Home

mkharsh33 MLB The Show 18 - simulation sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 MLB The Show 18 - simulation sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2018, 07:35 PM   #33
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: mkharsh33 MLB The Show 18 - simulation sliders

I have played 23 games with these sliders. And moved the sliders when you raised the CPU pitching control and consistency. I am using quick counts as well. I am batting .307 and my BABIP is .373. I am striking out 8.4 times per game so I am happy with those numbers. I switched the Fish Eye 2 to see if I could make it a little more challenging on offense. I’m averaging 1.3 HR per game. Here are my Distribution of hits.

Me:
Singles: 64.3%
Doubles: 20.3%
Triples: 3.3%
Home Runs: 12%

I am the Cubs and like I said I’m happy with the hit variety but I need less average.

The CPU is batting .236 and their BABIP is .281. Their average could go a little higher. They hit too many home runs. 15% of their hits are home runs and 47% of the Runs come from home runs. I tried to lower their power to 5 but I think that makes them too weak.

What are your thoughts? I don’t want to go up to Hall of Fame.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:24 PM   #34
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

The fielding will need some tweaking. 3 times in first 2 inning of a game, outfielder dove for the ball and failed, one ended up being ITPHR. Way too much diving. I have mine on 4 speed, 0 reaction I believe. I’ve seen some at 2 and 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2018, 09:15 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Still loving these sliders for hitting and fielding. I don't have any exact numbers, but I have used them for a dozen or so games and it just feels right. Some games are high scoring, some games are low scoring. I fear good pitchers and in general strike out much more than I did on my old settings.

The fielding sliders work really well too. I especially like them for the outfield. There are a lot of natural looking running catches rather than some weird forced animation that sucks an outfielder into making a catch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2018, 01:46 PM   #36
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

I tested your hitting with lowe’s pitching and fielding at 4 spd, 0 reaction. One game so far and loving it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2018, 09:39 PM   #37
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I have played 23 games with these sliders. And moved the sliders when you raised the CPU pitching control and consistency. I am using quick counts as well. I am batting .307 and my BABIP is .373. I am striking out 8.4 times per game so I am happy with those numbers. I switched the Fish Eye 2 to see if I could make it a little more challenging on offense. I’m averaging 1.3 HR per game. Here are my Distribution of hits.

Me:
Singles: 64.3%
Doubles: 20.3%
Triples: 3.3%
Home Runs: 12%

I am the Cubs and like I said I’m happy with the hit variety but I need less average.

The CPU is batting .236 and their BABIP is .281. Their average could go a little higher. They hit too many home runs. 15% of their hits are home runs and 47% of the Runs come from home runs. I tried to lower their power to 5 but I think that makes them too weak.

What are your thoughts? I don’t want to go up to Hall of Fame.
Pitch Speed

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-11-2019, 10:35 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

For anyone still using these - I have updated the SLIDERS (a number of them - so you might want to double-check your numbers/variables). These have been giving me GREAT games with a LOT of VARIETY! I know they're not for everyone, but they play a simulation style of baseball that provide a balance of challenge & fun. Everything noted on page 1 / post 1.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:20 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
For anyone still using these - I have updated the SLIDERS (a number of them - so you might want to double-check your numbers/variables). These have been giving me GREAT games with a LOT of VARIETY! I know they're not for everyone, but they play a simulation style of baseball that provide a balance of challenge & fun. Everything noted on page 1 / post 1.
couple more small tweaks to cpu hitting. as i get better i make certain personal adjustments. i really think i've found it with this set. so much fun!!
Old 01-23-2019, 12:30 PM   #40
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

How do you feel these would work for cpu vs cpu

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »