Home

Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2022, 01:12 PM   #297
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
Once you go classic, you never go back. For real man, there’s a beautiful art to pitching with classic. I highly recommend you get to the point of having a clean screen. Use ball marker fade and vibration to get started since you’ll need to understand when o release and vibration helps with the timing of that.

Im excited to go for it, in pretty much ever sports game I’ve ever played, I play for realism. I don’t like simulating and I really dislike exploits and cheese in the game.

Meter pitching was good for me as a returnjg Show player but I didn’t give up many walks and it got tedious to always have to watch the meter and time stuff.

I’m gonna full commit! Now waiting on some food and accurate rosters to get this thing rolling.

Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated!
Old 04-11-2022, 01:19 PM   #298
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisAC12
Im excited to go for it, in pretty much ever sports game I’ve ever played, I play for realism. I don’t like simulating and I really dislike exploits and cheese in the game.

Meter pitching was good for me as a returnjg Show player but I didn’t give up many walks and it got tedious to always have to watch the meter and time stuff.

I’m gonna full commit! Now waiting on some food and accurate rosters to get this thing rolling.

Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated!
I am not afraid to admit but until this year I pitched w/ classic BUT left ball marker on. Trust me, you don’t need it. I wish I would have realized that 5 years ago.

Dowie
Old 04-11-2022, 01:24 PM   #299
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Testing and streaming will commence at 4:30 PM est today!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-11-2022, 01:36 PM   #300
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Slider Testing/streaming will be commencing in the next hour.

We are testing several tweaks and I look forward to seeing how they play out.

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-11-2022, 01:44 PM   #301
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

Anything we can help with specifically?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2022, 01:55 PM   #302
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

I’ll Be watching and chiming in when I can. Think we only need a few slight tweaks to the set you have posted in the OP.
Old 04-11-2022, 02:11 PM   #303
Rookie

Jonotheking9's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
I am not afraid to admit but until this year I pitched w/ classic BUT left ball marker on. Trust me, you don’t need it. I wish I would have realized that 5 years ago.

Dowie

Me too Dowie I’ve always used the ball marker on but may try it off this year but ngl it does scare me a bit . The other thing for me is I like to have API on as I’m not sure about pitch locations to throw other than the obvious (e.g. no high changeups/curveballs etc.). I haven’t always followed it 100% of the time but I just feel like I’d be a bit lost with it off…

Old 04-11-2022, 02:57 PM   #304
Pro

OVR: 7

Hey A&S,
I use your clean screen approach and sliders for many years now...even found a good broadcast view to bat from to complete the MLB look/experience . One thing this year, are you finding it really difficult to not throw the ball offline trying to get an out at first or turn a DP? I use analog, meter off and unlike last year it seems like every other throw is off the mark...i recall this happening in past versions but can't recall which version but it was ultimately fixed. maybe i will have to switch to button throwing if you're not seeing this problem this year.
Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »