Home

JoshC1977's MLB 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's MLB 19 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-07-2019, 07:03 PM   #41
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's MLB 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.27
Snap! The gameplay was feeling too generic for me. So the past couple of nights I was already trialling Solid hits to 4 (Bloop hits are back), Fielder Speed to 4 (Finally saw Mookie miss a dive), Fielder Reaction to 4 (Legged out a couple of infield singles). These are locked in for me. I’m now very interested to give Timing 4 a go. I’m hoping it may tone down my last issue (barring Stamina) the foul balls a touch. What are you seeing with the Foul Ball rate?

Thanks for the update it’s great to have confirmed what I was seeing in the game.
This is why I put so much detail in my posts when I make updates, in the hopes that someone else will say exactly what you just did!! This makes me extremely happy to have someone else independently validate what I am seeing.

Fouls look fine to me to be honest (I'm not going to do much here until the patch because I can nearly guarantee that this will be an area they look at due to the complaining by both online and offline crowds). I don't so much look at the rates as much as I do the ole "did that make sense" test. Sure, you will get 10 pitch ABs, I'm good with that..but the balls that ARE fouled-off aren't as egregious as they are on HOF/Legend.

I give SP stamina a really wide berth....once we start seeing more balls in play converted to outs, we should start to see the pitch counts get up a little closer to that 88 pitch average.

Let me know what you think about the timing sliders and I'll take another look at the fielder reaction slider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2019, 07:49 PM   #42
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey Josh, what would you recommend using for pitcher Control if we want to keep using the ball marker? I played a couple games with these and I seem to throw too many strikes. But I feel if I turn it off I will be too nervous to go too far out and just throw too many strikes then. Does that make sense?
Old 05-07-2019, 09:39 PM   #43
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
Hey Josh, what would you recommend using for pitcher Control if we want to keep using the ball marker? I played a couple games with these and I seem to throw too many strikes. But I feel if I turn it off I will be too nervous to go too far out and just throw too many strikes then. Does that make sense?
Yeah, it makes perfect sense.

Here's my take. Just go with it off....you throw too much in the zone, you will get hammered. You'll learn really quickly to aim way farther outside than you expect to otherwise right now. Remember, walking batters is a good thing (well, better than giving up a bomb)

One thing that can work, go to the outfield cam for pitching to start. It is a broadcast style cam that will stay locked-in for each game (regardless of stadium) so you can get used to the feel for pitching without the ball marker. Once you get used to that consistency, then you can switch back to broadcast with the changing angles based on the stadium you play in (and the varying degrees in which you need to move the stick to move that invisible marker....making pitching on the road a bit more challenging than in your home stadium).

It's challenging, but that's kind of the point. You WILL get better at it, you'll learn the feel of it. The game is so much more rewarding without training wheels.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:27 AM   #44
Pro

No.27's Arena

OVR: 0

Josh, I have an apology to make. When I tweaked the sliders I must have worked off a saved default set and forgot to add in your Pitcher Control at 6. So I had some skewed data relating to Fouls. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be fouling off another 9 in a row with Leon at CPU Pitcher Control 6. I will keep testing Foul Frequency at 5.

On the Fielder Reaction front I did way too much testing in practice with Nunez 56 speed slapping grounders at 2nd baseman Kike Hernandez 59 Fielding and 64 Reaction. With Fielder Reaction at 5 if it was somewhere within range of Hernandez it was a not even close automatic out. With a Fielder Reaction at 4 more often than not I was still out by half a step but occasionally would be able to beat one out by half a step. I will do a bit of testing in game with it back at 5.

You’ve convinced me to stick with Stamina at 5 and I haven’t moved off Default pitch speed. Using the Fish Eye Cameras Default pitch speed is my absolute limit.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:28 AM   #45
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.27
Josh, I have an apology to make. When I tweaked the sliders I must have worked off a saved default set and forgot to add in your Pitcher Control at 6. So I had some skewed data relating to Fouls. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be fouling off another 9 in a row with Leon at CPU Pitcher Control 6. I will keep testing Foul Frequency at 5.

On the Fielder Reaction front I did way too much testing in practice with Nunez 56 speed slapping grounders at 2nd baseman Kike Hernandez 59 Fielding and 64 Reaction. With Fielder Reaction at 5 if it was somewhere within range of Hernandez it was a not even close automatic out. With a Fielder Reaction at 4 more often than not I was still out by half a step but occasionally would be able to beat one out by half a step. I will do a bit of testing in game with it back at 5.

You’ve convinced me to stick with Stamina at 5 and I haven’t moved off Default pitch speed. Using the Fish Eye Cameras Default pitch speed is my absolute limit.

No problem man. Stick with the reaction at 4 and see how it goes in-game, I’m doing the same right now. I just got in one game last night and didn’t see any issues.

That one game was also a 4-1 loss where my only run was scored on a wild pitch, so I was happy to see that. There were way more balls in play that could’ve gone either way , which had been lacking previously. I also ran through the pitch analysis post game and there was only one pitch fouled off that was more than a balls width outside the zone, which is what I want to see. Starting pitchers went 101 (me) and 86 pitches (cpu) (cpu guy pulled for PH) so that was good too.

I’ll give the reaction a couple more games and then if good, I’ll lock that in as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2019, 12:24 PM   #46
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Josh--I want to thank you for your continued efforts and suggesting the all star approach to begin with. I love the feel and vibe of all star but I'm at a point where I'm working to make it more challenging for me without having to move to HOF. HOF is fine, I just prefer the feel of all star. Thought I would share my adjustments built off your base in the spirit that it might help others adjust to their skill level. So far so good (for me) but I'm working on a bigger sample size. Imo, camera selection and pitch speed have huge impacts on results.

Adjustments:
-Hitting Camera: MLB The Show 15
-Pitching Camera: Outfield
-Human Timing:4
-Human Solid hits: 4
-Human Pitch Control: 5 (I prefer outfield camera for pitching. With control at 6, I'm too accurate. 5 works for me with this camera).
-CPU Solid hits: 6
-CPU Timing: 6
-CPU Pitch Control: 6
-Pitch Speed: 7 (Both for fastball and offspeed).
-Fielder Speed & Reaction: 5 for both.
**All others sliders at default of 5.

As I mentioned I love using the outfield camera for pitching. The downside is once you get the feel of it (clean screen) it can become easier to consistently hit your spots. Not as easy as using the ball marker or controller vibrate on, but easier than using broadcast camera which varies view and requires custom aim adjustments per stadium. Thus, I need to boost the CPU offense and lower human pitch control which is what I've done. So far so good. To make hitting challenging for me (e.g. realistic based on my skill level) I too have lowered timing and solid hits to 4. This with the combination of pitch speed at 7 seems to challenge me in a realistic way. I tried to lower pitch speed back down to 5 and started raking at an unrealistic clip again. That and I was just not afraid or intimidated by a high velo fastball pitcher.

Honestly I probably should make the move to HOF. However, I really like the feel of all star and I'd like to pursue finding adjustments that work for me. Work for me defined as tougher than all star but not as difficult as HOF. A custom all star plus if you will. Thanks to all of you for the dialogue in this thread. It's fun to read and gives me ideas for tinkering.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:02 PM   #47
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
Josh--I want to thank you for your continued efforts and suggesting the all star approach to begin with. I love the feel and vibe of all star but I'm at a point where I'm working to make it more challenging for me without having to move to HOF. HOF is fine, I just prefer the feel of all star. Thought I would share my adjustments built off your base in the spirit that it might help others adjust to their skill level. So far so good (for me) but I'm working on a bigger sample size. Imo, camera selection and pitch speed have huge impacts on results.

Adjustments:
-Hitting Camera: MLB The Show 15
-Pitching Camera: Outfield
-Human Timing:4
-Human Solid hits: 4
-Human Pitch Control: 5 (I prefer outfield camera for pitching. With control at 6, I'm too accurate. 5 works for me with this camera).
-CPU Solid hits: 6
-CPU Timing: 6
-CPU Pitch Control: 6
-Pitch Speed: 7 (Both for fastball and offspeed).
-Fielder Speed & Reaction: 5 for both.
**All others sliders at default of 5.

As I mentioned I love using the outfield camera for pitching. The downside is once you get the feel of it (clean screen) it can become easier to consistently hit your spots. Not as easy as using the ball marker or controller vibrate on, but easier than using broadcast camera which varies view and requires custom aim adjustments per stadium. Thus, I need to boost the CPU offense and lower human pitch control which is what I've done. So far so good. To make hitting challenging for me (e.g. realistic based on my skill level) I too have lowered timing and solid hits to 4. This with the combination of pitch speed at 7 seems to challenge me in a realistic way. I tried to lower pitch speed back down to 5 and started raking at an unrealistic clip again. That and I was just not afraid or intimidated by a high velo fastball pitcher.

Honestly I probably should make the move to HOF. However, I really like the feel of all star and I'd like to pursue finding adjustments that work for me. Work for me defined as tougher than all star but not as difficult as HOF. A custom all star plus if you will. Thanks to all of you for the dialogue in this thread. It's fun to read and gives me ideas for tinkering.
I used the OF camera for pitching all last year so I get what you're saying. I went to Broadcast for a different flavor this year and have enjoyed it for sure...but the consistency in "feel" using OF cam is nice.

Overall, those look like solid adjustments to me, but you might get sick of the CPU smacking line drive after line drive off of you. And truth be told, they aren't always as effective.

I have an alternate suggestion if you're interested: You might, if you haven't done so already, take what I posted last night (including the 4/4 solid hits/timing for CPU) but lower user pitch control to 4. With user pitch control at 4 (1 tick higher than CPU contact), their hitters will have an advantage (even if you hit your spots - which will be harder to do). The lower solid hits/timing will give a better hit variety, so the CPU will be able to get those bloopers in play along with the hard hit balls. In theory, it would feel more "challenging" but also look a bit more "real".
Old 05-08-2019, 02:09 PM   #48
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I used the OF camera for pitching all last year so I get what you're saying. I went to Broadcast for a different flavor this year and have enjoyed it for sure...but the consistency in "feel" using OF cam is nice.

Overall, those look like solid adjustments to me, but you might get sick of the CPU smacking line drive after line drive off of you. And truth be told, they aren't always as effective.

I have an alternate suggestion if you're interested: You might, if you haven't done so already, take what I posted last night (including the 4/4 solid hits/timing for CPU) but lower user pitch control to 4. With user pitch control at 4 (1 tick higher than CPU contact), their hitters will have an advantage (even if you hit your spots - which will be harder to do). The lower solid hits/timing will give a better hit variety, so the CPU will be able to get those bloopers in play along with the hard hit balls. In theory, it would feel more "challenging" but also look a bit more "real".

Great idea. Thanks for sharing. I’ll give it a shot. I’m enjoying the testing.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »