Home

Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2022, 03:54 PM   #1361
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Any future questions, comments, franchise news, etc regarding MLB 20 let’s post on the MLB 20 slider thread so we can keep this clean for those enjoying MLB 22 and have questions regarding that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Agree, and for those that enjoy 22, that's great! Some of us have reverted to 20, but i don't think any of us are bashing 22....just prefer 20.....hope everyone enjoys whatever version they've landed on!

Dowie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2022, 11:58 AM   #1362
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

Hey guys what batting camera have you had the most success with?
Old 07-12-2022, 06:37 PM   #1363
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachJames3
MLB15 with speed sliders bumped to 7
Retro bump speeds to 7 too

BUT I also like the challenge of Fish Eye 1 (default pitch speeds)

Dowie
Old 07-12-2022, 11:38 PM   #1364
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachJames3

I like Strike Zone 3, I think that’s it. Good plate coverage and still have good views of the fields, foul pole to foul pole.

Old 07-13-2022, 04:55 AM   #1365
Rookie

Jonotheking9's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
MLB15 with speed sliders bumped to 7

Retro bump speeds to 7 too

BUT I also like the challenge of Fish Eye 1 (default pitch speeds)

Dowie

I’ve been playing with Retro cam this year and really enjoy it. I’ve been using pitch speeds at 6 but was wondering if I should bump up to 7. Would you suggest it’s best at 7 using that cam Dowie?
I’m using Armors sliders for reference so I know it’s been said pitch speeds should be bumped up from 5 when not using Fish eye camera.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2022, 12:31 PM   #1366
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotheking9
I’ve been playing with Retro cam this year and really enjoy it. I’ve been using pitch speeds at 6 but was wondering if I should bump up to 7. Would you suggest it’s best at 7 using that cam Dowie?
I’m using Armors sliders for reference so I know it’s been said pitch speeds should be bumped up from 5 when not using Fish eye camera.

I use Armors full slider set as well.

IMO, because we don’t all use the same tv’s, monitors etc., pitch speed comes down to (within reason) user preference.

Everyone’s experience with pitch speeds is going to be slightly different (think game lag).

I think 6 or 7 for retro is great, but if you struggle to pull a 94/95MPH when sitting on a FB, I’d lower pitch speeds.

If you pull 96+ MPH FB’s with ease in 2 strike counts while trying to protect the plate, then chances are your pitch speed sliders are too low/slow.

Maybe keep track of your hitting spray charts for 5 to 10 games. That might give you a sense of if you are too early or too late on too many balls put in play, then adjust pitch speeds accordingly.

I’ll say this….it’s my experience that going below default is waaaaaay too slow for Retro camera (ball floats too much).

8 or higher is actually too easy, because you don’t even have time to read pitches…..your just pressing the swing button asap and that’s not a real approach to hitting!

Dowie
Old 07-13-2022, 03:23 PM   #1367
Rookie

Jonotheking9's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
I use Armors full slider set as well.

IMO, because we don’t all use the same tv’s, monitors etc., pitch speed comes down to (within reason) user preference.

Everyone’s experience with pitch speeds is going to be slightly different (think game lag).

I think 6 or 7 for retro is great, but if you struggle to pull a 94/95MPH when sitting on a FB, I’d lower pitch speeds.

If you pull 96+ MPH FB’s with ease in 2 strike counts while trying to protect the plate, then chances are your pitch speed sliders are too low/slow.

Maybe keep track of your hitting spray charts for 5 to 10 games. That might give you a sense of if you are too early or too late on too many balls put in play, then adjust pitch speeds accordingly.

I’ll say this….it’s my experience that going below default is waaaaaay too slow for Retro camera (ball floats too much).

8 or higher is actually too easy, because you don’t even have time to read pitches…..your just pressing the swing button asap and that’s not a real approach to hitting!

Dowie

Appreciate the reply Dowie. I will have a look at my hitting spray charts for the next few games and see what the timing looks like. Thanks

Old 07-13-2022, 09:43 PM   #1368
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotheking9
Appreciate the reply Dowie. I will have a look at my hitting spray charts for the next few games and see what the timing looks like. Thanks

I wouldn’t sweat it….5,6 or 7 all work.

Spray charts can help (if sample size is enuf)

I’d rely more on what you are feeling/seeing in your AB’s.

You should have to be looking FB to hit 96 or 97+. If you are able to sit back and wait on those kinds of speeds than your pitch speed sliders are too low.

Happy gaming!
Dowie

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »