Home

mkharsh33 MLB The Show 20 - Directional All-Star Hitting / Meter Legend Pitching

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 MLB The Show 20 - Directional All-Star Hitting / Meter Legend Pitching within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2020, 11:13 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: mkharsh33 MLB The Show 20 - Directional All-Star Hitting / Meter Legend Pitching

Is pitching/defense harder with the latest changes you made?

I played with your sliders on MLB 19 and they were great.

I played all Spring Training and 15 games in regular season with MLB 20 and pitching seems a bit easy. My team ERA is under 3.00 and getting outs is not challenging.

Thank you for all your good work!
Old 09-17-2020, 09:45 PM   #34
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: mkharsh33 MLB The Show 20 - Directional All-Star Hitting / Meter Legend Pitching

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I'd suggest playing about 10 games with them (at minimum) and see what your conclusions find. For me - this element is outstanding. I hate when fielders (infield and outfield) move to the ball at an unrealistic warp speed. The fielding is amazing, IMO. Yesterday I committed 3 errors in one game. It happens in real life. I see guys stretch hits. The reason, I think: because the speed of the runners in the field are toned down, the baserunner will be a little more aggressive. And yesterday I played a game with my 1999 file, and Kenny Lofton had 3 stolen bases (all CPU - not user) for me.

I only shared this set because it's different, and I'm having a blast with these. Not for everyone, and the beauty here is OS provides all kinds of great options. With pitching at the highest level, the All-Star level hitting does provide some advantages. BUT, with user contact at 0 - it totally changes the complexity of at-bats. A few games ago I drew a 12-pitch walk in a key at-bat. Patience was the key. I would suggest if it's too easy, then just up the cpu pitch speed coming at you.

But as far as the fielding, baserunning, steals - etc. - to me it's near perfect, and a tremendous variety.
Thanks ...I’ll give em a shot
Old 10-26-2020, 10:13 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

FINAL SET noted on page 1 / post 1

October 26, 2020

Been using these for several weeks - I LOVE the variety I'm getting.

If you're using these, I hope you enjoy them. There are also a number of other great slider sets here that you can choose from as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2020, 01:09 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
FINAL SET noted on page 1 / post 1

October 26, 2020

Been using these for several weeks - I LOVE the variety I'm getting.

If you're using these, I hope you enjoy them. There are also a number of other great slider sets here that you can choose from as well.
Just bought the game but have a problem when I'm going to the vault to find your roster and slider sets.

For the sliders, I filled in it manually but for the roster, when I put in search function by name or ID Mkharsh33, I have 0 result ???

I have to find maybe the page where they are written (also did it for the slider in date of 26th october but there was nothing). Any idea of a date for the release of your roster?

Many thanks in advance

update: I found 4 historic rosters from you but nothing more. Did you have a roster for the current season please? (if you can give me a date, so I can find the page, I don't know if it's a vault's issue)...
Or What roster do you suggest I can use with your sliders ?

Many thanks

Last edited by archanax; 11-28-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:00 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
Just bought the game but have a problem when I'm going to the vault to find your roster and slider sets.

For the sliders, I filled in it manually but for the roster, when I put in search function by name or ID Mkharsh33, I have 0 result ???

I have to find maybe the page where they are written (also did it for the slider in date of 26th october but there was nothing). Any idea of a date for the release of your roster?

Many thanks in advance

update: I found 4 historic rosters from you but nothing more. Did you have a roster for the current season please? (if you can give me a date, so I can find the page, I don't know if it's a vault's issue)...
Or What roster do you suggest I can use with your sliders ?

Many thanks
Sliders are not in the vault - so just use the information on page 1 / post 1.

And I have those 4 roster sets in the vault: 95, 97, 98 and 99

I'm working on 1996 but really needed a break. However, I'm taking vacation from 12/7-12/14 - so I'm thinking about getting after it again and finishing that set. No promises, but I'm getting mentally prepared (LOL). Thanks for the kind words. This is a GREAT game and so much fun!
Old 12-17-2020, 01:38 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Updated page 1 / post 1 - Version 9.0 - December 17, 2020

I know I said above the previous was "final" - but when playing more games some things became obvious that took the fun away. The balance of "challenge" and "fun" can sometimes get lost in this battle of sliders. So I made some changes that still make the game challenging, but brought the "fun factor" back into things. Patience at the plate. Move your pitches around and change speeds.

Hope you enjoy them!
Old 01-24-2021, 11:08 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Another update - as I've played more games I still tinker with things. page 1 / post 1 has the updated sliders and previous changes are clearly noted. If you like what you have then keep doing what you're doing. January 24, 2021. Version 10.0.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:37 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Do you see enough homeruns with power at 4? I played all Spring Training with the 1993 rosters and I don't see a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »