Home

TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2020

This is a discussion on TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2020 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2020, 09:17 AM   #9
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
So started stamina I can why you need that up. I see players already in yellow at 80 pitches when it should be 90.

But why relief pitching to 7 what is the reason for this ? Is it so they have more stamina throughout the season.? I don’t see RP really drop in the yellow unless it’s over 30 pitches.

Just wondering because that’s what I have most issue with the cpu loves putting in. LR RP if a starter goes out before 5 innings and never hooks him no matter how tired he is or if he’s tired already from the day before. Gets to the point I swap to cpu and pull myself

So I might change it to 7 and see how it works!
Yes it mostly solves this issue. Mostly. The CPU will keep a pitcher in in a blowout.

The change is to increase the number of pitches before losing effectiveness. That seems to be all the CPU manager cares about. At default, the CPU is so concerned about maintaining their bullpen's pitch effectiveness that they'd rather leave a guy in and lose the game and protect the rest of there bullpen.

With reliever staminas raised, they are more willing to make logical swaps. Be sure to also raise manager hook to 6 though.

Note: I've done a lot of testing with this in past iterations, and there is no combination of settings that fully solves CPU bullpen management. It can get a lot better, but there will always be the odd head scratcher.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-18-2020, 09:38 AM   #10
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by isherdish
You lost the franchise you have been using for five or so years?

say it aint so!
Quote:
Originally Posted by No.27
Even I’m attached to that Roster What went wrong?
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-problem.html

Seems any save file from the early years that are carried over during the season are freezing. Bug report has been submitted and one person who has the bug has had communication with the devs, so they know about it.

If and when it gets fixed, I'm hopping right back in, but in the meantime I'm playing a modern rosters Jays franchise. I also want to start a fictional fantasy draft franchise, but I wanted to add my own created players to the mix since I've got quite a few I've concepted and really want in the mix. However that is much more of a time commitment and will take away from slider playtesting, so modern rosters it is.

I'm actually really enjoying it and wouldn't be too upset if my 2014 carry over was unrecoverable. I have a lot of attachment to a lot of those players, but that team was too good and the challenge was gone. I was only in June and it was obvious I was going to win the world series, again, for the 7th time in a row.

Meanwhile the modern Jays are an exciting team, but I don't think I can win with them, and while I do believe it's possible to make a championship team out of them this year, I think that will come at too much cost, and after running my carry over for so long, I care about sustainability and long term success. 3-1 in spring though!
Old 03-18-2020, 05:27 PM   #11
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Yes it mostly solves this issue. Mostly. The CPU will keep a pitcher in in a blowout.

The change is to increase the number of pitches before losing effectiveness. That seems to be all the CPU manager cares about. At default, the CPU is so concerned about maintaining their bullpen's pitch effectiveness that they'd rather leave a guy in and lose the game and protect the rest of there bullpen.

With reliever staminas raised, they are more willing to make logical swaps. Be sure to also raise manager hook to 6 though.

Note: I've done a lot of testing with this in past iterations, and there is no combination of settings that fully solves CPU bullpen management. It can get a lot better, but there will always be the odd head scratcher.

You are 100% correct on this!! I put them both at 7. and a huge change I noticed happened. the CPU even kept a guy in to last 5 innings with the score at 4-0 this never happened before at 5 they would have panicked and hooked at about 3 or 4. I see that only the big pitchers like Kewshaw go into the yellow by about 100 pitches so it is more realistic too

awesome find thanks! it's made the game more fun and I don't have to babysit the CPU BP as much now, I didn't think the logic would work like this. you would think lowering stamina would make them take a pitcher out sooner. quite interesting A1 logic

Last edited by ninertravel; 03-18-2020 at 05:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2020, 10:56 PM   #12
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OP updated with day 3 changes. I want to raise reactions up to 6, as it "gets the lead out of the pants" that players seem to have, but it also cleans up fielding way too much. I see more errors, especially minor ones, with reactions at 5 and errors at 6 than reactions at 6 and errors at 10. Even things like tracking the ball on a fly ball being effected by wind is much better. And things like subtle starts? Seemingly gone.

I could have been a victim of a small sample size, but it is kind of worrying none the less.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:23 AM   #13
Rookie

dar3816's Arena

I've been using a combination of these and Armors.
Hall of Fame difficulty for pitching and hitting
Directional Hitting, Classic Pitching, Auto Fielding with button throwing (meter off)
Strike zone off but I keep my runner windows, pitch display, and feedback on

the four games i played last night were great
as the Braves vs the Cardinals i Won 6-1, had to pull Soroka in the 9th with 1 out at 106 pitches
as the Braves vs the Phillies I lost 7-4, made a mistake pitching to Harper in the 7th with a base open in a tie ball game, 3-1 count and i should have walked him but i tried to paint the corner low and away and missed up
as the Angels I lost 5-3 to the Dodgers, Walker Buehler dominated this game
as The Braves i beat the Mets 7-3
fielding speeds and baserunner speeds look great with your settings. I also really like the boost to throwing to go with it.
Im not ready to move on errors yet as I had 3, 2, 0, 3 in the 4 games last night
Homeruns have been a little frequent though. 14 in 4 games last night. 7 for me and 7 for the cpu so at least there is balance
here is where im at right now

Human Contact: 5
Human Power: 5
Human Timing: 5
Human Foul Frequency: 5
Human Solid Hits: 5
Human Starter Stamina: 7
Human Reliever Stamina: 7
Human Pitcher Control: 5
Human Pitcher Consistency: 5
CPU Contact: 5
CPU Power: 5
CPU Timing: 5
CPU Foul Frequency: 5
CPU Solid Hits: 5
CPU Starter Stamina: 7
CPU Reliever Stamina: 7
CPU Pitcher Control: 5
CPU Pitcher Consistency: 5
CPU Strike Frequency: 5
CPU Manager Hook: 5
CPU Pickoffs: 6
Fastball Pitch Speed: 7
Offspeed Pitch Speed: 6
Fielding Errors Infield: 5
Fielding Errors Outfield: 5
Throwing Errors Infield: 5
Throwing Errors Outfield: 5
Fielder Run Speed: 5
Fielder Reaction: 5
Fielder Arm Strength Infield: 6
Fielder Arm Strength Outfield: 6
Baserunner Speed: 7
Baserunner Steal Ability: 6
Baserunner Steal Frequency: 6
Wind: 5
Injury Frequency: 5
Trade Frequency: 5
Old 03-20-2020, 12:00 PM   #14
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
OP updated with day 3 changes. I want to raise reactions up to 6, as it "gets the lead out of the pants" that players seem to have, but it also cleans up fielding way too much. I see more errors, especially minor ones, with reactions at 5 and errors at 6 than reactions at 6 and errors at 10. Even things like tracking the ball on a fly ball being effected by wind is much better. And things like subtle starts? Seemingly gone.

I could have been a victim of a small sample size, but it is kind of worrying none the less.
Do you have any concerns on the HR issue...many are saying the long ball is over the top this year...I’m viewing this from a Cpu Cpu standpoint but they do seem a tad high...any thoughts?
Old 03-20-2020, 12:23 PM   #15
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
Do you have any concerns on the HR issue...many are saying the long ball is over the top this year...I’m viewing this from a Cpu Cpu standpoint but they do seem a tad high...any thoughts?
I certainly haven't noticed an overabundance of home runs. I'm about half way through spring training and the most any individual has is 4. And you'd figure is be getting more than most with my wind up so high (although that hurts as much as it helps, ballpark depending).

I'd be able to assess this a lot better if I were playing the roster I'm more familiar with (my carry over) where I have a very clear idea of what results to expect. The trouble with balancing is that there are so many factors, and I would remind people that last year was one of the most homerun crazy years ever IRL. That has a massive impact on the rosters and also the results. I suspect your not going to see more than 5 home runs out of a 20 power guy still, there are just so many 50+ power guys out there now.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2020, 12:28 PM   #16
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3816
I've been using a combination of these and Armors.
Hall of Fame difficulty for pitching and hitting
Directional Hitting, Classic Pitching, Auto Fielding with button throwing (meter off)
Strike zone off but I keep my runner windows, pitch display, and feedback on

the four games i played last night were great
as the Braves vs the Cardinals i Won 6-1, had to pull Soroka in the 9th with 1 out at 106 pitches
as the Braves vs the Phillies I lost 7-4, made a mistake pitching to Harper in the 7th with a base open in a tie ball game, 3-1 count and i should have walked him but i tried to paint the corner low and away and missed up
as the Angels I lost 5-3 to the Dodgers, Walker Buehler dominated this game
as The Braves i beat the Mets 7-3
fielding speeds and baserunner speeds look great with your settings. I also really like the boost to throwing to go with it.
Im not ready to move on errors yet as I had 3, 2, 0, 3 in the 4 games last night
Homeruns have been a little frequent though. 14 in 4 games last night. 7 for me and 7 for the cpu so at least there is balance
here is where im at right now

Human Contact: 5
Human Power: 5
Human Timing: 5
Human Foul Frequency: 5
Human Solid Hits: 5
Human Starter Stamina: 7
Human Reliever Stamina: 7
Human Pitcher Control: 5
Human Pitcher Consistency: 5
CPU Contact: 5
CPU Power: 5
CPU Timing: 5
CPU Foul Frequency: 5
CPU Solid Hits: 5
CPU Starter Stamina: 7
CPU Reliever Stamina: 7
CPU Pitcher Control: 5
CPU Pitcher Consistency: 5
CPU Strike Frequency: 5
CPU Manager Hook: 5
CPU Pickoffs: 6
Fastball Pitch Speed: 7
Offspeed Pitch Speed: 6
Fielding Errors Infield: 5
Fielding Errors Outfield: 5
Throwing Errors Infield: 5
Throwing Errors Outfield: 5
Fielder Run Speed: 5
Fielder Reaction: 5
Fielder Arm Strength Infield: 6
Fielder Arm Strength Outfield: 6
Baserunner Speed: 7
Baserunner Steal Ability: 6
Baserunner Steal Frequency: 6
Wind: 5
Injury Frequency: 5
Trade Frequency: 5
Yeah I have a sneaking suspicion that all that's changed between the difficulty levels this year is the contact slider, so in practical terms your CPU sliders are probably equivalent to mine. I just can't condone pulse pitching on anything lower than legendary. It's just too easy to get perfect inputs every single time.

If my hunch is correct, it should make multiple slider sets super easy to make. That's good news, I know that's been a popular feature of my sliders in the past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »