Home

knucklecutter's MLB 21 HOF directional / classic sliders

This is a discussion on knucklecutter's MLB 21 HOF directional / classic sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2021, 11:55 AM   #49
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
You're asking if I can strike out 10 or more cpu batters correct?
The most I've gotten with my starter so far is 9 but the total number of K's was more than 10, so far this is a best case scenario.

Here are the results from opening day.

Okay. I’m just trying to gauge where to start. I’m completely stumped with pitching. I’m going to dive into HOF pitching and I’m trying to figure out a starting point in doing so.

I appreciate it

I just need to know it’s in the realm of possibilities to have a user high strikeout game. And apparently it is! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Rmiok222; 05-27-2021 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-27-2021, 12:02 PM   #50
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Re: knucklecutter's MLB 21 HOF directional / classic sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
Okay. I’m just trying to gauge where to start. I’m completely stumped with pitching. I’m going to dive into HOF pitching and I’m trying to figure out a starting point in doing so.

I appreciate it

Give my sliders a fair chance, I think you'll find that they play great. It's challenging but yet rewarding. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Old 05-27-2021, 12:21 PM   #51
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
Give my sliders a fair chance, I think you'll find that they play great. It's challenging but yet rewarding. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I’m really considering it! I really struggled for whatever reason on HOF hitting though I don’t know why. This is the first year I couldn’t hit squat on HOF

Last edited by Rmiok222; 05-27-2021 at 12:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2021, 04:57 PM   #52
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

I have been able to get double digit K’s with my Ace. The pitchers pitches and ability is a major factor. Change up speeds on the CPU. Out and away fastball/change up combo is good. Cutter/Slider starting in the zone and falling out are good chase pitches. High heat out of the zone late in the count usually leads to the chance of blowing it by them because they are looking for an off speed put away pitch. I also like to throw change ups in the middle just below the zone instead of curveballs. For some reason I get rocked on curveballs more than not. You pitches don’t have to be all outside the zone. If placed correctly and the right mix you can get K’s inside the zone. Swinging and looking. Just practice and get to know what your pitchers are good at throwing.
Old 05-27-2021, 06:35 PM   #53
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
I have been able to get double digit K’s with my Ace. The pitchers pitches and ability is a major factor. Change up speeds on the CPU. Out and away fastball/change up combo is good. Cutter/Slider starting in the zone and falling out are good chase pitches. High heat out of the zone late in the count usually leads to the chance of blowing it by them because they are looking for an off speed put away pitch. I also like to throw change ups in the middle just below the zone instead of curveballs. For some reason I get rocked on curveballs more than not. You pitches don’t have to be all outside the zone. If placed correctly and the right mix you can get K’s inside the zone. Swinging and looking. Just practice and get to know what your pitchers are good at throwing.

See I seem to not be able to get anybody to chase anything on HOF. Not fastballs high out of the zone and every time I throw a slider low and away out of the zone it’s a stone cold take every time by the cpu it seems.

I don’t really have a choice tho. All star is playing horrendous so I feel forced to make a jump to HOF even though I like the way all star feels much much more

Old 05-27-2021, 10:00 PM   #54
Rookie

would these work fine with meter pitching??
Old 05-27-2021, 10:26 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
I have tried almost every slider/setting set on here and I keep coming back to these. Pitch speeds at 10 is the ultimate realism. I never get broken bats on any other sliders.

Thanks for these.

Yeah you're totally right, after The Show 2017 or maybe 2018 I changed to Pitch speeds at 10 and it totally changed the game for me. More people should try maxing out pitch speeds and hit on HOF or Legend to test themselves, it might surprise and force you to be better at the game. So many sliders on here are so casual and are set at All-Star and pitch speeds at 5..its as if they want their hand held every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2021, 11:20 PM   #56
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf142
Yeah you're totally right, after The Show 2017 or maybe 2018 I changed to Pitch speeds at 10 and it totally changed the game for me. More people should try maxing out pitch speeds and hit on HOF or Legend to test themselves, it might surprise and force you to be better at the game. So many sliders on here are so casual and are set at All-Star and pitch speeds at 5..its as if they want their hand held every year.

I'm just getting back from a AAA thirsty Thursday game, but there's nothing wrong with people having different difficulty settings. If they have to play on rookie or Legend then so be it. It's just a game and the ultimate goal is to have fun. Having said that, for many years I've played on HOF and have always wanted to bump it up to Legend, where I think I could hold my own, but the CPU seems to have a significant edge, and this year on HOF with my settings and my sliders, this is the absolute best video game baseball that I've ever played in my entire life. It's so good... I pray that the devs don't change anything because I really love where it's at. I highly recommend anyone considering to use my sliders to give them an honest try, I can almost promise you that you won't be disappointed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »