Home

Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2022, 08:50 AM   #1409
Pro

Mikeyo918's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

Does anyone know how you can use stubs to buy "money" for a franchise team. I remember being able to add to teams budget to make big trades etc.
Ex, Mets are -12$ MIL but I want to add funds to their budget to make some trades (Like IRL Cohen is going all in)
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
InterMiami
MLBTS ‘23 (PS5)

https://www.twitch.tv/coastiemike918
Old 08-23-2022, 12:09 PM   #1410
Pro

Mikeyo918's Arena

Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

Hey all, so here's my midseason update on gameplay, stats, etc.

I uploaded a video on twitch labeled ASB Stat update, it's easier to view all there, want to see anything else let me know.

So I play the game exactly how AS has it posted on the OP, Vibration off (very key to improving CPU offense with more missed locations). I did change base running to AUTO so that the game logic with take into account the players Arm strength/accuracy, as the CPU has made some questionable baserunning decisions against me, i wanted an even playing field. It's rather on the aggressive side, but i love it.
Check swings, the big topic prior, I've gotten plenty of no swings and swings, same as CPU, not sure if it was an under the hood fix not mentioned in a patch, but it definitely seems a lot smoother and more random (prior to whatever, check swings did not exist!)
Defensive shifts- I usually will play the shift on a guy if he's extreme pull with 20% or less to opposite field, unfortunately though sometimes a ball will be hit into the shift, but the route towards the ball is awful (disadvantage of using auto fielding), but it happens rarely, sometimes Ill just individual guys to help with it.
The bullpen logic by CPU is still screwy, but I'm going to employ the system that I've seen in other posts and give it a shot, usually ill just go through each bullpen each week and make adjustments as needed.
Hitting- Im getting a good variety of hits, bloopers, scorchers and in between, using the DBacks isn't necessarily going to light the stats up, but Ketel Marte is a beast, 2nd in the league in BA, 9th in Hits (even while missing 15 days on IL) 1st in doubles, 5th in OBP, and 3rd in WAR. I saw mentioned USER offense with XBH seems too powerful, im around 10th league wide in both 2B/3B, but I would say playing in the NLW (Chase, Coors, Oracle) attributes to this more.
One note, I am dead last in SBs, but on my 26 man roster my fastest guy is an 87 SPD who is a bench guy, so it is what it is.
Pitching- Good days and bad days, depending on who's on the mound. 22nd in ERA (4.03), 26th in Ks (615) all though i feel like this is every year issue with Ks.
Playing with vibration off is huge, to be able to find the perfect release point on each pitcher is a PITA! But rewarding when you do find it, warm up pitches help with this when bringing in relievers.

So about the DBacks, currently sitting 51-46, 5 GB of 1st in NLW and 2.5 GB from 2nd WC. This team is tough, Marte is the only 80s player on offense, and consistency from players is hard to come by, Ill get hot streaks followed by very cold streaks. Christian Walker is a guy I can't figure out, he's batting .198 with 20 HR, 55 RBI, and 106 Ks. I think its his batting stance and swing I still haven't figured out. Carson Kelly is another, he cannot hit RHP, trade deadline approaching, I need to find a Lefty Bat at C to platoon him with.
Pitching has been fun as well, Zac Gallen has 11 QS thru 19 starts with an ERA at 3.38, MadBum has 12 QS thru 19 with ERA at 2.78. My bright spot in the bullpen has been Kyle Nelson (60 OVR) with a 2.25 ERA thru 36 IP.
Definitely going to make a few small moves to fight for the WC, but don't want to lose my prospects (Alek Thomas, Corbin Carroll, Jordan Lawler, Blake Walston) so I will probably look towards Veterans on expiring contracts.

I do control trades in the league (cpu logic is terrible once again)
ASB saw a flurry of moves, with lots of teams looking to get a head start and create some distance in the standings

Yanks catching was terrible (Trevino batting .189/Higashioka .193) so they traded for Sean Murphy, who's also been struggling in OAK (BA .192, 12 HR, 33 RBI) but hoping for rejevunation with the Yanks.
Yanks- Sean Murphy
A's- SP Deivi Garcia (B), SS Oswald Peraza (A), CF Everson Pereira (B)

White Sox were struggling with the DH position and got Nelly Cruz (.240, 12 HR, 38 RBI)
Nationals - SP Norge Vera (B), 3B Jake Burger (C), RF Luis Mieses (C)

Some smaller trades were made as well.
The next few weeks will be interesting, below are guys im going to list as available
BAL - Mancini (.239, 16 HR, 38 RBI)
BOS - C. Vazquez (.269, 6 HR, 34 RBI) Eovaldi (14-2, 1.55 ERA *STUD*)
DET- T. Barnhart (.294, 5 HR, 42 RBI) M. Pineda (11-8, 3.56 ERA) A. Chafin (16/17 SV, 1.75 ERA)
MIN- M. Sano (.226, 18 HR, 46 RBI)
HOU - Y. Gurriel (.249, 8 HR, 37 RBI)
OAK - F. Montas (13 QS, 88 K, 4.85 ERA) L. Trivino (25 SV, 2.62 ERA)
TEX- M. Garver (.225, 8 HR, 30 RBI) B. Miller (.221, 14 HR, 40 RBI)
PHI- R. Hoskins (.224, 17 HR, 43 RBI, Philly is out of contention, and with Stott knocking on the door at 3B, Bohm could move to 1B) K. Gibson (10 QS, 3.63 ERA) C. Knebel (29 SV, 2.16 ERA)
WAS- Soto (.304, 18 HR, 58 RBI) Bell (.290, 16 HR, 53 RBI) NOT NECESSARILY SOLD ON TRADING JUAN SOTO
CIN- T. Naquin (.254,13 HR, 40 RBI) T. Mahle (13 QS, 3.18 ERA) L. Castillo (11 QS, 4.05 ERA)
PIT- R. Perez (.216,11HR,40 RBI)
STL- Not sure, but they could be looking for their future C, lots of prospects to trade
COL- Too many bad contracts on this team, its tough)

Thanks for reading, feel free to ask any questions, check out the video to see the in game stats as well as gameplay!

Thanks!
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
InterMiami
MLBTS ‘23 (PS5)

https://www.twitch.tv/coastiemike918
Old 09-03-2022, 08:01 AM   #1411
Rookie

Any tips on classic pitching? When do I release the button?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2023, 11:00 PM   #1412
Rookie

thelegitgoat's Arena

Was thinking of making the switch form all star plus. How do these play. Went 105-57 with Josh’s default sliders. Just felt like no punch from cpu. I was using 2022 giants.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-13-2023, 07:35 AM   #1413
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegitgoat
Was thinking of making the switch form all star plus. How do these play. Went 105-57 with Josh’s default sliders. Just felt like no punch from cpu. I was using 2022 giants.

Back when I played 22 they are legit.

You will not rollover over the cpu.

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-13-2023, 05:36 PM   #1414
Pro

vertman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegitgoat

They are great sliders. Armors sliders are all I have uses since 2015. The real deal. Look no further!

Old 01-26-2023, 06:07 PM   #1415
MVP

Houston's Arena

Hey Michael come check it out!!

About to play my 56th game in my online league thats based off the real 2022 MLB season. Real lineups, we use the starter who pitched, we keep transactions and injuries updated as to when they happened in real life.

* This again other online older games like myself not 1 game vs the CPU.

* I have managed to tie my 2021 win streal with the ASTROS of 29 straight wins. Today at 5:30 I go for the record of 30 straight wins. Come hang out and see what were about and what we done all year!!

https://youtube.com/@mlbnetworkleague
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2023, 06:37 PM   #1416
MVP

Houston's Arena

https://www.youtube.com/live/8hSUCVkCqNM?feature=share

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »