Home

knucklecutter's MLB 21 HOF directional / classic sliders

This is a discussion on knucklecutter's MLB 21 HOF directional / classic sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2021, 09:01 AM   #65
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: knucklecutter's MLB 21 HOF directional / classic sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchel55
Has anyone ever found/created a camera angle which allows you to properly judge high and low pitches while also giving you a more 3D view to judge ball flight (which can be done by tilting the camera up a bit). It seems if you tilt the camera up you lose the ability to judge low pitches well, otherwise without doing the tilt you can't see the ball flight nearly as well. So it seem like you have to pick one or the other which will lead to lots of strikeouts either way.
You just have to go into practice mode and play with it. Same with mentioned above and pitch speeds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2021, 05:59 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchel55
If one is struggling with the 10/10 pitch speeds, would you recommend bumping using timing to 9 or even 10 before decreasing pitch speeds? I like the realistic high pitch speeds but i don't want to sacrifice gameplay (imbalancing other sliders, etc) by putting user timing too high. Thanks!

That's basically what I did, I bumped Timing up by 1 click to 7 now keep in mind I hit on Legend so maybe it equals what this Slider's HOF slider was intended for. But this is basically the best slider base on this site with a few slight adjustment to Baserunning to 4 and Outfield speed to 2.
Old 06-04-2021, 01:35 PM   #67
Just started!

Thanks for these. I’d been using meter pitching and giving up 0-1 runs per game with like Nick Pivetta and Garrett Richards. Sale took no hitters to the 7th in his last 3 starts on meter/HOF difficulty. Just played my first against the Yankees with these and gave up 10 runs, 15 hits and 5 homers. Hopefully I learn classic and find a middle ground. I’d imagine it has to do with how long I’m holding the pitch button!
Old 06-04-2021, 01:49 PM   #68
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnieB94
Thanks for these. I’d been using meter pitching and giving up 0-1 runs per game with like Nick Pivetta and Garrett Richards. Sale took no hitters to the 7th in his last 3 starts on meter/HOF difficulty. Just played my first against the Yankees with these and gave up 10 runs, 15 hits and 5 homers. Hopefully I learn classic and find a middle ground. I’d imagine it has to do with how long I’m holding the pitch button!

First off, you're welcome. Secondly, you'll get used to it. With classic pitching you have to change the location you aim for depending on how long you hold the button to compensate for ball movement and that's if it goes exactly where you want it to go. You can't just aim for a spot and have the ball go there, for the most part. You have to think about it in terms of where it'll end up and aim for a spot that will end up in the location you're after, if that makes any sense.
Old 06-04-2021, 04:37 PM   #69
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Aside from going into practice, is there any tips on how to read the pitch coming out of the pitchers hand? I am striking out too much but its because I am deciding to swing way too early, and then late the next pitch, In practice mode they only throw strikes, so that is great for timing on pitches in the zone. But I need to learn how to lay off. These are the sliders I want to play with. But I need assistance hitting.
Old 06-04-2021, 05:06 PM   #70
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
Aside from going into practice, is there any tips on how to read the pitch coming out of the pitchers hand? I am striking out too much but its because I am deciding to swing way too early, and then late the next pitch, In practice mode they only throw strikes, so that is great for timing on pitches in the zone. But I need to learn how to lay off. These are the sliders I want to play with. But I need assistance hitting.

If you go into custom practice from the main menu screen after the rosters and sliders are loaded you can click on practice type, then team practice and bat (offense) against the pitcher of your choice. They will throw strikes and balls. It shows the count at the top of the screen.
Old 06-04-2021, 05:06 PM   #71
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
You have to train yourself to look in an area and focus there. Step up to the plate with a plan. For example, I tend to focus around the release point of the ball being pitched and look for a pitch in the upper part of the zone. Focusing on something like this helps you judge each pitch for whether or not its in the strike zone. If you have no plan then everything feels like a strike and you start guessing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2021, 05:57 PM   #72
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

I'm experimenting with upping the user contact from 5 to 6 and maybe dropping my timing from 6 to 5 to help even it out. I want to see how much of a difference it makes offense wise, but the main objective I'm after is to make it a tiny bit easier to check swing, because currently it's borderline impossible. I'll play a bunch of games before coming to a final decision. If the results seem to stay in line without giving me a noticeable advantage I may update the op. Either way it will be a good week or so of testing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »