Home

canes21 Legen Hitting & Pitching Sliders

This is a discussion on canes21 Legen Hitting & Pitching Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2021, 10:51 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
canes21 Legen Hitting & Pitching Sliders

Hey guys, I figured I'd share my sliders because why not. If someone else out there finds them enjoyable or at least as a good base to make tweaks from, then sharing them was worth it.

The main two settings. The sliders starting with version 2.0 are tuned for these two play types. You may find they work with other interfaces, but they are not tuned specifically for Directional hitting or Classic pitching.

Hitting - Zone
Pitching - Pinpoint

The two settings that don't really matter what you pick.

Fielding - User Preference - I use manual fielding now with button throwing so that the throwing attributes are still used. I got bored watching my fielders field on their own to be honest.
Baserunning - User Preference - I am going with manual baserunning this year because like fielding, I got bored watching and not interacting this year.

And now here is what you came here for, the sliders:

v2.0

Human Contact - 4
Human Power - 5
Human Timing - 3
Human Foul Frequency - 1
Human Solid Hits - 6
Human Starter Stamina - 8
Human Reliever Stamina - 8
Human Pitcher Control - 4
Human Consistency - 4
CPU Contact - 4
CPU Power - 5
CPU Timing - 2
CPU Foul Frequency - 1
CPU Solid Hits - 5
CPU Starter Stamina - 8
CPU Reliever Stamina - 8
CPU Pitcher Control - 8
CPU Pitcher Consistency - 7
CPU Strike Frequency - 7
CPU Manager Hook - 3
CPU Pickoffs - 6
Fastball Pitch Speed - 7 (I could never get the pitches fast enough on directional. Now that I am on zone I actually need to lower them again which is nice)
Offspeed Pitch Speed - 7
Fielding Errors Infield - 8
Fielding Errors Outfield - 7
Throwing Errors Infield - 8
Throwing Errors Outfield - 7
Fielder Run Speed - 1
Fielder Reaction - 1
Fielder Arm Strength Infield - 2
Fielder Arm Strength Outfield - 2
Baserunner Speed -1
Baserunner Steal Ability - 8
Baserunner Steal Frequency - 6
Wind - 2 (Lower wind helps the temperatures in franchise mode be more realistic. No more winter coats in Atlanta in June)
Injury Frequency - 8 Really is user preference
Trade Frequency - 8 Really is user preference

Spoiler

v1.0
Spoiler

As always, these are all a baseline. These settings work for me. They won't work for all. You might want less trades and will change that value monthly. I've done the same. You may raise or lower the injury frequency depending on your experience. That's all fine and dandy. One size does not fit all with sliders.

I'm just hoping by sharing these somebody else out there can use these to get more enjoyment out of the game. Maybe they use the sliders to a tee, maybe they use them as a baseline. I honestly don't care how you use them as long as they helped your experience get better.

Some may even come in here and just look at these values and use them as "research" and ask why I have a value where I do. Maybe we learn something as slider creators as a whole in this community by comparing values and having people question and test things.

You never know. I don't need this thread to get 100 pages deep and for the whole community to enjoy them for me to feel satisfied. I just want one other person to find these helpful and if that happens, they were worth sharing.

Also, many people don't realize how big of a difference the camera angle can make, but I play with a custom camera angle(shown below) that purposefully is offset more and angled to make the pitchers more effective. If I played in the Strike Zone camera I'd never chase a pitch because that camera angle, and many other default angles make it ridiculously easy to track pitches since they are from perspectives a hitter in real life cannot access.

I purposefully make my camera angle one that shows off the stadiums and is in a position that makes it harder for me to spit on pitches right off of the black. I want an angle that allows me to get fooled by good pitchers, allows me to chase, allows the ball to get blown by me, etc. The angle I use does that, but is one I still enjoy playing from which is obviously incredibly important.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 05-11-2021 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Mistyped value
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2021, 03:16 PM   #2
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: canes21 Legen Hitting & Pitching Sliders

Gonna give these a try. HOF way too easy for me this year and Legend I am getting about 4 hits a game and CPU about 12-15. Hopefully these correct the issue. Appreciate you posting some Legend sliders.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:21 PM   #3
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

Played a couple games. It played alright, bit too much contact from the human IMO. I struck out a total of 6 times in 2 games against Kershaw and then Bauer, and I use Giants. averaging about 10 a game on default legend. I do like the baserunner speed lowered as well as fielding speed and reaction. Felt like human pitcher had way too much control, never walked anyone using pinpoint pitching. Never felt threatened by CPU when they were hitting at all... I'm just gonna tweak default legend a bit and see how it plays.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:20 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Good feedback. I'm seeing some of the same things, especially the control part. I've tinkered some and will post an updated set tomorrow that may give you a better base. If not, thanks for trying them and confirming what I was seeing as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 05-04-2021, 03:10 AM   #5
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Good feedback. I'm seeing some of the same things, especially the control part. I've tinkered some and will post an updated set tomorrow that may give you a better base. If not, thanks for trying them and confirming what I was seeing as well.

Sorry if I was a bit critical after such a small sample. Appreciate the sliders though. Not much Legend stuff posted around here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2021, 09:10 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
Sorry if I was a bit critical after such a small sample. Appreciate the sliders though. Not much Legend stuff posted around here.
You weren't critical at all. You were seeing the same stuff I was seeing. I appreciate you giving them a shot and leaving feedback. Contact is definitely too high. I had initially brought these over from 20 and just boosted offensive sliders to account for the game being less offensive out of the box. Now that I'm more acquainted with the game I definitely need to lower contact.

And using pinpoint pitching, control definitely needed to be I actually have had it dropped the last couple of days and was having better results. I used classic last year and the RNG meatballs were prevalent on Legend, so I had control up a bit, bit obviously with pinpoint it needs to be lowered much closer to default 5.

― Plato
Old 05-05-2021, 06:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Any luck on some updated legend hitting sliders. I’m stuck and can’t find a good mix. Currently playing on hof but I’ve got everything so lowered offensively and still tearing it up. I guess I could start tinkering with pitch speeds on hof ��*♂️
Old 05-09-2021, 04:11 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_tiffmc
Any luck on some updated legend hitting sliders. I’m stuck and can’t find a good mix. Currently playing on hof but I’ve got everything so lowered offensively and still tearing it up. I guess I could start tinkering with pitch speeds on hof ��*♂️
I've updated the main post with 1.1 sliders. The higher pitch speed may help alleviate the issues you're having.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »