Home

Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2022, 03:10 PM   #1049
Rookie

japsubie's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I am currently out of pocket/town as my sons high school team is the state championship semifinals tonight in Fort Myers FL.

Most likely I will not be able to play till Sunday.

On the surface I have very little to no concerns about this tweak they are making.

I will observe though as I play.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Haven’t played enough for a true sample yet but so far I don’t see need for any changes to sliders.

Old 05-20-2022, 03:46 PM   #1050
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

I hate these patches/updates, simply because there is no going back (that I am aware of) once you DL the patch/update.

NHL series at least gives you the ability to select previous "tuners". So if the update/patch isn't your cup of tea you can revert back to a previous one.

Bases on the patch/update description, I think I am going to go for it. More swing miss/less fouls is a good thing IMO.

Dowie
Old 05-20-2022, 04:25 PM   #1051
Rookie

colepeyton's Arena

little off topic here but the last few days ive found myself playing more 20. something with 22 just isnt grabbing me at the moment. hitting just does not feel good to me. I will stay at it. theres room for both but 20 has my attention again lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2022, 04:27 PM   #1052
Rookie

colepeyton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
I hate these patches/updates, simply because there is no going back (that I am aware of) once you DL the patch/update.

NHL series at least gives you the ability to select previous "tuners". So if the update/patch isn't your cup of tea you can revert back to a previous one.

Bases on the patch/update description, I think I am going to go for it. More swing miss/less fouls is a good thing IMO.

Dowie

from streams ive watched today the update did not change much if any at all with the fouls. seems to still be alot of contact outside the zone.
Old 05-20-2022, 05:24 PM   #1053
Rookie

Jonotheking9's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie

Dowie

Just got done playing opening day in my Blue Jays franchise. Came away with a 2-1 win against Baltimore (all 3 runs scored on sac fly’s).
FWIW each team struck out 13 times (a rough game for both lineups) in what looked like a classic case of hitters not having their eye in yet.

Old 05-20-2022, 07:14 PM   #1054
Rookie

CubHawk1788's Arena

What is up everyone! Long time lurker here on Armor's forum, and I usually watch Armor on twitch and chat with him over there (ShowTimeSN).

Lovin' these sliders and way to play, each edition Armor comes up with seems better and better. Love the way the game is playing.

However... Saw on twitter and here as well that there's a crash happening within franchise with the update.

So, I'm going old school. Disconnected from the internet for now. Love the way this game is playing, Going to take a backseat and wait for things to get sorted out.

Enjoy the baseball everyone! and be aware of the update, I've read that disconnecting allows you to get into franchise fine. Hopefully a fix soon!
Old 05-20-2022, 09:14 PM   #1055
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Small sample size, but after DL’ing the patch I have not noticed a change in fouls vs swing & miss.

Still a ton of fouls and still too many fouls that IRL a hitter would never even get to.

This isn’t slider related….just how the game is programmed.

Still trying 2 figure out is I like fish eye or retro batting view 🤷*♂️…retro requires increase in pitch speed sliders and I haven’t found a sweet spot with that either.

Dowie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2022, 09:22 PM   #1056
Rookie

Game is 100% different. How much is the question I’m still trying to figure out but… missing on good timed swings, harder to hit, etc..

Any one else have any overriding feelings?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »