Home

FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders

This is a discussion on FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2018, 01:13 PM   #457
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees82
I am averaging 7 hits a game the last 10 games. Average 2.2 HR per game during that span. 70 hits and 22 HR.
So, first of all thanks for sharing your stats! It helps, and honestly, other than the high home-run rate you numbers, BABIP...everthing seems pretty close to where I am at.

But you do seem to have a feast or famine problem, which is pretty much why I started making slider sets at all. I used to only score off of home runs, and it just wasn’t fun.

Let’s talk about your timing first. If you are consistently early or late no matter what you try, you should raise timing up OR change your batting view. Sometimes that helps but really you need a bigger window. You need more good-good hits to help spread the ball around the field more even if you are slightly off. What is happening is it is so hard to get it perfect right now that when you do, it’s rewarding you with a bomb, but not much else.

So the other changes you might not like, but I am curious if this is what is needed to balance out the higher-tier hitting teams.

I feel like you need more hits, but less powerful hits. I recommend you give me 10 tens games with contact raised by one, power dropped by one. So this would put you at 7-4? Track the same stats you posted above.

If you find you are getting to everything and also your K’s drop too much, Then drop that timing back down.

I am thinking this is going to produce better results for you. Want to give it a shot?
Old 08-25-2018, 02:16 PM   #458
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
So, first of all thanks for sharing your stats! It helps, and honestly, other than the high home-run rate you numbers, BABIP...everthing seems pretty close to where I am at.

But you do seem to have a feast or famine problem, which is pretty much why I started making slider sets at all. I used to only score off of home runs, and it just wasn’t fun.

Let’s talk about your timing first. If you are consistently early or late no matter what you try, you should raise timing up OR change your batting view. Sometimes that helps but really you need a bigger window. You need more good-good hits to help spread the ball around the field more even if you are slightly off. What is happening is it is so hard to get it perfect right now that when you do, it’s rewarding you with a bomb, but not much else.

So the other changes you might not like, but I am curious if this is what is needed to balance out the higher-tier hitting teams.

I feel like you need more hits, but less powerful hits. I recommend you give me 10 tens games with contact raised by one, power dropped by one. So this would put you at 7-4? Track the same stats you posted above.

If you find you are getting to everything and also your K’s drop too much, Then drop that timing back down.

I am thinking this is going to produce better results for you. Want to give it a shot?
Thank you for the insight. I think you hit the nail on the head. So contact at 7, power at 4. Do I leave timing as is or raise it up one?
Old 08-25-2018, 03:30 PM   #459
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
So recently I changed the solid hits slider from 5 to 4 in an effort to attempt to create more curb the FB% a bit as well as add a few more singles and groundouts to the mix. Here are the percentages of the samples:

Solid Hits 5 (15-game sample)

FB% 45.4
LD% 19.2
GB% 35.4

Solid Hits 4 (13-game sample)

FB% 48.4
LD% 16.6
GB% 35.0

The definition of the solid hits slider indicates it will lower Line drives in lieu of more fly balls, pop ups, choppers and weak grounders. In this particular sample it seems that the line drive drop went straight to more fly balls and left ground balls virtually unaffected.

I am a little surprised that more of the line drives did not to ground balls but I am guessing that has more to do with how I am making contact with zone. I just tend to get under the ball a bit more than over. I generally tend to seek out middle-up pitches to drive so there are not a lot of weak choppers in my game!

So here is the other thing. I really like how the game plays at 4. I felt the hit variety felt better and that I was seeing a lot more bloops, through the infield singles, just over the fielder head singles, majestic down the line doubles...it just felt more varied.

I think for the most part it is going to come down to personal preference on this setting. As long as my percentages line up, I have a decent batting average, and my run totals are good, I think I am going to stick with 4. I will make the update to post one. Let me know if you have any questions!
I've done a bit more testing and I'm in total agreement with 4. I love the way it's playing right now
Old 08-25-2018, 03:56 PM   #460
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees82
Thank you for the insight. I think you hit the nail on the head. So contact at 7, power at 4. Do I leave timing as is or raise it up one?
Adding contact should help your timing a bit, so maybe start without it, but if you continue to rarely get good timing, then bump it up as well
Old 08-25-2018, 03:59 PM   #461
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffking
I've done a bit more testing and I'm in total agreement with 4. I love the way it's playing right now
Yeah, it’s a blast (being on a win-streak helps). I just feel that the increased variety in hitting results trumps (sorry) how my balls are flying off the bat. If the percentages were getting thrown out of whack that would be different. I think solid hits 4 is great.

Last edited by FenwayMac; 08-25-2018 at 05:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2018, 12:41 AM   #462
Rookie

So I raised contact to 7 and power down to 4. I raised timing to 6 to start with. I will post back once I get 10 games in but I wanted to share my stats so far after 3 games. It feels like my hitting got worse. I played the Marlins and White Sox and they are all cute young award pitchers.

Avg: .165
BABIP: .159
Hits: 16 (5.3 per game)
HR: 5 (1.7 per game)
Strikeouts: 7.6 per game

31% of my hits are home runs.
I will keep pushing but I don’t really know what my next step is besides cranking contact to 10 or going down to beginner.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:47 AM   #463
Rookie

The good swings I make are right at the fielder. A hard grounder at 3rd is always gobbled up by their 3rd basemen. Where mine are never to get to those same balls. If it’s a line drive to the outfield it either stays up long enough for them to get to and theirs either carry over my fielder’s head or drop in front of them.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:11 AM   #464
Rookie

So the new settings are getting worse by the game. I have only 2 hits in the last 19 innings. In 7 games I am batting .202 with a BABIP of .241. I have 6 HR in the 7 games. I am striking out 8.6 per game. 8.4% for extra base hits. I am averaging 6.8 hits per game.

I am about to give up. I am debating on lowering to rookie or maxing out all the sliders in my favor. It’s not even fun anymore and I’m about to just put the game away and wait til next year. I’m popping up or striking out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »