Home

Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2023, 02:21 PM   #1433
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
Hey Armor I just picked up 23 and I'm liking it alot. I know you are rolling with 20 but I was kinda hoping you'd be making a set for 23. I get your reasons with the year to year saves and all. Your set for 22 was spot on and once I used your exact sliders last year I never looked back.

Any chance that I'd be safe using your 22 sliders for 23? Or do you recommend anyone elses sliders for 23? I was thinking about using TNK's 23 set but your my go to guy for the Show and Madden so I figured I'd ask.

I know alot of guys are sticking with 20 but I'm itching to play a season on 23 with the new scheduling and new playoff format.

Thanks for any feedback in advance! As always much appreciated!

I have made the move to S & B’s sliders this year and am happy to report this is the best the game has ever been for me, and I’ve played them all religiously.

‘21 and ‘22 were disappointing, but we are back in action with ‘23.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-29-2023, 07:17 PM   #1434
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

First year in a long time I didn’t buy the digital deluxe pre order to play 3 days early. I originally got my PS4 just so I could play this series. It’s sad what the game had become the past couple years, but I do believe it had a lot to do with Covid and moving to multiple platforms, and I do believe they may have turned a corner.

After watching a few streams the past few days, I decided to go ahead and pick up 23 at it’s regular price. Honestly my main reason for getting it was for the negro league story lines, as well as the WBC moments. I can safely say I’ve been pleasantly surprised so far, especially after playing mostly MLB 20 for the last couple years.

Seems like they really did a deep dive this year and cleaned up the entire package. There aren’t any massive improvements but it really feels like they looked at most parts of the game and really polished them up.
The first thing you notice on the PS5 is the fidelity. It’s much better than last year, from the players to the ballparks, everything just looks way better. It finally feels more like a PS5 game.

Second I noticed was the bat sounds, I think they absolutely nailed them. You really hear that difference between every type of hit from a blooper to a no doubt home run.

Another small thing that some people may not notice, who don’t play every year, is the players and fans emotion. They’re much more realistic this year and it makes the game a lot more immersive.

It also seems like the really polished the fielding animations and there’s an appropriate amount of time taken in order for fielders to position themselves and throw the ball, something that had always bothered me.

The last thing I noticed immediately was the new UI and score bug. The UI breathes fresh life into the game and the score bug has a lot more information.

You put all that together with a new scouting and draft system and I think this could be the first year since 2020 this game will feel like the MLBTS used to feel for me, only time will tell.

I’ve played a few games on default HOF and most things feel great, the CPU is even managing their bullpen well.

Anyone interested in clean screen, classic pitching, directional hitting. I’ll be streaming on twitch.

twitch.tv/tc020791
Old 03-30-2023, 12:08 AM   #1435
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
First year in a long time I didn’t buy the digital deluxe pre order to play 3 days early. I originally got my PS4 just so I could play this series. It’s sad what the game had become the past couple years, but I do believe it had a lot to do with Covid and moving to multiple platforms, and I do believe they may have turned a corner.

After watching a few streams the past few days, I decided to go ahead and pick up 23 at it’s regular price. Honestly my main reason for getting it was for the negro league story lines, as well as the WBC moments. I can safely say I’ve been pleasantly surprised so far, especially after playing mostly MLB 20 for the last couple years.

Seems like they really did a deep dive this year and cleaned up the entire package. There aren’t any massive improvements but it really feels like they looked at most parts of the game and really polished them up.
The first thing you notice on the PS5 is the fidelity. It’s much better than last year, from the players to the ballparks, everything just looks way better. It finally feels more like a PS5 game.

Second I noticed was the bat sounds, I think they absolutely nailed them. You really hear that difference between every type of hit from a blooper to a no doubt home run.

Another small thing that some people may not notice, who don’t play every year, is the players and fans emotion. They’re much more realistic this year and it makes the game a lot more immersive.

It also seems like the really polished the fielding animations and there’s an appropriate amount of time taken in order for fielders to position themselves and throw the ball, something that had always bothered me.

The last thing I noticed immediately was the new UI and score bug. The UI breathes fresh life into the game and the score bug has a lot more information.

You put all that together with a new scouting and draft system and I think this could be the first year since 2020 this game will feel like the MLBTS used to feel for me, only time will tell.

I’ve played a few games on default HOF and most things feel great, the CPU is even managing their bullpen well.

Anyone interested in clean screen, classic pitching, directional hitting. I’ll be streaming on twitch.

twitch.tv/tc020791
How much offence you getting from the cpu on default? I couldn’t generate ANY threatening offence from the cpu on ‘22 so I switched back to ‘20. In my 20 games in my franchise on ‘22 (after many practice games) the cpu scored 2 runs or less every game. I’m happy sticking with ‘20 if need be, as I am definitely challenged by the cpu, but a part of me would love to give ‘23 a shot if the results are good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2023, 08:12 AM   #1436
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgess
How much offence you getting from the cpu on default? I couldn’t generate ANY threatening offence from the cpu on ‘22 so I switched back to ‘20. In my 20 games in my franchise on ‘22 (after many practice games) the cpu scored 2 runs or less every game. I’m happy sticking with ‘20 if need be, as I am definitely challenged by the cpu, but a part of me would love to give ‘23 a shot if the results are good

I mean just go ahead and watch the VOD from yesterday and see for yourself. I played almost 2 full games against Seattle. They scored 6 runs without hitting a HR the first game, next game they scored 7 with 4 HR. This was on default HOF.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:20 AM   #1437
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
I mean just go ahead and watch the VOD from yesterday and see for yourself. I played almost 2 full games against Seattle. They scored 6 runs without hitting a HR the first game, next game they scored 7 with 4 HR. This was on default HOF.
Thanks. Are you thinking of making any slider adjustments?
Old 05-02-2023, 10:47 AM   #1438
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Please sticky - Info is a wealth of knowledge by Armor and Sword.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »