Home

knucklecutter's MLB 21 HOF directional / classic sliders

This is a discussion on knucklecutter's MLB 21 HOF directional / classic sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2021, 04:48 PM   #17
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: knucklecutter's MLB 21 HOF directional / classic sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
From here on out lets focus on the game play that the sliders provide. I've got a AAA game to go to tonight and once I get my hands on Ridin's Rosters tomorrow I'm going to edit all the equipment by using reference pictures. It'll probably take me a few days to edit everything, but once I do that I'll start my franchise and start posting my results. That's the plan anyway.
Will you upload the rosters too?
Old 05-08-2021, 01:34 PM   #18
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know if it's just by chance, but I'm seeing improved hit variety since plugging in these sliders. This is a solid set. Going to start my franchise with it
Old 05-08-2021, 02:29 PM   #19
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
Will you upload the rosters too?
I guess I could, but it's going to be a few days, maybe a week or so. I got the equipment edited for everybody on my teams 40 man roster using Getty Image reference pictures and it took longer than I thought it would.
Old 05-09-2021, 12:17 PM   #20
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

I'm having some pretty ridiculous bugs in franchise mode right now. Anyone else?

Example: Spring training game @ PHI, I pinch hit Clint Frazier for the pitcher, then bring in a new pitcher next inning. Next time pitcher spot comes around, I go to pinch hit and the ONLY position player on my bench is... Clint Frazier. So I pinch hit him and then put in a new pitcher the next inning. For the rest of the game, I have 0 players on bench (I should have like 10) and can't do any defensive subs or pinch hitters.

Not to mention after the game, stats were showing guys had 7 at bats (they did not)
Old 05-09-2021, 04:56 PM   #21
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMan17
I'm having some pretty ridiculous bugs in franchise mode right now. Anyone else?

Example: Spring training game @ PHI, I pinch hit Clint Frazier for the pitcher, then bring in a new pitcher next inning. Next time pitcher spot comes around, I go to pinch hit and the ONLY position player on my bench is... Clint Frazier. So I pinch hit him and then put in a new pitcher the next inning. For the rest of the game, I have 0 players on bench (I should have like 10) and can't do any defensive subs or pinch hitters.

Not to mention after the game, stats were showing guys had 7 at bats (they did not)

While I haven't started my official franchise yet, earlier in franchise slider testing I played a bunch of games and never had any issues pinch hitting or making substitutions in general.

On a side note for anyone wondering, I've completed 8 teams of equipment edits. I'll finish all 30 teams as fast as I can when time allows but it's a slow and tedious process. Once complete I'll upload it to the vault if anyone is interested in using it. It's Ridin's Roster and I'm editing everyone that's on the 40 man team using reference pictures from Getty Images and from some screen shots that I took on my PC while watching live games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2021, 08:39 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMan17

Is the CPU in Spring Training subbing starting pitchers out after like 2 or 3 innings like they should and as Spring Training nears towards the end are they lasting like 5 to 6 innings?. I know a few years back SDS messed this up and it had to be patched in later on.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:06 AM   #23
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf142
Is the CPU in Spring Training subbing starting pitchers out after like 2 or 3 innings like they should and as Spring Training nears towards the end are they lasting like 5 to 6 innings?. I know a few years back SDS messed this up and it had to be patched in later on.
I'm about 12 games in doing a mix of playing and quick manage (will play all regular season), looks like from the start everyone is going 4 innings exactly (unless they are getting shelled before this).

I'm also having some stats not counting for some reason. I threw Domingo German for 2.0 IP in his first start, and the game ended up going 11 innings. In the box score and then in his stats, it shows he has pitched 0.0 innings for that game and spring training overall. I don't even know what exactly happened with Taillon, but when he came up for his second start, it showed he also had 0.0 IP for Spring.
Old 05-11-2021, 12:37 PM   #24
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Just a small update, non slider related.

For those that may be interested I have completed accurate equipment edits for 13 teams (40 man only) and should have the NL done tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »