Home

Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2021, 05:38 PM   #3473
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
Hey Armor (or anyone else),

With the contract extensions I have a question.

For your own team, one of the top 2 FA players that fall in the random number is a player that you don’t really care to sign a big contract, what do you do? For example, my Braves the number 2 is Drew Smyly. He’s doing decent as my long relief guy and made a couple of starts. But to make him green he would want 5 years/$40M. I don’t know if I want to give him that contract. So, for your own team, do you make those calls or do you do whatever the RNG gives?

Your own team you call the shots! Always!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-05-2021, 05:39 PM   #3474
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbbucsfan001
I made an excel spreadsheet that does the slider and wind modifiers, so you don't have to do the website card draws.

Go to "File > Download" to save on your disk.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ilXnn7DOcVDKtP12xUxo1CFEopuIwX9y/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=113549868967911809927&rtpof=true&sd=true

That was really
Cool of you!! Thank you for sharing!

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-06-2021, 05:38 PM   #3475
Pro

Does everyone playing ‘20 on HOF pitch with API off? I’m not sure which would provide more realistic outcomes. Don’t like the API on default.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2021, 07:22 PM   #3476
Rookie

Jonotheking9's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgess
Does everyone playing ‘20 on HOF pitch with API off? I’m not sure which would provide more realistic outcomes. Don’t like the API on default.

Thanks

I have API on because I’m not very confident in my pitch calling/sequencing but I still sometimes choose my own pitches different from the catchers suggestion. I feel like it’s been ok for me in terms of realism.
As some have said before I think it would be nice for Catchers to have a game calling attribute or something similar.

Old 09-06-2021, 07:55 PM   #3477
Pro

IndianSummer's Arena

I use api as well. I let the catcher call the pitch and location. I do have a house rule though, I don’t necessarily pitch to the center of the mitt, I just make sure the ball marker is touching the mitt at some location.

I have a question maybe someone can help me with regarding franchise. I have been playing since David Wright was the cover boy (07 or 08?) and have always played with a middle of the road team, A’s, Cardinals, Royals etc.
I just started a new franchise with post trade roster and went to team select and closed my eyes and cycled through the teams and stopped the cycle and was sitting on the Dodgers. I started my franchise and noticed I had a budget of -2.93m per week. Any suggestions? I have never ran across this before.

Last edited by IndianSummer; 09-06-2021 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:08 AM   #3478
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotheking9
I have API on because I’m not very confident in my pitch calling/sequencing but I still sometimes choose my own pitches different from the catchers suggestion. I feel like it’s been ok for me in terms of realism.
As some have said before I think it would be nice for Catchers to have a game calling attribute or something similar.

I guess that is what I’m wondering. I usually listen to the catcher 90% of the time. Some games it seems the catcher calls a really great game and I pitch a shutout and only give up a handful of hits. The next game he seems to call a terrible game and I can’t seem to get anybody out. Maybe that’s how “trust the ratings” work and we are “supposed” to listen to the catcher all the time.

I guess the only thing that counters this is that in the strategy guide it says, “advanced players will want to develop their own strategies and tailor their picks against their opponent.”

So maybe it would be more realistic to “call our own game” on HOF?
Old 09-09-2021, 06:48 AM   #3479
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Yankees Year 5 is 9 games away from our 5th straight post season birth!

Once we conclude the regular season I will update the news wire with the Yankees final player statistics, top performers and final standings.

Then onto the post season where the Yankees look to defend their 2020 World Series title and chase a third title overall (and go back to back).

After we conclude our off-season we will then begin:

“The Season That Never Was” The 1994 Yankees and Bacon’s Fictional Yankees Year 1

Yankees Year 6 will start Spring Training in February 2022!

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-15-2021, 03:03 PM   #3480
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

The Yankees clinched the A.L East and the #1 seed in the A.L. Last night!!

We have 4 games left (vs Baltimore and 3 at home vs Boston).

We are currently on a season high 10 game winning streak and I have no intention of slowing it down.

I want to send the Red Sox outta the wild card race with their tail between their legs….screw them!!!!

So this weekend we will have a final statistical recap, standings and a post season preview on the newswire!!

Looking forward to a great write up with player capsules, player interviews and some news and notes from the GM’s
Office of yours truly with our outlook on this past season and our plans with the off-season and then Year 6 which will begin in February 2022.

Bacons Yankees and the 1994 Yankees will be on tap right after the Post Season is completed with hopefully our 2nd straight World Series title (3rd overall in 5 seasons).

Great times on MLB 20!!!

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »