)

Pitching
ERA - 4.10 16th
Hits - 365 13th
HR allowed - 45 12th
BB - 157 21st
K - 364 3rd (8.27 per game and in RL the Yanks are just over 10 right
now)

Notables
Sanchez .279-14-38
Stanton .306-19-40
Judge .247-14-29
Bird .291-8-23
Tanaka 4-3 2.57 1.14 WHiP
Sevy 4-2 4.34 1.45 WHiP
Montgomery 6-1 2.98 1.14 WHiP
Yup I lead the league in walks. I often do though.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2018, 07:55 AM   #106
Rookie

Hey for your HOF settings you say in red, but I don't see anything in red. Are they the ones on the right side of the slash?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-10-2018, 09:43 AM   #107
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmoon20
Hey for your HOF settings you say in red, but I don't see anything in red. Are they the ones on the right side of the slash?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Hey Jason,

Yes the numbers after the slash are HOF. Red just may not show if accessing by phone.

I also updated the OP to change CPU control to 5 as walks were a tad high IMO. Everything else is still giving good numbers.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:31 PM   #108
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Hey BYU, enjoying the sliders, I am loving it. Finally made the jump to HOF hitting. How are walks for you? I am personally seeing too many on user side. Only 4 games in, so very small sample size I know, but so far with my Reds, I have gotten 6, 6, 8, and 6 in 4 games. I am not sure if this is normal for The Show or I am extremely patient person lol. I got CPU control at 5 and Consistency at 4 like OP... There anything else I can do about this or just deal with it? Besides that, game been playing fantastic! Thanks for the set!
Old 05-13-2018, 10:54 AM   #109
Rookie

jkeessen's Arena

OVR: 2

I have really enjoyed these sliders only about 3 games behind actual calendar. My only concern which I have been tinkering with is lack of errors. Anyone else experience similar results?
Old 05-13-2018, 02:58 PM   #110
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Hey BYU, enjoying the sliders, I am loving it. Finally made the jump to HOF hitting. How are walks for you? I am personally seeing too many on user side. Only 4 games in, so very small sample size I know, but so far with my Reds, I have gotten 6, 6, 8, and 6 in 4 games. I am not sure if this is normal for The Show or I am extremely patient person lol. I got CPU control at 5 and Consistency at 4 like OP... There anything else I can do about this or just deal with it? Besides that, game been playing fantastic! Thanks for the set!

Thank you, glad you are enjoying them Walks have been my only concern as well, and it may have to do more with QC. I think the only other thing I would suggest and will also test is moving CPU consistency to 5 as well. that is really the difference between the CPU painting the corners and just missing, which should knock walks down and will force you to swing at more borderline pitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeessen
I have really enjoyed these sliders only about 3 games behind actual calendar. My only concern which I have been tinkering with is lack of errors. Anyone else experience similar results?

Thank you and I am find errors go in spurts. This is actually the first time I have never jacked the slider up as I am 11th in the league in errors right now with the Yanks. If you kick errors up I would only do infield errors a tick and leave throwing as is, which I think you will find evens out over the season. And I am about 10 games ahead of the calendar at the moment.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:59 AM   #111
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
I still use this set. The walks are there, though. This IMO is twofold, though. Hitting camera view is a really big part of it, as whenever you are trying someone set you would be amiss to not use the same camera setting, too....

If I use the SZ3 Custom suggestion that BYU has on the OP, I don't draw many walks at all. I also strike out like Rob Deer on coke, and hit way too many pop ups...

When I use camera settings that I prefer and/or am familiar with (retro, wide, offset, and '15 pulled all the way back) I probably average 7-8 walks a game, which obviously is a bit much.

So I just set it to '15 standard, and am a few games into also adjusting consistency to 5. I'm a bit placebo about this though....I've struggled at 5, but part of me thinks it would be easier to tee off on pitches closer to the zone.....it hasn't been.

I'm any event, clearly this post has been silent for a month, but from a day one user of these, yeah. Consistency at 5 works way better than 4.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 07:31 PM   #112
Rookie

Anyone still active in this thread? Thinking of trying this set. Wondering if there has been any ill-affects after all the patch’s?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »